Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

4G93 4G94 MAF upgrade - anyone done it?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

bob

bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
All the performance blogs i've read talk about NA engine performance as being comprised of filter/pod upgrades, throttle body upgrades, exhaust upgrades and cam upgrades, then tuning tuning tuning.
Very few discuss the MAF restricitions on the 4G93 and 4G94 intakes - My take was that as long as port and throttle body velocity is god, and the MAF is reading accuratly enough (doesn't need to be perfect) that the size of the MAF was limited only by it's minimal reading accuracy for low speed driving i.e. carparks and initially off the mark.

I've been reading this:
http://t3.gstatic.co...dD4TlIKzQh2FDxW
http://www.mitsu-med...read.php?t=7472

has anyone here done this?

I have a 4G94 in a pajero io, loads of torque down low but struggles to breath at higher rpm - given that i'm eventually looking at a snorkel a MAF upgrade seamed a plausible way to help reduce intake restrictions.

comments?

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
I would think it will be cam profile that is affecting the top end rather than the MAF.

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

JayRome

JayRome

Blurring the line between 1st to 3rd Gen engines....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
i doubt your MAF would be maxed out on an N/A.. id more so be aiming at tuning and camshaft design... considering weight of your pajero and the size of your engine, they most likely tuned it for street driving instead of out right RPM and power...

if you wanted a rev happy 4g94, you could find the GDi engine or strap a turbo to your current engine...

Chosen Weapons:
WideBody Galant GSR 4g63 N/A+T Hybrid 1st/3rd gen +AWD
Audi A3 slow POS

bob

bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
I've been looking at the 1.8 turbo gdi engines but everything i've read said gdi's from that era won't run on our high sulphur australian fuel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users