Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Idle Speed Control problems

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

nigel_a

nigel_a

YR2SLO

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, QLD
Checked the isc with the ignition on and it makes a clicking sound and moves a fraction rotationally. Turn the ignition off and it does the same but moves the other way. Checked for power at the harness and it has 12v.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Does it do it like this one?

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

nigel_a

nigel_a

YR2SLO

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, QLD
Mine didn't move in and out. Made more of a ticking sound. Will try a get a vid this Arvo.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Inside isc is a threaded rod, the motor turns the rod and (pintle?) moves in and out. Pull the old one apart to see how it works.
Maybe yours is gunked up?

Also the stepper motor drive is controlled on the neg side at the ecu ie negative trigger.
I will get the resistance for the ecu tonight
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Post 12 edited to give info for checking driver chips, blown tracks and open circuit in looms.
Check out your non working ecu you have lying around and maybe look at getting them fixed.

GSR 95T

GSR 95T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationSydney
hay all,
I have an issue with my 94 GSR's idle...

I've checked the pins on the ISC as per this thread and got these readings pins 1 an 2 I get 29.0 on pins 2 an 3 i get 29.5 on pins 4 an 5 i get 29.7 but on pins 5 an 6 i get 137.7 ?? is that right ???

My car idles up on start up to about 1100 then drops to about about 900 after a few seconds but sometimes it stays there and some times it will idle down to 0 and the motor will stall but some times it stays running even with the revs down on 0 !?!?!

When it stays idling at around 900 if I turn my lights on the revs drop, if I turn my steering wheel sometimes it will stay at the same spot and other times it will drop in revs...
can anyone shed any light on this ??

Cheers

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
I would suggest by those readings, that one of the coils is shagged in your isc.
Check the ecu as well as in post 12 (I think) probably your ecu is fine as you have a high resistance not a low one.
Isc coils are able to be interchanged, but I haven't done it

clone

clone

self employed bum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationTownsville
i have a question about the ISC . Mine is stuffed but i have another one in my 2000 model ce lancer wagon... can i use this one ? is there any difference

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
If they are the same physically and the same resistance. They should interchange ok.
Let us know how you go

clone

clone

self employed bum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationTownsville
okay the isc motor from the 2000 model lancer wagon is incompatable since its the same as a magna.. same resistence on all coils but overall height of the plunger is shorter ie .... idles at about 3k lol

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts

okay the isc motor from the 2000 model lancer wagon is incompatable since its the same as a magna.. same resistence on all coils but overall height of the plunger is shorter ie .... idles at about 3k lol

Cheers, nice feedback.
So if you were stuck you could unsolder coils and swap them over,

clone

clone

self employed bum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationTownsville
this is really annoying now. Went to all he wreckers in townsville and only have ce lancers. and they are smaller then the stock one i have in my gsr grrrrr... i hate this crap! why cant they just use the same ones!

p055um5

p055um5

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationHunter Valley
Check this thread

http://www.4gtuner.c...D=__firstUnread__
97 RVR HSG, ACL RACE SERIES FORGED PISTONS, EAGLE 3D H-BEAM FORGED RODS, ACL RACE SERIES BIG END / ROD BEARINGS, ACL RACE SERIES MAIN BEARINGS, ARP MIAN STUDS, Walbro GSS342 Fuel Pump, Siemens 870cc/min Injector, HALTECH E8 ECU

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts

Check this thread

http://www.4gtuner.c...D=__firstUnread__

doesnt work for me, comes up as some community message saying that it doesnt know where i want to go...

clone

clone

self employed bum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationTownsville
same...

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts

this is really annoying now. Went to all he wreckers in townsville and only have ce lancers. and they are smaller then the stock one i have in my gsr grrrrr... i hate this crap! why cant they just use the same ones!

dunno dude, but if i was you and caught out, i would be swapping coils if they are similar size. also i think they are available new from mitsi and certainly from proton. also, others sugest that the isc is a service item and should be replaced at the same time as the timing belt. ie, 100,000km or so..

dude, check also in sohc excels, dohc sonata. i pretty sure they are the same.. (i have dohc sonata tb) be sure to let us know..

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
also try global auto spares. they might have one if not i'll see if a can source one locally and send it to you

yes it's me KHUBNER

clone

clone

self employed bum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationTownsville
cheers man ive got Evo-gsr atm looking at one for me also his just checking that all the coils have resistance.

Okay also update you cannot use the coil from a ce series lancer with a cc motor body. The may fit but for some reason they dont work at all lol....

GSR 95T

GSR 95T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationSydney
There on ebay new !!

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
There is a magna one that fits and works. I have a magna tb on my gsr and it's stepper was dud it now has a gsr stepper in it from the gsr body

yes it's me KHUBNER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users