Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ARC intake vs Gruppe M

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

cheeseburger

cheeseburger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Need your help guys. My car atm is running with a stock airbox and i'm thinking of upgrading to a better one. I'm deciding between and ARC airbox and a Gruppe M. Has anyone had experiences between the two intakes?

I've heard that the ARC airbox is good on throttle response but i'm afraid it might be affected by heat soak. On the other hand, the gruppe M is just pure carbon goodness and since the pod is covered by all that carbon, no heat soak problem there. Does gruppe M have more performance gains than ARC airbox then??

My brother swapped to a gruppe M intake on his s15 from a stock airbox and his throttle response has decreased whilst gaining top end...

Help guys??

Liberoz

Liberoz

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationSydney
I fabricate my own air boxes for evo's 1-9 in either ally or stainless, I have run both and didnt notice any differences between the 2 at the track doing super sprints

Choose the one you like and budget affords at the end of the day its just to isolate hot air from directly entering a pod filter, and secondly to keep the PoPo off your back
John
CE9W RIBEROGT RANSAEBO II

RRF | 0Z Racing | RALLI/// ///ART | Sparco | MEEK | Elf | Fujitsubo | Marle Pistons
| HKS-RS Intake | Cusco | Apexi | PUMA | Dia Queen | GIII's | Hibrid III | MMC | GReedy TRUST | Camtech | RECARO| RSEII Spec | RALLIART Options inside | Walbro

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
groupe m looks sick IIMO. At the end of the day, as John said they're all wank factor because you can build a custom ally/ss one for 1/2 the price :lol:
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

mick4g

mick4g

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
My 7 has the ARC CAI on it, havent noticed any heat related issues yet. Havent tracked it yet either :P

PaulVII

PaulVII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationS.E. Melbourne
For the money you'll spend on GruppeM intake isn't worth the performance gain. On the other hand I have an ARC induction box in my E7 and I really don't feel much of a difference. However then again it is really up to the wank factor. I'd rather spend the money from the GruppeM for something like a turbo back system. Or new coilovers.

-Paul

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
sorry bud but the op is long gone, last post was nearly 2 years ago,

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Ha ha ha ^ mega thread revival :ph34r:
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Haha that was like my first post when i joined in 09, posted in a 07 thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users