Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Moving to Sydney from Victoria

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

WindeX

WindeX

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationMelburn!
Hey guys,

Looks like I will be moving to Sydney in the next few months and will be bringing my Evo 3 reshell with me. Does anyone know if I will have any issues with reregistering it in NSW? Also what is the deal with the blue slips? Most of my workmates have newer cars which apparently dont need to go through the process.

Cheers

111GSR

111GSR

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationSydney South West
Welcome to the city of madness.

Not too sure on the Evo situation.... please explain the reshell bit ?

Pink slips we do with every rego, however new cars do not require to do so for first coupel fo years. Blue slip is required if the vehicle was un-registered or has ran out of registration. Hope this helps.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
^ not quiet correct there....have you ever bought a car from Victoria? I'll assume not due to your answer.

If bringing a car from Victoria to NSW to be able to register it here you WILL need a blue slip...but this is more to ensure roadworthiness and a general safety check of the car...its not the same as if the car had been unregistered; nowhere near as anal...They do check for oil leaks, to make sure everything works as it should,
as well as that the engine number matches the car.
However being a re-shell if it has a REPV VIN number it maybe an issue as certain numbers in that scheme cannot be registered in NSW due to some shit loophole in the re-shell scheme now being closed...I've been through all this in the past so I speak from experience.
Best bet for the OP is to ring the Roads and Maritime Service to make sure...
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
We dont allow Mexicans in NSW!!! lol :P
You could get away with driving the car in NSW til just before the VIC rego runs out = smart choice especially if you have heaps of months left of VIC rego!!!.
Otherwise if you try to register your VIC car in NSW for a blueslip immediately, they strip all current VIC rego off it (bye bye) and you have to pay for full 12 months NSW rego from scratch.
As Jamo advised, registering an REPV vehicle in NSW is complicated and near impossible for NSW residents. Im not sure how relaxed the RMS laws are if it is your own VIC rego'd vehicle when moving interstate.
When you find out, please tell us!!! :thumbsup:
AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Im not sure how relaxed the RMS laws are if it is your own VIC rego'd vehicle when moving interstate.
When you find out, please tell us!!!

I would like to know also, coz if you can i think i'll be movin to VIC for a year and will bve on the market for an EVO3 lol
------------ 4GTUNER STICKERS - CLICK HERE ------------

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png
------------------------- 4G63T AWD COUPE -------------------------
----------------------- WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET -----------------------

WindeX

WindeX

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationMelburn!
Thanks for the pointers guy, I guess I will have to spend some time on the phone to get the answers from the authorities. I have 10 months left on my Victorian registration so will probably heed the advice to stick with it for the short term.

Will let you guys know what eventuates.

Liberoz

Liberoz

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationSydney
A mate purchased one in vic and had many hassle's here trying to change over the rego to NSW
.......but hit wall's every time due to the REPV vin

He's lived here for over 5 years and has just kept it with Vic rego and plates
Bonus is Vic dont do pink slips, like nsw.

So he pays his rego over the internet
Then gets the new rego decal sent from a vic address to nsw and its all good.

Edited by Liberoz, 01 September 2012 - 03:50 AM.

John
CE9W RIBEROGT RANSAEBO II

RRF | 0Z Racing | RALLI/// ///ART | Sparco | MEEK | Elf | Fujitsubo | Marle Pistons
| HKS-RS Intake | Cusco | Apexi | PUMA | Dia Queen | GIII's | Hibrid III | MMC | GReedy TRUST | Camtech | RECARO| RSEII Spec | RALLIART Options inside | Walbro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users