Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

jumbuck gsr ftw!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR
what have you done the rear end?? to lower it.. i ended up my alxe modified to use original leafs and the alxe just bolts the other way.. so on top.. if your interested you can have a look.. im home from this firday to the next friday :D

website_banner.jpg

AKA: 1JUM2NV

Daily: 2012 Isuzu D-Max 4x4
Weekender/Project: 04 Jumolution - Jumbuck Evolution 3 13.003 sec with 256hp FWD now AWD! Fully LIC'D under going heaps of changes!!
2nd Project: 1.8L AWD DRAG COUPE

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
i havent looked at the rear end yet. i know you spun leaves over, but i think that leaves bugger all room to the bump stops and i would like to retain the 500kg loading, and standard floor in tray. i considering 4 link rear, or scalloping frame rails to clear diff tube, air bags on rear.dont really know yet.
catch up with you next weekend then. cheers
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR
I didnt flip the leaf i just flipped the alxe.. but you loose the 500kgs with it.. it become very soft unless you run coilover.. which is what im looking into atm..

but yeah sounds good

website_banner.jpg

Weekender/Project: 04 Jumolution - Jumbuck Evolution 3 13.003 sec with 256hp FWD now AWD! Fully LIC'D under going heaps of changes!!

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
gasket set has arrived. just need some time to smash it together now
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

PROGSR

PROGSR

1.5L FWD,NO WAY HOSIAH!!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Nth
B) thumbs up, go the Jumby's !!!!
Jummn the roads

Proton Jumbuck 4g93t 4WD X-breed spec- my toy/parts shopping trolley http://www.4gtuner.c...ogsr-my-newbie/
MMC Lancer GSR srII - my stocker-sleeping beauty, to be revived someday... in a state of coma atm http://www.4gtuner.c...could-kill-gsr/
Suzuki Swift GTI MkI - my daily 750kg street reg'd go kart http://www.4gtuner.c...-a-tri-diamond/

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
stripped the head to find some bent valves (6), hopefully get head reassenbled and valves all lapped in tomorrow. gat some pics on mrs camera but cant get them off the card at the moment. but they look like bent valves.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
evodad dropped off a head the other week, so i will strip that for the couple of valves i need, and with the shops being open tomorrow i am planning to take k frame and gearbox cross member down to the powdercoaters for a touch of the gloss black. 1jum2nv has donated a gearbox to the cause, as i need the case and end cover, so will be looking at how to set gearbox preloads to ensure box longevity.
we had a quiet one at work the other day, so i drew up a pinout for the jumbuck. seems that if you wanted, you only need to run about 7/8 extra wires to convert to mitsubishi ecu. considering that my gsr engine loom has been cut with an oxy, this is good to remember as an option.
also i pulled the gsr ecu and found that it has been socketed and has a chip in it. dunno by who or anything about it

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
regards the socketed ecu. .....who owned the GSR ....I might know them

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
i dunno who owned it. i bought it of a bloke who bought it at auction probably 3 years ago. i dunno what rims were on it. it had a pretty big stereo in it with 2 amps and flashing neon tubes (i think they flashed to the beat). otherwise standard interior. i think i have mentioned the other mods with evo calipers and slotted rotors, king springs and koni adjustables. had a fat rear sway bar too. you can see on the first page pics the colour silver it is. the give away is the damage. it didnt hit a tree or leave the road as there is no bark or dirt in it. it got hit hard from about 2 oclock direction. i reckon it was a tbone in the front right guard.
you welcome to have a look if you want brian, i in kenwick. but it is down to a front cut plus a floor pan.

Edited by jack of all, 08 October 2011 - 12:59 PM.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
this is the chip in the socketed ecu. anyone seen this one before or know what the markings may mean? seems to say GSR, 51011, 055
SAM_0064.JPG
view down head showing two of the bent valves
SAM_0065.JPG
these are my bodgy tools for valve removal, nothing flash here, but works good for the last 6 or 7 heads ive had to do
SAM_0067.JPG

ended up having 8 bent valves, but all fixed and lapped in good now. i use kerosene to check the valves arent leaking, put the head on its side and fill port with kero. if it leaks you need to fix it. the reason is kero is 4 times thinner than water and a little leak will really show up.
pulled sump and unfortunately there were no forged rods in there, but just pulled 1 cap (no4) and plastigauge shows 1 thou gap. will check it again to be sure and need to check bore size as well. still indecisive about wether to get rods and rings for it, or just chuck it in as is.
will be needing a clutch plate as the old one shows some wear and the flywheel is a bit discolored, pressure plate says hdvr4 in paint pen, mayde see if we can get it beefed up a bit or at least tested to see if it is as good as the paint pen suggests.
back to work for a week or so. cheers

Edited by jack of all, 31 January 2011 - 03:01 AM.

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR
i should have told you.. ive got a tool at home for vavles.. makes it a breeze... haha.. bolt onto the head and you just screw it down.. but you can do 4 with out moving the metal that is bolted down

website_banner.jpg

TRQ-STR

TRQ-STR

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I think the sticker on the chip writes, GSR 510cc (injectors), 055 (afm).

Edited by trq-str, 31 January 2011 - 01:19 PM.

----|VR4 4G63 RS|MicroTech lt8s|TD0625g|Ported & Polished Head|HKS Front Mount|3" Exhaust|----
|Coilovers|Swaybars|VR-4 2pot Calipers|TP rears|Evo3 Master/Booster|Evo 3 front bar|Side Skirts|Rear Lip|

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts

I think the sticker on the chip writes, GSR 510cc (injectors), 055 (afm).

hmmm. i think my injectors are vr4 450cc (blue ones) anyway sounds good enough to get it started
thanks

TRQ-STR

TRQ-STR

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Lol, regardless of what size your injectors are, if the ecu is mapped to run on 510’s and an 055, then it should be used with 510’s and an 055 afm.

Im only looking out for you mate, running the blue tops with that ecu is risky and could cause engine failure. For this reason it might be a good idea to chuck her on a dyno and get a read out of those afr's.
----|VR4 4G63 RS|MicroTech lt8s|TD0625g|Ported & Polished Head|HKS Front Mount|3" Exhaust|----
|Coilovers|Swaybars|VR-4 2pot Calipers|TP rears|Evo3 Master/Booster|Evo 3 front bar|Side Skirts|Rear Lip|

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
rotor motion are about 400m from my place, i sure they will do a dyno run for me to check afrs. cheers

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
I agree with both of trq str's comments....
Those markings most definately indicate 510cc injectors and 055 airflow meter, are what that ecu is programmed to run with AND you are taking a risk by using something other than those.
After all the work your putting in, it's not worth the risk IMO....?
My 2c.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

MISGSR

MISGSR

I wanna go fast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationSudnee
Looks like it could be be a Meek'ed ECU like mine - either way you'll have a good piece of kit there worth good money, reco' ECU/ caps with socket and mapped chip = win! $385.00 to get all that done.

I'm not sure how it will run with only 450s in it. I wouldn't risk it. 510s a re pretty easy and cheap to come by.
Cheque it :) Chequered Flag Photography and more pics at www.facebook.com/ChequeredFlagPhotography
Members ride thread
4G93T TD05 14B organic clutch OLD suspension - needs moar pounds and 15" wheels
Posted Image

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts

Looks like it could be be a Meek'ed ECU like mine - either way you'll have a good piece of kit there worth good money, reco' ECU/ caps with socket and mapped chip = win! $385.00 to get all that done.

I'm not sure how it will run with only 450s in it. I wouldn't risk it. 510s a re pretty easy and cheap to come by.

do meek chips come with little round stickers and texta writing on them?

i will idle it down to the dyno and get them to check it out regards afrs. i mean it was going fine presumably until it crashed, for i dont know how long. noone had changed the injectors, so rather than buy what i not sure i need i will budget for them and buy them if i need them.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
looking back i see that what i got with my gsr hasnt been shared with you all. so when i got it the goodies included: full 3in stainless system, aftermarket dump pipe, big evo3 16g tdo5, socketed ecu and some chip or other, evo calipers, slotted rotors, blue top injectors, did have evo intercooler and 055 afm(removed before i got it) koni adjustables all round, king springs all round. thats about it really, i caliper had the hose ripped of it, so i think it may be stuffed from the rain getting in and 1 front koni is squashed (spring is ok)

so with 14lb boost maybe good for 160kw? or 160 wheel hp, does that sound right?
that suggests a 13.5 sec quarter?
id be happy with that

Edited by jack of all, 08 October 2011 - 01:02 PM.

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR
i donno if you'd get a 13.5.. i had 191kw's in my jummy with the evo best i got with semis was a 13.003 on 15psi

the problem is you cant launch them you cant accel. til you get into 2nd then even then you will break traction

Also i had 216hp's at the all 4 in my gsr with evo bolt ons.. turbo, injectors, comp and maf on 15psi (untune/unchipped)

Edited by 1JUM2NV, 05 February 2011 - 11:14 AM.

website_banner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users