Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1995 aus spec GSR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

nigel_a

nigel_a

YR2SLO

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, QLD
fair enough, was wondering if they were painted as the paint fades and they go very yellowy lol

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
I was looking for orange spray tint but couldn't find any, now that you say that I'm glad I couldn't find iy, I used a roll of tint like for tinting windows but its abut thicker andi stretched it over with a heat gun, therea a couple of bubbles I couldn't squeeze out but they turned out okay I thibk, cheers

Atters

Atters

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTownsville
Looks sweet mate, how did you go with the intercooler piping? did you get original or custom using the exsiting fittings into the turbo?

Atters

Atters

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTownsville
ALSO ... you dont still have that black spark plug cover by any chance as I've seen youve changed it? ;)

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
Thanks mate, its just standard EVO intercooler kit with a magna tb, I was asking the question about the over manifold pipe for when the forged engine is finally done and in :) and the plug cover I already sold sorry, I may another in my parts from the motor I pulled apart but it may have not come with one when I bought, ill have a dig around for ya!

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
Looks the goods mate

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Looks the goods mate

Cheers bud, I saw in your build thread that AM were gonna work on your beast, that still going down? I work just down the road ( and around the corner...) They did my work mates mark 2 chaser, would be good to see it one day if that's still your plan

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast

Cheers bud, I saw in your build thread that AM were gonna work on your beast, that still going down? I work just down the road ( and around the corner...) They did my work mates mark 2 chaser, would be good to see it one day if that's still your plan

Yep its still the plan at this stage. Miles happens to be my best mates older brother. I im just waiting for my bmw to sell before it can get there. Ive sat down with lucus and Miles and had a talk on what we are going to do, My brother has his Sti build by them and I know they are incredibly good with Subaru and Toyota. I was hopeing for it to bet there by around Christmas however we shall see how it all goes. :)

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
Sounds exciting :) hope all goes to plan man

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
haha yea most of it hasnt so far, would be good to get some good luck now and again. Im trying to finish it so it can do a few track days and a few cruises now and again. Im waiting till i finish uni before purchasing a 9 or and X and going crazy on it. Its more than enough fun for now .

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
Soon to be new wheels, 17x7 +40, these are the style I was chasing with the Rota grids, now I just have to buy them off my mate after Christmas :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
When they r all fitted up they should look pritty mean bloke

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
So I finally got the set, plan to paint them silver and stick on the volk te37 stickers in blue ( yea I know they aren't genuine, but no-one up here will tell lol)

Also got a holeless boot lid and have a new front bar to be painted, soon to be a clean car once that's done and the rest of the kit is fitted and painted too, then I can continue on with the performance hehe if I don't buy the house I put an offer in for :)

Posted Image

Thanks for looking

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
where you by any chance driving Eumundi to noosa rd last saturday arvo? and have a white commodore vs ute with a front mount hangout out the front behind you?

Edited by jake, 17 January 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
Haha yea that's the 2j vs isn't it from am ?

peasoup

peasoup

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

So I finally got the set, plan to paint them silver and stick on the volk te37 stickers in blue ( yea I know they aren't genuine, but no-one up here will tell lol)

Also got a holeless boot lid and have a new front bar to be painted, soon to be a clean car once that's done and the rest of the kit is fitted and painted too, then I can continue on with the performance hehe if I don't buy the house I put an offer in for :)

Thanks for looking

Hey!, I did the exact same thing, bought them new though and got them painted. Years later, they have worn really well, hardly a mark on them. Recommend doing that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
Hehe poormans volks ;) they came up really well

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast

Haha yea that's the 2j vs isn't it from am ?

Yea bloke it was us, I was like......Ive seen that car before haha

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
To whoever took the time to work out Evo 7 radiator hoses work on a gsr, much love :P

Posted Image

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
Hey everyone, bit of an update on my car, have had time to work on my on and off the last year since I have a work van :)

I've done several things and have a few more to go before it's ready to drive again.

I've fitted evo 3 skirts and pods
Bought an evo bonnet in fibre glass ( needs paint)
Fitted evo 8 recaros ( already had matching rears)
600x300 intercooler and 2.5" piping (custom made)
Refitted the oil cooler and filter relocation
Fitted aftermarket intake manifold ( mainly for looks) with a 3.5" throttle body and remote isc from a nissan mixed with mitsubishi bits
Works engineering fuel rail and reg
560cc injectors
Chipped ecu
Td05 with stainless mani and dump modified to fit with a 38mm external w/g
Alloy radiator and silicone hoses
Power steering cooler
Removed a/c for space ( I never used to use it, had no gas...)
Coil on plug setup, built with 300c coils I think they were
Radiator cooling panel
Strut brace
Have an LSD to go in too
Installed defi copies boost and a/f ratio
Have oil press and oil temp too

Probly other things I've forgot but that's the bulk of it.

Now for some pics

6972335F-2569-4607-BAA3-AA97A09C24C3_zps
84D2495C-A959-47F4-B523-54BCAFE26FC2_zps
0AAC227F-98D0-47F3-9EE8-2F95FDE038E5_zps
3BB40369-F25B-4A63-A7E1-D3B1C65A8135_zps
4E080289-B9C6-44A6-9D50-97CF4D33FB16_zps
63EB51F8-894F-4A46-A8F9-F69E82BCB056_zps
4CCE1CD6-B898-4B2A-B7B4-916F113DADF3_zps
778EEC0D-34AE-4B91-B372-AA98521C2358_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users