Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evo 3 vs RVR radiator pipes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

QIK-247

QIK-247

Token Tassie

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationTasmania
Question time, my engine is just about finished and i got a nice new shiny radiator to go in.

Question is, i want to run silicon radiator pipes (rest of engine bay is tidy and neat, wouldnt mind getting rid of shitty black pipes.
I bought some silicon ones to suit evo 3 but im pretty sure they dont fit, is this because housings on the rvr motor are different?
If someone can get a photo of the two housings that come out of an evo 3 motor that would be ace :)
Cheers
Shaun
97 N23W HyperGear R
267awkw on 17psi

vuonguz

vuonguz

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Question time, my engine is just about finished and i got a nice new shiny radiator to go in.

Question is, i want to run silicon radiator pipes (rest of engine bay is tidy and neat, wouldnt mind getting rid of shitty black pipes.
I bought some silicon ones to suit evo 3 but im pretty sure they dont fit, is this because housings on the rvr motor are different?
If someone can get a photo of the two housings that come out of an evo 3 motor that would be ace :)
Cheers
Shaun

hey shaun why dont you use stainless steel flex radiator pipes

QIK-247

QIK-247

Token Tassie

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationTasmania

hey shaun why dont you use stainless steel flex radiator pipes

Cant, the larger sizes of braided hose are very stiff and wont coform the shapes our rvr pipes are :(
i'd just love some pics of the inlet and outlets on an evo 3 motor to see if they are different.
97 N23W HyperGear R
267awkw on 17psi

SIKWPN

SIKWPN

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
is that what your after?

if anything get some custom stainless steel pipes made up and clamp them with silicone hoses on each ends :D

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0639.jpg

Edited by SIKWPN, 20 October 2011 - 12:11 PM.

MICKENSTEIN ][][][
4gtune.jpg
braaap brap bbbrraaaap brrrap sSSssSSSsSsSSSsSsHHhHhHhHHHHhh TuTu Ut TuT uTut UTUt uTuTuT utU TuT utttuuUu 

Beastlee

Beastlee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBlackpool/Preston, UK
When we bought our HSGR the previous owner had replaced the upper hose due to the oil cooler blowing between the coolant and oil channels which had in turn damaged some other parts. There were only two other HSGRs in the UK at the time and the OEM pipe wasn't available. He had to resort ot aftermarket silcone units but nothing would be an exact match. He ended up using one from an 8th Gen Galant VR-4, although this still wasn't a perfect fit.

We finally replaced it with a stock unit and it was my intention to get a custom form made up. only problem was we fitted it before we got that made and with us having the only HSGR that we know of in Germany the buy-in obviously wasn't huge. if anyone has the opportunity to get some made we would be interested in a group buy to justify the costs of making the form.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
If you guys want custom upper and lower silicone hoses, I can organise a group buy. I just need samples....

QIK-247

QIK-247

Token Tassie

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationTasmania
it seems the bottomo outlet is exactly the same as the evo 3 but the top inlet on the motor is a different angle alltogether :(

Anyone have a top inlet to suit an evo 3? way its looking i will just get workshop to make stainless pipes with silicon end joiners.
Group by would be good but i need this sorted by next week to get car back on road.
97 N23W HyperGear R
267awkw on 17psi

SIKWPN

SIKWPN

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

If you guys want custom upper and lower silicone hoses, I can organise a group buy. I just need samples....

is that mean u can get the all the radiator hoses done baz? like heater hoses etc?

MICKENSTEIN ][][][
4gtune.jpg
braaap brap bbbrraaaap brrrap sSSssSSSsSsSSSsSsHHhHhHhHHHHhh TuTu Ut TuT uTut UTUt uTuTuT utU TuT utttuuUu 

rexhunta

rexhunta

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationAustralind, WA
Anyone find someone who stocks any of the radiator hoses ? I tried a couple of shops with the CH3856 and CH3866 combo and they all said they're hrd to get hold of, I need to change mine out before the next track day cause I don't think they'll go through another.

Thanks
Pete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users