Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Has anybody seen this new EPA problem???

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

D3bb4

D3bb4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSydney
I've got a relative that works for the EPA, and they sent me some links today about what AFAIK is a new dob-in scheme...

Basically if your car blows smoke, or is too loud, etc. people can report your car, and new phone apps are coming out in December to help people do it... info in links below...

http://www.environme...au/mvreporting/

Noise Testing and Anti-Tampering Scheme
http://www.environme...oise/NTATIS.htm

Noise
http://www.environme...yreporting.aspx

http://www.environme...oisyexhaust.htm

I hope the dodgey smokey vans and stuff get pulled off the road, but I hate to think what's in store for modded cars...

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
The option to 'dob someone in' via the smokey vehicle link has been in existence for a few years.
There's been times when Ive choked behind some cars from the smoke or smell of a faulty cat converter and it has really fired me up... but you know what.... Im not that much of a c*nt to dob someone in for it though. Thats what rego checks and inspection stations are for.

The DECC noise and anti-tampering scheme had reached its climax a year or two ago and the police were sending vehicles to their local DECC inspection station for any reason they seemed fit. If a car had an aftermarket exhaust or the Police thought that the car sounded loud, in their 'professional' and 'trained' opinion, they were referred to the station for inspection. A lot of people young and old, in new and old cars got fined and had their cars taken off the road. All it did was fire the wrong kind of people up and the inspectors quickly became unpopular people amongst the public and the industry.

The rules in regard to noise requirements that DECC work to are unrealistic and damn near impossible to comply to for the most part. It forced me to send Chris Kelly in the DECC my thoughts on paper in an effort to open up the DECC eyes about their unreasonable and unfair system. But without parliamentary backup, you cant change the ADR's. The DECC upholds the rules written in black and wihite even though their own workers and many in the motor uindustry disagree with them. Its like 'we all know the rules are fukd and hard to work to, but hey, bad luck'.

In my opinion the DECC are opportunistic and see car modifiers as a source of extra funding to help keep themselves operational. Anyone who dobs another person in is not only a c*nt, but they are also helping the DECC fund new ways to screw us all over again and again. Payments received in fines is easy money for govt departments and thats why they will continue to exploit any way possible to keep on obtaining it. :thumbsdown: The mobile phone app is nothing but a clever ploy in disguise. It wont be cool, it'll be a low act. The DECC has the most to benefit out of it.

Sorry, it just really pisses me off that common sense in many govt departments gives way to whats written in the policies. I know in the govt dept I work in, we have all undergone recent training to be more customer focused and to challenge ourselves on how we can provide a better service to the public. We're actually encouraged to speak up and ask 'beaurocratic busting' questions. Its a good concept but time will tell if anything becomes of it.

Edited by EVO-00X, 06 November 2012 - 11:18 AM.

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

D3bb4

D3bb4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSydney

Sorry, it just really pisses me off that common sense in many govt departments gives way to whats written in the policies. I know in the govt dept I work in, we have all undergone recent training to be more customer focused and to challenge ourselves on how we can provide a better service to the public. We're actually encouraged to speak up and ask 'beaurocratic busting' questions. Its a good concept but time will tell if anything becomes of it.

Their common sense for bending the rules for exotics are that they are limited production cars... so If you can afford something like that, you can have a unique car. You make our own car unique, you get screwed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users