Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vehicle: Nissan Stagea (2001)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
Name: Nissan Stagea (2001)
Date Added: 21 October 2011 - 11:37 PM
Owner: jase
Short Description: None Provided

View Vehicle

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
So, the story so far.

Bought another Stagea, again instead of a Legnum. This time I really wanted something newer - it's the one car for my wife and I. Originally thought we'd come back to Australia and get something like a Commodore wagon - just wanted something that was easy to replace parts on and not an import. Started looking around and before I knew it I'd justified spending $45K on a VE Sportswagon. Irony is that despite being the newer shape, it's still as old as the latest model Legnum. We'd both liked the shape of the Volvo V70's (don't laugh, lol we saw a lot in Canada and as far as wagon styling goes they look great), but back here didn't want a FWD.

These only come as an auto - it's the first automatic that I've owned. I don't hate it, but it needs some work. It's great for morning driving when you just don't care, and it's probably the smartest auto I've driven, but nothing is as precise as a clutch and a gearbox. (Nothing in my price range anyway). There's a shift kit that a lot of the guys are raving about - it's only about $700 installed so I may head down that track.

Currently the only modifications are a Blitz FMIC, Koyo full alloy radiator, B&M Trans Cooler, phenolic runner spacer, BC Racing BR coilovers, and the wheels - Avant Garde M310's with Kuhmo Ecsta KU31's. I have a Blitz SBC iColor ready to go, just have no idea what vacuum hoses to plug it into. Pioneer deck and speakers - installed by previous owner.

We're a bit unsure of our future at the moment so I should probably stop spending money, but if we decide to stay in the country the immediate plan is:

• R33 GTST Brakes
  • Turbo Dump pipe (this will remove one cat)
  • 3" from the dump into a high flow cat, into the standard "cat back". It's actually a fair way down the exhaust by that stage, by which time the exhaust gas will have cooled, so it shouldn't be too restrictive. I want to keep the stock exhaust since I have a factory optioned sports muffler that allows me to choose between quiet and loud by the flick of a switch.
  • Transgo Shift Kit
  • Amp and sub - don't want to lose any of the space that I have up the back so it will need to be some sort of in-wheel install.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Nice Jase! Pics of muffler and how it works would be cool .

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
Check this out Baz. It's probably better than what a photo would show anyway.

Posted Image

The electronic motor hides up in the rear left 1/4 panel and it pulls a cable which opens/closes the second pipe leading into the muffler.

EvoMyk

EvoMyk

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Very nice! Does this shape come out with the option of RB26DETT or is it just the older shape?

TRQ-STR

TRQ-STR

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Nice!

[*]Transgo Shift Kit

Full of goodness!!
----|VR4 4G63 RS|MicroTech lt8s|TD0625g|Ported & Polished Head|HKS Front Mount|3" Exhaust|----
|Coilovers|Swaybars|VR-4 2pot Calipers|TP rears|Evo3 Master/Booster|Evo 3 front bar|Side Skirts|Rear Lip|

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA

Very nice! Does this shape come out with the option of RB26DETT or is it just the older shape?

Only the older shape. This has a VQ25DET. Much more economical than my old RB25DET but still has plenty of go.

trq-str, you ran a Transgo before?

TRQ-STR

TRQ-STR

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I mate of mine uses it on his S1. More positive feel with it, quite smooth also.

One other thing, he payed muuuch less than $700 for it, I’ll ask where he purchased form.
----|VR4 4G63 RS|MicroTech lt8s|TD0625g|Ported & Polished Head|HKS Front Mount|3" Exhaust|----
|Coilovers|Swaybars|VR-4 2pot Calipers|TP rears|Evo3 Master/Booster|Evo 3 front bar|Side Skirts|Rear Lip|

JayRome

JayRome

Blurring the line between 1st to 3rd Gen engines....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Check this out Baz. It's probably better than what a photo would show anyway.

Posted Image

The electronic motor hides up in the rear left 1/4 panel and it pulls a cable which opens/closes the second pipe leading into the muffler.

R34GTR has something like that on its exhaust as well.... Mitsu GTO and EVO 7-9 have something like them too.... works well, but still restricted...

i just installed a Transgo shift kit in a mates VT Twin Turbo... look on US ebay, hell of alot cheaper then buying in Aust... although installation is the most $$$$$

Chosen Weapons:
WideBody Galant GSR 4g63 N/A+T Hybrid 1st/3rd gen +AWD
Audi A3 slow POS

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA

R34GTR has something like that on its exhaust as well.... Mitsu GTO and EVO 7-9 have something like them too.... works well, but still restricted...

i just installed a Transgo shift kit in a mates VT Twin Turbo... look on US ebay, hell of alot cheaper then buying in Aust... although installation is the most $$$$$

Yeah restricted for sure, but I'd like to keep a bit of practicality.

I remember the GVR4.org guys talking about exhausts and how on newer cars the most important part really is the front end of the exhaust. By the time the exhaust gas makes it to the rear of the car, it's cooled significantly, so you don't need as much flow back there.

Happy for anyone to tell me I'm wrong though.

The Transgo kit is about $750 installed.

TRQ-STR

TRQ-STR

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
That sound more like it, My mate payed 250ish for the shift kit alone.

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
Yeah there's a guy selling the kits for $250, but will do a valve body exchange and supply the kit for $500. If you're in Sydney he'll supply and install it for $500! But being in SA I don't have that luxury, and I'm not sure that I want to take the job on myself.

Posted Image

Wing is on. :D

Jonson

Jonson

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Looks great mate, I'm a fan. I know it's a bit 90's but the tail lights seem to plain, maybe nightsahde em just a bit? A mate of mine has one of these, I look after it, they are so smooth on and off power.
Jon - Evo VII. Previous cars: Evo VI, Evo VIII, Legnum, E39a VR4, Cordia GSR's. Owner of Driven Motorsport - Adelaide.

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Geelong

I mate of mine uses it on his S1. More positive feel with it, quite smooth also.

One other thing, he payed muuuch less than $700 for it, I’ll ask where he purchased form.

bit off topic but.. Audi S1?

TRQ-STR

TRQ-STR

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

bit off topic but.. Audi S1?

S1 stagea mate

JayRome

JayRome

Blurring the line between 1st to 3rd Gen engines....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Yeah there's a guy selling the kits for $250, but will do a valve body exchange and supply the kit for $500. If you're in Sydney he'll supply and install it for $500! But being in SA I don't have that luxury, and I'm not sure that I want to take the job on myself.

its a bit of a head fudge...

Chosen Weapons:
WideBody Galant GSR 4g63 N/A+T Hybrid 1st/3rd gen +AWD
Audi A3 slow POS

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA

Looks great mate, I'm a fan. I know it's a bit 90's but the tail lights seem to plain, maybe nightsahde em just a bit? A mate of mine has one of these, I look after it, they are so smooth on and off power.

Originally I'd planned to do this like one of the other M35 guys, but to be honest I think I like the standard lights now..

Posted Image

its a bit of a head fudge...

Yeah that's what I've heard and read. Sounds like a good job for someone else!

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
New Grille is on, all nice and clean. :)

Posted Image

SIVART

SIVART

CE9A-0000001

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
looks much better at the front now

Im glad you have kept the wheels silver also

Jonson

Jonson

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Does your missus drive this? I think I saw her in it a couple of weeks back. Was commenting on how simple and nice it looked.
Jon - Evo VII. Previous cars: Evo VI, Evo VIII, Legnum, E39a VR4, Cordia GSR's. Owner of Driven Motorsport - Adelaide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users