Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stolen NOW FOUND - Galant VR4 SA

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA
Hi all,
Unfortunately when my friend got back from work this morning he informed me that my car had been stolen. Sounds like it was towed (no way a bunch of random joyriders could have worked out how to start it, or got it to go anywhere when it was cold).

Anyway if anyone in SA sees parts as per my for sale thread let me know. The most obvious part is the wheels, the 16" ralliarts which I have painted silver, they're quite distinctive. I'll update this thread later (have to call insurance agency) and post all the mods from the car and if anyone sees anything.. uddate.

Cheers.

Edited by doommachine, 21 August 2012 - 12:11 PM.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Crap.........

Sorry to hear that mate..

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Geelong
damn wasnt there another one not too long ago?

micky_vr4

micky_vr4

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
sorry to hear it mate, that was the burgundy one?

J-spec white RS-Evolution GVR4 - soon to move for the first time in 2 years  :thumbsup: 

A-spec maroon GVR4

A-spec silver GVR4 - sold and racing!!!

265T

265T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
WTF???

so sorry to hear Daniel, probably the same guys that have been stealing Evo's lately

will keep a look out,

dafurn

dafurn

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Will keep an eye out for it mate. Goodluck.

265T

265T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Rego - CC 042J

Attached Thumbnails

• galant1.jpg

markfoursvr4

markfoursvr4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Sorry to hear this unfortunate news I'll keep my eyes peeled what part of Adelaide was it stolen from?

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA
Prospect SA. Gotta do stuff again just checking in. The chick at shannons told me that a fair few cars have been trailer stolen lately, thursday she talked to a guy who had his 911 stolen the same way from an underground car park or something like that.

MattSA

MattSA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Assholes, hey what time was it stolen ? pretty brazen to come along with a truck or trailer. Obviouusly you had a good alarm / immobiliser as I do on mine. Mine also sits out front and I worry also.

Mine stock A-spec, really never thought that high on list of cars to be stolen, hope you get it back.

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA
Yeah I had a really ridiculous immobiliser. Anyway if they had have tried to steal it that way they never would have gotten it down the street, it wouldnt really go unless it was a bit warm thanks to a shit cold start map. I reckon they staked it out because it was still there when my housemate when to work at 2am (baker).

I doubt seriously that if someone goes to the trouble of trailering a car that it will ever appear again.. makes me sad. Cars that are worth what that was are shit in comparison.. boo. Oh well.. items to look out for.

- Koni yellows + whiteline springs (silver)
- Whiteline strut tower brace (common as muck though, meh)
- The turbo has a ceramic coated exhaust housing and the bearing housing is red
- ralliart rims of course - 16x7
- dash with integrated boost gauge
- I had a custom fuel inlet kit - black filter, black anodised fitings - mated to a black/red aeromotive FPR
- DBA4000 front rotors
- I had a crap but distinctive head unit - BM Boschman.
- GSR grille was sprayed gloss black - normally they're dull grey of course

265T

265T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Also has a black Meek I/c piping kit

They may have pushed the car up the road & tried to start it like happened with the Evo 1 a few months ago. They found it a couple streets away, thieves couldn't get it started. Have a look around your area.

Daniel do you still have a mobile? I don't have your home no. since you moved house, pm me

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA
Already drove around a lot to have a look.. theres hills in every direction near my house haha.. hope they tried to push it. My home numbers the same as before man :D

Edited by doommachine, 20 August 2012 - 06:03 AM.

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA
Cars found in edwardstown - went and picked it up. Apart from the smashed ignition and window the cars fine. For some retarded reason they ripped they rear view mirror off as well. They drove over 300 km however, and there is a fair bit of oil on the rocker cover. It started first go though, of course, and drove perfectly.

They stole it by push starting it, they ripped part of the immobiliser out but realised there was no point so they just push started it. Car would not have been fun to push start at 2am. Next mod - fuel pump direct wiring with kill switch.

Edited by doommachine, 21 August 2012 - 11:48 AM.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Good stuff, glad to hear you found it.And it's not wrecked or in a million bits.

I am going to put a hidden switch on the nlts so that it's harder to thrash if you dunno to flick the switch...
Sort of like a valet mode.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Could pull the ecu/pump relay, just mount it somewhere easier to access
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA
Too hard, I think the immobiliser I have now can also be wired to the fuel pump, just need to work out how. Black wires.. nightmare. They seem to have been remarkably considerate car thieves, and left the tshirts they used to avoid getting glass on their pants on the seat for me.

Edited by doommachine, 21 August 2012 - 12:47 PM.

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
there is a good spot to cut in a kill switch. The wire that actually powers the immobilizer.

How do I know this....my car stopped yesterday. The bastard installer had just twisted the wires together and not soldered. No power to anything when it worked loose.

just a tiny switch... hidden would do the trick as there is stuff all draw in the line

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Gotta do it yourself if you want it done right, eh Brian.

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
yes mate so it seems...

But now during unemployment...i will have a lot of time to fix those niggling little things

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users