Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

wiring up evo 3 features

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

cc gsr owner

cc gsr owner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Hey Guys im still struggling with this climate control issue im having no luck wiring it up myself and i cant find any wiring diagrams either to add to the dramas im not even sure my fan is working any way i tried adding power to the fan resistor and the fan itself and got no where so the big question is DOES ANYONE HAVE A COMPLETE INTERIOR WIRING LOOM FOR SALE ? PLEASE

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
I dont have a complete loom, but i do have a dash loom from a halfcut, its cut under the drivers seat only, also have the climate control headunit

I m running a loom off a halfcut also, i just threw plugs between them into my standard rear part of the interior loom
------------ 4GTUNER STICKERS - CLICK HERE ------------

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png
------------------------- 4G63T AWD COUPE -------------------------
----------------------- WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET -----------------------

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
hey anyone know which wire goes on which pin and which plug to the ecu harnessed I've got my climate control unit sitting here and when i DE-pinned it from the evo plugs i stupidly forgot to note which wire went in which pin. last thing i was to do is pin them up backwards and risk damaging the unit or even the plug DE-pinning again

im sure i could figure it out once i'm under there DE-pinning the coupes ac controls. but just in-case they have different colors for the wires can someone tell me which ones go to which pin

Edited by khubner1, 14 March 2012 - 01:34 PM.

yes it's me KHUBNER

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
ok i figured out the pinning for the two wires to mate them to my coupes loom however a few issue have arrisen

1 fan speed either full blast nothing at all or if i change do another plug that fits low at all time Inc off or high.
2 does not trigger compressor
3 not sure if i have interior sensor

anyone got picks of what plugs go where?

yes it's me KHUBNER

mototo

mototo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNSW
i'll try

1 fan speed either full blast nothing at all or if i change do another plug that fits low at all time Inc off or high.
(you need to replace the relay at the fan box and/or the power resistor that sits inside the evaporator. I recall a member had a similiar issue with his, and connecting the climate control power resistor fixed it. )
2 does not trigger compressor
(this was a green or green yellow wire that puts a +5v or +12v when you press the snowflake or a/c button. This wire then goes to the same trigger wire that goes into the manual a/c plug)
3 not sure if i have interior sensor
(interior sensor is at climate control unit. you need to hook the hose from the climate control unit up to air direction box. There is a hole on the air direction box that you need to punch out unless you swapped the air direction box with the servo's already. There is also a metal block that goes into the air direction box and if this was pulled out of an evo3, then there is a sunlight sensor as well that affects it. Not forgetting the sensor at the evaporator)

Sorry, been awhile since i last retrofitted mine. i did not remove any of my air boxes. Just screwed all the servo's to the existing air boxes.
Hope this helps

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
yeah i havn't got the airboxes that would normally go with it the fan resitor if looking at the boxes coming in from the passenger side does that sit on top of the second box?

yes it's me KHUBNER

mototo

mototo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNSW

yeah i havn't got the airboxes that would normally go with it the fan resitor if looking at the boxes coming in from the passenger side does that sit on top of the second box?

Nah. it is the one that sits inside the evaporator (second box) on the bottom left. Currently you would have one that has a mesh enclosure.
All of the current a/c wiring you have ontop of the evaporator will need to be disconnected. You will then connect the green (or green yellow) compressor trigger wire from the climate control unit to the same compressor trigger wire here.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
meh sound like im giving it to the auto sparky!

yes it's me KHUBNER

cc gsr owner

cc gsr owner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
hey guys me again well last week i finally got around to fitting an evo 3 loom into my gsr and i could use some help finishing it off on the old loom (leading to the back of the car) i have 3 wires left two small red ones and a small red with a green trace and i have lots left over on the evo loom(which i expected) as far as i can tell i have three things not working firstly my abs light wont turn off secondly the interior light wont turn on when the door is open(my alarm also wont go off when the door is open) and thirdly the light on the dashboard for the handbrake on light wont come on ive found three red wires the same size on the evo loom but connecting them doesnt seem to do anything if anyone can help that would be fantastic or if anyone can take a look at my car personally id be happy to pay

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Small red with green trace sounds like interior light. Touch it to an earth anywhere and see if it comes on. If all else fails trace the wire on your now removed GSR loom to see where they correspond to.
Did you get a complete Evo loom or a half cut jobbie and trying to mate it to your GSR loom?
AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

cc gsr owner

cc gsr owner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
half cut jobbie couldnt find a full loom dont know if i want to do it again though almost died this time from a peice of sheet metal meeting my wrist

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
yeah green with red trace if it's anything like the coupe is door light trigger. these cars yous a two wire trigger and close a circuit rather than earthing to the body

yes it's me KHUBNER

cc gsr owner

cc gsr owner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
i dont think i have a red with green trace on the evo loom to match the old loom any thoughts?

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
put power to the interior light fuse at the fuse box that'll give you one of the wires

yes it's me KHUBNER

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
heres the chasis electrical manual for the cc chasis.

http://122.148.77.13...rical 92-96.pdf

if anyone can descern any differences with the evo make it known from what i can see mitsubishi got lazy when it came to looms and used alot of the same stuff. any differences between coupe/sedan etc are noted in the manual

yes it's me KHUBNER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users