Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jacks Transmissions Order - Resolved

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
[ADMINS PLEASE LEAVE THIS TOPIC IN AS I AM SHOWING BRYCE THE CONTENTS OF THE BOX I JUST OPENED]

Hi guys
Bryce and I placed an order with Jacks Transmissions in the US early July for a pair of GSR output pinions, a 58 GSR crownwheeel and 2 pairs of new bearings for the output pinions (4 bearings in total).
1) Jacks sent the box without tracking on 14th July and there was no way to trace its whereabouts after they posted it :angry: They couldnt even supply evidence that the package was even sent!
2) It sat in limbo until it arrived at my home today on 2nd September... some 7 weeks later!!! :angry:
3) I just opened the box and there were no new bearings in it at all - just used bearings still pressed onto the output pinions! :angry: I cant see $121.00 worth of new bearings in the box! :angry:
Please see photos for the $$$ we paid!

Bryce - Can you please get onto Jacks and demand new bearings via expedited shipping small parcel - tell them to smack Tyler i nthe back of the head for it too! :lol:

EDIT: Updated thread title to reflect the complaint as resolved.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2011-09-02 19.09.29 (Medium).jpg
  • 2011-09-02 19.09.48 (Medium).jpg
  • 2011-09-02 19.08.28 (Medium).jpg
  • 2011-09-02 19.10.45 (Medium).jpg
  • 2011-09-02 19.11.45 (Medium).jpg
  • 2011-09-02 19.12.11 (Medium).jpg

Edited by EVO-00X, 30 September 2011 - 07:52 AM.

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
They rarely reply to emails either. Ive sent them 3 emails for orders this year and they havent responded to any of them :lol:

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

shadow

shadow

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I must say, I'm very dissapointed with what has happened. There was a tracking number, but it stopped on the 17th July and never updated. Jacks made little to no effort to replying to my emails, I had to send multiples to get a response. When I finally got a reply it was that USPS were palming them and simply saying "its in transit". After hearing about the latest about the bearings, when I thought I was doing rob a favor by ordering parts for him aswell, I must say I'm very dissapointed in them!
I can't really see any way that they would be able to make this right.

Rob, I'm chasin them about the bearings as we speak.
93 GSR with Evo 2L
Forged motor 9.0:1 compression,264/272 Cam Combo,Adjustable Cam Gears,3" Exhaust,AVCR,FMIC,Custom T3/4 Turbo,Too Much To Mention
256kw atw.

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Ah awesome thanks mate. We've done nothing wrong and they should improve their communication channels and quality control by checking orders before shipping... especially international orders.
If they try to palm us off tell them to look at the weight of the package on the paperwork which states 12lbs 9oz.
When they weigh the same items they have in stock they'll see that the box weighed less than what it should have = Non supply of 4 x new bearings :rolleyes:

Edited by EVO-00X, 03 September 2011 - 01:33 PM.

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

shadow

shadow

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I think Jacks main problem is they're communication. When I initially emailed them regarding info about parts they replied in a timely fashion. It wasn't until the order was made, that they took their time to reply/didn't at all.
Now this could also be to do with junk email filter, but I made sure to reply to theirs rather than creating a new email to help avoid this.
USPS does seem to be the main culprit, however as Rob said, forgetting the bearings just topped it off. On a positive note, rob, got this email back once they opened:

Im sorry we must have over looked the second set of bearings. I will get
those shipped a different way other than USPS ASAP.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Tyler

Now, after reading that email, i've had to send another one to clarify that he understands BOTH sets are missing. Seems to me like he believes they only forget one! :(
93 GSR with Evo 2L
Forged motor 9.0:1 compression,264/272 Cam Combo,Adjustable Cam Gears,3" Exhaust,AVCR,FMIC,Custom T3/4 Turbo,Too Much To Mention
256kw atw.

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Cool. I'll let you know when they arrive, then I'll start on your gearbox :)

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

shadow

shadow

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
The issue atm isn't USPS, the parcel arrived, but they are continually not responding to emails, and when they did, i got a reply saying they were sorry and they'd send the bearing, then an email after that saying they set up the same package and weighed it which came out to the same weight as was on my parcel. I said the only way i can explain the weight matching, is that the OLD bearings were still pressed on. There were no new bearings supplied. Now they haven't replied telling me if the new bearings have been shipped, and this is after 4 emails.
93 GSR with Evo 2L
256kw atw.

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
These guys are dead-set retards!!! seriously... and thats me being quite tame about it.
Its been 2 weeks since Tyler at Jacks was notified of the problem (see 4th Sept post), where Tyler made us believe that he was sending out the new bearings to us... but now they do an about face and send us an email that is extremely difficult to swallow let alone that doesnt make sense at all??

How hard is it to comprehend?

We got:
1 x crownwheel
2 x output pinions
4 x USED bearings still pressed onto the output pinions.

of course its going to weigh the same as what they believe they sent:
1 x crownwheel
2 x output pinions
4 x NEW bearings

The weight they weighed at their end = the weight of the box on our end = no dispute. BUT... they gave us 4 x old bearings instead of 4 x new bearings!

Surely thats not too difficult to understand is it? :lol:

Have a read of this email from Jack below... then please share your thoughts knowing what has been advised above ^^^ :lol:

Hello, this is Jack, owner from Jacks Transmissions. I have reviewed your order and found the following:

1) The total weight of the box we shipped to you was 10.9lbs. We have a very accurate scale here, so I have personally repacked your same shipping order in a new box with used parts we have here, packing material, and everything in your order including the 4 bearings. The total weight came up to exactly 10.9lbs just like your box which we shipped to you. The bearing weight alone was 0.75lbs each, so the question I have is why was this package we shipped 10.9 and not 7.9lbs? I had to pack used parts to verify, but that will not change the weight.

2) All of our orders are run through a check list to be sure all parts are included before shipping. Tim, the person which shipped the order, also checked all of the parts in the order like he was supposed to.

We know that the bearings were definitely in the box when it left our facility. Plus, I checked our shelf for stock and we are out of stock for the same bearings and output shafts you ordered. Why the bearings are not in the box when they arrived at your location is an unknown. Maybe someone looked in the box at the border and didn’t repack them (not supposed to happen with USPS, but it’s a possibility). That would also explain why it took so terribly long for the package to get to you. Maybe the shipment was damaged and it was repacked in a different box, but missing the bearings. We do not know, but something happened between the trip from us to you. The best thing to do at this point is to make an insurance claim for the parts missing. That is what the insurance was for. We would be more than happy to help in any way we can with this, but the package was insured, so the missing parts need to be covered by them. I am ordering another set of bearings for stock here and once they show up we can ship them to you.

This is what needs to happen. USPS needs to pay for the missing parts plus shipping to you which would be:

Output Gear Bearing - Bottom $37.16 x 2 = $74.32
Output Gear Bearing - Top $23.52 x 2 = $47.04
Shipping Charges = $20.00
TOTAL $141.36

When they pay for the missing parts and shipping, we will ship them to you. It looks like a claim can be made up to 6 months after the package was shipped and online by the receiver.
We are very sorry that you have run into this problem, but unfortunately over-seas orders are difficult and time consuming, which is why most of our competitors do not ship over-seas. We want to help in any way we can, but from what I can see, we did nothing wrong and did everything as per the order. We believe something happened while the box was in transit to you through USPS as it took a very long time. What happened we will never know, but the bearings ended up missing as a result.

Thanks! -Jack

Edited by EVO-00X, 19 September 2011 - 01:31 PM.

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
I dont think that the shipping was the issue, freight companys are never reliable and never give out information to the reciever mainly cause anyone can intercept the tracking number and chase it up with details etc, ive learnt that from the past so i have to sit back wait till the goods get delivered

I think the reason he was annoyed was more to that fact he has 2nd hand bearings on the shaft and no new bearings in the box, when he ordered new bearings.. then when he tried contacting the company he was told that there was new bearings in the box and made him feel like he was lieing about it (oops just read what you said above)

Anyone would crack the shits if that happened

Dont think their would have been an issue if there was more communication and understandment on what the actual problem was

I buy alot of parts from US that gets shipped though USPS, sometimes it takes a week and other times 6 weeks, but what can you do? nothing

Edited by EVOCPE, 21 September 2011 - 01:05 AM.

------------ 4GTUNER STICKERS - CLICK HERE ------------

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png
------------------------- 4G63T AWD COUPE -------------------------
----------------------- WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET -----------------------

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

I was unaware that he actually had used bearings with his shafts. That would make a difference in the weight I had in my test shipment here and it would come up to 12.2lbs total with the extra used bearings on the shaft.

So did the box weigh 10.9lbs or 12.2lbs??

To my understandment his box should weigh 12.2lbs if he had new bearings in it with the old bearings on the shafts

But in 1 of the emails you sent him it says the box you sent out was 10.9lbs??
------------ 4GTUNER STICKERS - CLICK HERE ------------

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png
------------------------- 4G63T AWD COUPE -------------------------
----------------------- WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET -----------------------

JackM

JackM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationColorado USA

My previous statement now looks more logical as you said your employee screwed up by not removing bearings like he was supposed to. Maybe employee did screw up and the checker thought order was complete. It wouldn't be the first time an employee screwed up and lied to cover a mistake "oh no. I definatly put the new ones in there aswell"

Agreed, and I did some serious ass chewing with them to figure out what happened. The employee which packed the parts had the parts checked off in the shipping list, plus we have 4 new sets of bearings missing from inventory.

With all that we found 1) weight not adding up if 4 bearings are in fact missing, 2) new bearing inventory shows 4 bearings gone, and 3) USPS taking forever to get the package to him suggests to me that someone was looking through that box at customs and was nice enough to not put all parts back in.

I don't know of any other explanation. Due to this, I'm just sending him new parts again and eating the loss.

All of the employees here are very honest and straight forward with me. They wouldn't lie to me about the bearings. Plus, the weight just doesn't make sense through USPS for 4 missing bearings. If their scale is accurate, those bearings were in there.

Edited by JackM, 21 September 2011 - 02:04 AM.

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Hi Jack
Thanks for taking the time to join the forum to express your views above. If you could invest just as much time and dedication into being proactive instead of reactive when dealing with your customers it would go a long way toward cementing a better relationship with your clients. What has been written in this thread is written by frustrated customers giving accounts of their experiences when dealing with your company. Please consider, that if a problem did not exist in the first place, then a complaint would not exist.
The fact of the matter is that customers have been inconvenienced by what appears to be poor communication, poor delivery timeframes and poor customer service on the part of your company. Whether this has ocurred directly or indirectly as a result of your staff and/or shipping methods is very relevent, so too is your after sales support and handling of complaints.
At the end of the day management should be concerned that a customer had not received their order until 7 weeks after dispatch. This should have triggered some alarm bells to investigate your shipping regime.
When the customer finally received their order they immediately took photographs of the contents of the package and presented to you with a complaint. The customer was then advised by one of your staff members that new bearings would be shipped out to them immediately.
Another 2 weeks go by and the customer still has not received the new bearings that were promised to them. In fact you personally sent an email explaining that the contents were fully packaged when they left your premises and provided weight calculations of the package. You also provided a fairly difficult story to swallow as to the what happened to the bearings that were allegedly included in the contents.
Let me assure you, that the package that arrived showed no evidence of tampering or re-packing. In fact even the documentation didnt look like it was rehandled in any way. It is a rather far-fetched presumption that somebody opened the package, removed the bearings only, and repacked the package in a stealth and ninja-like manner. It simply does not make sense.
It has now been 9 weeks since the original order was placed by the customer, therefore its good to see that you are going to supply the new bearings to make right of the situation and revisit your shipping methods as part of your improvement process.
Rob.

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
FYI...

Jack has since contacted Bryce today about remedying the situation regarding our missing parts.
Albeit they are out of stock and have to order them in from Japan, thus delivery is still yet another 1-4 weeks away.
Jack did offer to provide a refund too, however, I feel that as a matter of principle, we should obtain the parts as originally ordered and see this transaction through to the end - then update this thread.

On a brighter note, I placed a $960 order with TMZ Performance in Milwaukee US today.
I've dealt with Tim a few times before for other gearbox components and never had a problem with the registered and insured shipments being delivered within 2 weeks through USPS :)
I hope to continue to deal with Tim whilst the AU$ is still very competitive against the US$

I also got in 2 new full sets of bearings through Chaser for a couple of rebuilds. Therefore I'm going to take a couple of bearings out of that order to get a head start on Bryces gearbox, so that he doesnt have to wait for the outstanding Jacks Transmissions shipment to come in.

I guess its back to business as usual on the forum til Jack makes good on the order.

I think we've all figured out by now that BMGTZ and Jamo-GSR take no prisoners when it comes to batting for the rights of the consumer/other members. Thanks guys... I think?? :lol:

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

shadow

shadow

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Wow....

My apologies for not keeping an eye on this thread, as I'm currently overseas with limited access to the internet (which is slow and painful at loading webpages).
I feel its my responsibility to step in and clean this thread up.
I have been in contact with Jack (who has been replying in a very timely matter) resolving this issue. It did take us a while, and I believe if I had the ability to call him, we may have sorted this issue out a little sooner, although there is also the possibility both of us would get angry.

RUNUTS, I strongly agree with what you have said.
I was dissapointed to see the comments regarding his workers pinching the parts. I'm not one too hold a big grudge, but yes a was very angry about being flogged off when trying to explain the situation. I then requested to speak to Jack himself, who replied the next day.
After numerous emails back and forth, as you saw, he replied stating he would send the replacement parts. Now he still thought I was ripping him off at this point, and although I was getting what I wanted (and ordered) I didn't want to leave it there.

So, I sent him another email questioning the varying package weights that didn't make sensel, and reiterating that the old bearings were still pressed on and no NEW bearings were in the package. To make it even more confusing, now that he understood all that, repackaged a replica and weighed it, the weight still didn't match that of my box.

For the record. I do not blame Jacks Transmissions for the whole postage issue. That sorta thing can happen.

Jack and I have resolved the issue and he has gone out of his way (in my eyes) to set things right.
He is now shipping new parts aswell aswell as refunding the entire purchase. I have explained to him I don't wish to be reimbursed financially and only require the parts I originally ordered.
Jack has already sent the financial reimbursement as 'a gift' but I will be sending half back.

Jacks Email:

The confusion in the weights were due to the bearings which were not removed from the shafts. The weight which I got was not correct at first as I was not aware the original bearings were still on the shafts. Once I corrected that, I was able to get a total weight of 12lbs 2oz. This still weighed less than what USPS says it weighed, which if I remember correctly, was 12lbs 9oz. On top of that, we made the mistake of not removing the bearings from the shafts and sent you used shafts.

At this point it no longer matters. We packed a complete new order with the following parts:

NEW pair of output shafts

NEW 2 sets of output shaft bearings

USED, but perfect condition, 58 tooth ring gear

The reason it took so long was due to the fact that USPS was worthless in any help at all with this order from the time it left our facility. They were also useless in explaining why it took so long and why the weight reflected a full package, yet you got one with missing parts. We also show 4 new bearings which are missing from stock.

One question you had online was if the person which packed the box took them. He is not only an employee, but has also been a good personal friend of mine for close to 20 years. He has worked very hard to make the company what it is today and doesn’t know how to rebuild a trans either, so he would have no use for taking them. Somehow, for no reasonable explanation we can find, the bearings appeared to have been in that box when it left here, but not when you got it. Due to this, we have been scratching our heads as to how that could be as it makes no sense at all.

On another note, due to the way the economy has affected people from all over the World, we thought you were trying to get a new set of parts at our expense for free. With all of the evidence showing a weight which would be consistent with a full package, we thought you were just another person trying to cheat us as errors in our system is very uncommon. From what we were eventually able to gather, we found that you are genuine and really were missing the bearings. We feel terrible that we assumed you were trying to cheat us when you were honest the whole time. We can’t apologize enough and feel that a full refund and a new shipment of parts is the least we can do.

Please accept the parts and refund as a gift from us as we feel we owe it to you for what you went through.

Due to this transaction, we are making major changes to our company:

No longer use USPS without written consent from the customer of its problems.

Complete new software to help with inventory and shipments (this is expensive, but after your issues using us, well worth it now).

A scolding of our email associates to assure everyone gets a timely and friendly response as their job now depends on it.

Again, please accept our parts and refund as a gift to you for your troubles. We don’t expect you to use us again after what you went through, but hope this will help in your opinion of us.

Thank-you

Jack

Mods, Can you please close this thread to prevent any further off topic remarks.
Also, I would appreciate it if the off topic comments were removed as well as the side remarks.
I think this would be more beneficial as an informative "complaint/resolution" thread.

Personally if i were to deal with them again, I would order something smaller/cheaper first.
Test the waters so to speak.
I believe Jack has taken my advice in improving his staff's email response times quite seriously and that his business will benefit greatly from this.
I wish him all the best in the future, and if someone days deal with him after reading this, I hope to see a new thread reflecting their improved customer service.

Bryce.
93 GSR with Evo 2L
256kw atw.

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Thanks for posting that Bryce.
Looks like Jack has listed some noteworthy steps in the right direction to improve 'before and after sales' service across the board.
Although tempers were high and things got a bit messy in this thread, the end result is that customers from around the world will benefit from these changes.
I'd still like to re-open this thread in future to provide an account of the resolution, when it occurs.

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
RESOLUTION COMPLETE

Hi all.
Just letting you know that I received our order from Jacks Transmissions today :)
The package was sent via Fedex on 22nd September (23rd in Aust) and we received it today on 30th September = 7 days!!
This is a very impressive delivery timeframe and completely contrasts the 7 weeks via USPS last order :D

In summary:
Parts arrived as per original order = 1 x crownwheel, 2 x output shaft pinions and 4 x (new) bearings = tick
Fedex Delivery timeframe 7 days = tick
Each part was individually packaged and protected well in bags and bubble wrap = tick
Each part is brand new and unused = tick
Receipt of purchased goods itemising descriptions and costs = tick
Sincere letter of apology from Tim O, Jacks Transmissions Business Manager for the mix up = tick

Guys, I cant fault Jack's resolution of our complaint and expediting the delivery of the replacement new parts. In fact Im over the moon that the parts arrived so quickly and so well packaged.
I would also like to express much respect to Tim, Business Manager of Jacks Transmissions for personally taking the time out to respond to our complaint in writing (see attached images).
I feel that his response is genuine and that we'd all like to learn from this experience and move on.
Finally, Tim has also offered to refund the amount of our purchase! However, Ive conversed my thoughts with Bryce and I believe that a refund is not necessary nor honorable for us to accept it.
Therefore we have honorably declined the refund as we are merely happy that we have received the goods as per original order and can get on with what's important right now = rebuilding our transmissions and driving our Mitsu's hard.

Well done Jacks Transmissons!! :)
You've revived my faith in your company and I shall consider ordering from you again in future.

Rob

Attached Thumbnails

• 2011-09-30 16.32.36 (Medium).jpg
  • 2011-09-30 16.34.32 (Medium).jpg
  • 2011-09-30 16.42.13 (Medium).jpg
  • 2011-09-30 16.46.55 (Medium).jpg
  • 2011-09-30 16.35.22 (Medium).jpg

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
Locked, glad it got sorted Rob.
Lots of hate in this thread hence the deletions. If and of you want to try to argue them with me go right ahead.

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users