Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HELP 4g92 dohc mivec PLEASE PLEASE HELP engine suddenly cuts cant restart

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Drake Mateo

Drake Mateo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi i have a 1993 mirage cyborg-r with a 4g92 dohc mivec engine, i think i may have fault in my ignition sytem but have not been able to figure out what is wrong with the car, was working fine came home parked it up, tried to go out a hour later and it would not start, it would turn over but just woudnt fire up, i left it over night and tried it again in the morning and it started up sweet. i spent the hole day driving around in it and it seemed to have no issuses at all . eg, no lack of power, no odd noises, no misses... then on my way home the engine cut out completely all of a sudden while in gear at 50 just lost power and stoped and would not restart. got it towed home and left it till next day. next day thought id try start if before doing any work on it and it started first time so i took it for a test drive and got about 6-7km and and yet again was going mint and engine cut out and lost power completly again and would not start got it home checked few things found it didnt have spark at all but all plugs are good and leeds look like in very good condition and no visible damage to anything tryed playn around with plags and wires but still would not start and had no spark, got annoyed slamed bonnet and went to lock car but thought id try it one more time and started first time, took it for test drive got about 0.5km down the rd and engine cut out and would not start again

PLEASE some one help me and tell me what the problem is and how to fix it as this is my dayly runner.

Drake Mateo

Drake Mateo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
oh i have also already replaced coil packs and ignitor module and checked power supply to both and to dizzy and all are getting power but still no spark at any leads

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
I would have said ignitor...then coils. but if these are replaced with known working items...next place to look will be cam angle sensor

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
What a frustrating problem. Definitely sounds like an intermittent electrical fault when heating up or bumped.
Yeah change the CAS next with a known good one plus revisit the ignitor and coilpack plugs to look for loose, exposed or freyed wires.
Also, when its not starting, lift the bonnet up and put a jumper lead from the negative battery terminal directly onto a good spot on the chassis somewhere to check grounding, then try again with the jumper going straight to the ignitor bracket or good spot on the engine to ground it. You never know but its worthwhile checking.
AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Just re-read and you mentioned 'dizzy' as in distributor I take it? Did you mean the CAS as these engines dont have dizzys lol. The bastard plugs on top of the CAS get fukd up over time if the wires are tight and not supported. They start to pull out, frey and corrode and even short out which can cause this type of problem. If you have damaged wiring look at cutting off the plug and extending the wires or reconnecting if tou have enough length so no exposed wiring is prevalent. Always use solder and shrink wrap then put in a small conduit. Then cable tie the conduit somewhere on the engine there so it is supported with no weight or engine movement trying to pull the wires out of the plug. :)
AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users