Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1991 Galant VR4 $5000

- - - - - RS 16G J-Spec ECMLink

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Hi,

Up for sale is my 1991 Galant VR4.
I've had this car for about 4 years now but I never get to drive it as I have too many cars and can't afford to upkeep registration costs for multiple vehicles. Not to mention, we've just moved house and don't have enough room for them. Actually, I think I'm just getting old and over cars now lol :P

It's an A-Spec with J-Spec bumpers / rear bootlid assy. / tail lights / garnish and front fenders (with the green glow foglights :) ).
So that explains why it looks completely like a Jap Spec :)

I bought the car with a blown headgasket, but I had a half cut wasting away so I decided to swap the engines over completely. So it has a Monte Carlo RS VR4 engine (small 16G w/ported exhaust housing = very steady boost + 510cc injectors + external oil cooler).
While I was at it, I replaced the pressure plate with a H/D Exedy one and a genuine Evo3 clutch driven plate, new release bearing etc. (I don't like to do things by halves).
The clutch is very nice to drive with a little extra pressure and tonnes of grip but no chattering or anything. Just about perfect in my opinion.
I replaced the lifters with brand new 3G ones, removed the sump and rocker cover, cleaned up everything, replaced all oil seals, timing belt, tensioner, water pump, balance shaft belt etc
The engine still has good (even) compression across all four (around 150-160psi I can't remember) as it had only done 110,000km's in Japan before I did all of this work to it.
I replaced the gearbox oil seals, transfer case oil seals, rebuilt the front CV joints (not the rears though, but they are still fine anyway).
It has a complete RS VR4 intercooler setup and a Turbosmart BOV.
I've installed ECMLink V3 Lite and have a half decent basic tune going, but I never had alot of time to play with it, certainly alot of interesting features that are still yet to be taken advantage of.
It has a cat back exhaust (which sounds REALLY tough, but not gay and over the top :P) - no joke, it's the best sounding VR4 I've heard and I've seen many..
It has an Evo3 Momo steering wheel and good window tint (not jet black but still pretty dark).
It has a basic head unit and speakers.
It has a basic bleed tap type boost controller.
The wheels are Advanti something 17" with 90% tread on all four (just replaced them) but are not included @ 5k.

This car runs well and is very nice to drive. All of the maintenance has been done and the new owner just needs to hop in and enjoy it.
I've only run 14psi boost pressure, but with a Walbro in tank fuel pump ($150??) you could up it to 18psi no problems but even on 14psi, this thing goes pretty well.

The reason for the low price is that the body is in poor shape. The paint is a bit faded on the bonnet, theres a dent in the bootlid and quite a nasty hit on the front right corner (I did that last one :( )
There are a few small dents on the roof as well. Apart from that, the only other thing wrong with it is the aircon compressor. I got it re-gassed and then the A/C compressor died, but I have a spare one I can give the new owner for free.

Sorry, I don't actually have any decent pics of the car but I'll take some better ones for a serious buyer. There is a video of a T4G cruise I took it on below - fav pic is @ 04:51 :wub:
The price is final and does not include registration, RWC or the wheels pictured. You can keep the wheels for another 1k.
It's already a bargain so please don't lowball as I'm not overly desperate to sell it.

Just for clarity, since all of the above work has been performed, the car hasn't been driven any more than 2,000km's. It's been in storage most of the time.

Thanks for looking. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCFi5mpKXiU

Edited by MDK87, 29 July 2012 - 11:21 AM.

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Idk why the roations didn't apply?
Sorry about that. You could always download them and rotate in MS picture viewer.

ozyvr4

ozyvr4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Banyo
Good luck with the sale Mo.

Car looks good.
2001 Legnum daily

A-spec VR4 FP3052 in construction.

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Thanks Scotty :)

Qik-1.8

Qik-1.8

Formally known as 347-dis

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationNorth Brisbane
hhmmm vr4 and a qick gsr. tempting

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

hhmmm vr4 and a qick gsr. tempting

So my VR4 isn't quick? ..... :(

Lol :P It's nothing like Mitch's GSR but it would be a nice daily :)

Edited by MDK87, 31 July 2012 - 12:09 PM.

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Sold.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RS, 16G, J-Spec, ECMLink

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users