Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1995 aus spec GSR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,278 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
I think you might have issues with the 235s being a bit wide for the guards and the wheels will be extremely close to the rear trailing arms on the inner edge of the wheels. I put Evo 8 enkies on mine in that width and had those issues so it might pay to check once you put them on. Maybe the offset might help a bit?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD

I think you might have issues with the 235s being a bit wide for the guards and the wheels will be extremely close to the rear trailing arms on the inner edge of the wheels. I put Evo 8 enkies on mine in that width and had those issues so it might pay to check once you put them on. Maybe the offset might help a bit?

Yea I did think it could be an issue, I have been considering flaring the tears a bit so they kinda match the evo fronts and I can roll the lips on the fronts too, so the guards don’t worry me, it’ll be the trailing arms and the coil overs I’ll have to contend with I think lol. Thanks for the heads up.

What offset are the enkies for reference? Do you have a pic with them on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,278 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Na no pic..weren't on there for long!
Cant remember the offset.

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

NFG

NFG

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Hey Ian, have you had a chance to test fit those 17x8's? I'm looking at similar sizes and it'd be a big help if I can get some info off you.

Edited by NFG, 04 March 2019 - 06:49 AM.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
Hi mate, yea fitted them with the 235/45 tyres and never would of been able to drive on them without serious guard work, inner and outer, I had 215/40 tyres fitted and the fronts are fine but the rears I had to pump the guards out a bit (they were previously rolled) and the bumper tabs will need addressing, I just took the bumper off and bent the metal tab away for now

• NFG likes this

NFG

NFG

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Hi mate, yea fitted them with the 235/45 tyres and never would of been able to drive on them without serious guard work, inner and outer, I had 215/40 tyres fitted and the fronts are fine but the rears I had to pump the guards out a bit (they were previously rolled) and the bumper tabs will need addressing, I just took the bumper off and bent the metal tab away for now

Thanks Ian. You're running evo front these days aren't you?

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
Yea, and I think gsr front guards would need to be at least rolled to fit these wheels, depending on your ride height I guess

I’ll get some photos for you

• NFG likes this

NFG

NFG

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Yea, and I think gsr front guards would need to be at least rolled to fit these wheels, depending on your ride height I guess

I’ll get some photos for you

Thanks. That'd be a big help.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Thanks. That'd be a big help.

It’s actually really hard to get good photos, but here are some anyway.

You can see the fronts are flush with the guard looking from the top, so they would poke out on gsr guards.

The rears probably would have fitted just with rolled inner lips and bent bumper tabs but I thought I’d rather pump them out a bit and give it some extra clearance.

2151b7d123dfe3c12f8055bbac9f4f83.jpgbfb97238a4b17dff69870ad12108570a.jpg6a8163a86bb25c011f7b91db00a300c3.jpg14b1a2240bc9488e46513785256432e9.jpg406946f90c17146f0e309f1f98c9ec30.jpg

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
Also just for shits and giggles, my race wheels/ tyres 16x8 (+15?) haha

380fa80b759ba24c7aff44015bd287a8.jpg55ced60819434eeb691ec35a241c6463.jpg

unhuman

unhuman

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

D Windows look sweet!

Front caster looks weird below? Or is it just the photo - the fronts look set back.

2151b7d123dfe3c12f8055bbac9f4f83.jpg

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

D Windows look sweet!

Front caster looks weird below? Or is it just the photo - the fronts look set back.

Yea it is different compared to the other side too, the guy that did the wheel alignment didn’t say anything about it and it drives fine lol. Thanks man :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users