Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1995 aus spec GSR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
I think you might have issues with the 235s being a bit wide for the guards and the wheels will be extremely close to the rear trailing arms on the inner edge of the wheels. I put Evo 8 enkies on mine in that width and had those issues so it might pay to check once you put them on. Maybe the offset might help a bit?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD

I think you might have issues with the 235s being a bit wide for the guards and the wheels will be extremely close to the rear trailing arms on the inner edge of the wheels. I put Evo 8 enkies on mine in that width and had those issues so it might pay to check once you put them on. Maybe the offset might help a bit?

Yea I did think it could be an issue, I have been considering flaring the tears a bit so they kinda match the evo fronts and I can roll the lips on the fronts too, so the guards don’t worry me, it’ll be the trailing arms and the coil overs I’ll have to contend with I think lol. Thanks for the heads up.

What offset are the enkies for reference? Do you have a pic with them on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Na no pic..weren't on there for long!
Cant remember the offset.

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

NFG

NFG

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Hey Ian, have you had a chance to test fit those 17x8's? I'm looking at similar sizes and it'd be a big help if I can get some info off you.

Edited by NFG, 04 March 2019 - 06:49 AM.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
Hi mate, yea fitted them with the 235/45 tyres and never would of been able to drive on them without serious guard work, inner and outer, I had 215/40 tyres fitted and the fronts are fine but the rears I had to pump the guards out a bit (they were previously rolled) and the bumper tabs will need addressing, I just took the bumper off and bent the metal tab away for now

• NFG likes this

NFG

NFG

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Hi mate, yea fitted them with the 235/45 tyres and never would of been able to drive on them without serious guard work, inner and outer, I had 215/40 tyres fitted and the fronts are fine but the rears I had to pump the guards out a bit (they were previously rolled) and the bumper tabs will need addressing, I just took the bumper off and bent the metal tab away for now

Thanks Ian. You're running evo front these days aren't you?

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
Yea, and I think gsr front guards would need to be at least rolled to fit these wheels, depending on your ride height I guess

I’ll get some photos for you

• NFG likes this

NFG

NFG

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Yea, and I think gsr front guards would need to be at least rolled to fit these wheels, depending on your ride height I guess

I’ll get some photos for you

Thanks. That'd be a big help.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Thanks. That'd be a big help.

It’s actually really hard to get good photos, but here are some anyway.

You can see the fronts are flush with the guard looking from the top, so they would poke out on gsr guards.

The rears probably would have fitted just with rolled inner lips and bent bumper tabs but I thought I’d rather pump them out a bit and give it some extra clearance.

2151b7d123dfe3c12f8055bbac9f4f83.jpgbfb97238a4b17dff69870ad12108570a.jpg6a8163a86bb25c011f7b91db00a300c3.jpg14b1a2240bc9488e46513785256432e9.jpg406946f90c17146f0e309f1f98c9ec30.jpg

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
Also just for shits and giggles, my race wheels/ tyres 16x8 (+15?) haha

380fa80b759ba24c7aff44015bd287a8.jpg55ced60819434eeb691ec35a241c6463.jpg

unhuman

unhuman

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

D Windows look sweet!

Front caster looks weird below? Or is it just the photo - the fronts look set back.

2151b7d123dfe3c12f8055bbac9f4f83.jpg

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

D Windows look sweet!

Front caster looks weird below? Or is it just the photo - the fronts look set back.

Yea it is different compared to the other side too, the guy that did the wheel alignment didn’t say anything about it and it drives fine lol. Thanks man :)

dave.hartnett2

dave.hartnett2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIE
Is it a project your doing mate

Sent from my 5099Y using Tapatalk

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place

Yea it is different compared to the other side too, the guy that did the wheel alignment didn’t say anything about it and it drives fine lol. Thanks man :)

Nah, that's something wrong. Your wheel alignment paperwork should give your wheelbase each side, so you can compare.
Yes they can tune the alignment so that it won't pull either way, but it will definately upset the car in cornering.
You might need to plumb Bob the car to see where the problem is.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Nah, that's something wrong. Your wheel alignment paperwork should give your wheelbase each side, so you can compare.
Yes they can tune the alignment so that it won't pull either way, but it will definately upset the car in cornering.
You might need to plumb Bob the car to see where the problem is.

5a5c41a7ce4c1f3591a73e6f21ace2c0.jpg

Here’s the data sheet, anything look odd to you? I don’t really know what I’m looking at.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
I replaced the front left lca after I had a car accident and it was bent, the drivers looks fine and the alignment guys said it was fine after the alignment because I did ask them if that was right and to be honest I can’t remember if it was always like that or not. 90% of that damage was on the left hand front.

It’s not a bent coilover because they are a new set installed after the accident, and the wheel sat back like it is now with the old coilovers too.

I can get an lca from the wrecker for 65, maybe I should do that and see if that fixes it, maybe it is twisted a little.

unhuman

unhuman

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Look at the caster line under front axle, drivers side is out of tolerance. Should be 2.2 degrees with + or - .3 tolerance, but its 1.48.

Maybe something got bent in the accident? But if it feels fine when driving I guess whatever.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
True, that’s way out from the other side, I think I’ll grab the lca and replace it and see how it looks

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Good pickup unhuman.
No Ian, plumb Bob the car. Make sure the LCA pickup points are in right spots, before you throw parts at it.
Get a plumb Bob, and drop points from suspension pickups and chassis points all under the car (I mark the floor with a square of masking tape and pencil X on the tape.
Try dropping from front and rear of rear trailing arm, front and rear of front LCA, and maybe front bolts on engine cradle, and the most interesting- a point nearest the wheels on the LCA..
Then transfer drop points onto a bit of paper, and measure between the points and transfer measurements too. Get straight and diagonals. Best with car sitting on its wheels, maybe put bricks under the wheels to get it a bit higher so you can fit under it.
Now, compare measurements and diagonals from one side to the other. Hopefully, that will show you the engine cradle is straight in the car, and the LCA pickups are square in the car, and that you need to get a new LCA only.

My wheel alignment figures show that both rear wheels are pointing a little left. Plumb Bob showed me that the rear axle is straight in the car, and that it's the stubs that must be bent!

Awesome that you kept the wheel alignment specs. I always keep them for reference. You should get a measurement of wheelbase left to right, but obviously the tech didn't bother with fitting those things.
Changing the LCA is going to put your toe-in out, but you can align it back by eye. Adjust steering so that you can look down left side of car and align front tyre with rear tyre.
Check right side and notice where rh tyre aligns. It should be pointing just inside edge of rear tyre. Change your bits to get your caster back to correct, then adjust rh tie rod to point that wheel back at its former spot. Roll car back and forth a bit and recheck/adjust.
Or, the wheel shop should do a cheap toe adjust for you, as they did the last alignment and you picked up what they didnt- that it needed parts.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Should actually point just outside rear tyre, put a block of wood on ground against rear tyre and mark where the tyre points.

If steering wheel is still in same spot when driving straight down road, you are pretty close..

Edited by jack be nimble, 13 April 2019 - 11:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users