Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

3zercrowd's ride! **Update 05 Aug 2014** (About time! LOL)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Vids or it didnt happen
------------ 4GTUNER STICKERS - CLICK HERE ------------

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png
------------------------- 4G63T AWD COUPE -------------------------
----------------------- WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET -----------------------

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Hahahaha

Your updates take longer than Robs build lol

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png

edrag

edrag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Locationtownsville qld

love it dane. u wanna sell ya kumo 17'' semis lol

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Mikey cant talk, his version of 'update' actually means procrastinating on something "up [the] date" :lol: .

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Whats with the old threads :P

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png

3zercrowd

3zercrowd

Donating Member

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • LocationTownsville

**Update time**!!!!

So its been too long between drinks for my updates! LOL

So ive had the forgie in since Jan 13 and its been up and down with the tune since late last year with minor and major problems with running rough and missing.

Ive had a few tunes and its settled it down briefly but hasnt really stopped it and it seems to have a mind of its own. I can be driving along and all of a sudden it splutters and runs rough and jumps around like its not getting enough fuel and engine cutting out. It only happens once or twice badly a few times a month or so but happens at any time and at any speed and any gear. Ive swapped out leads, plugs, coils and ignitor but its still random as. There is a nasty hesitation and or surge at 2-3000rpm and it doesnt like to cruise in that rev zone at all. I managed to drive it to the gold coast and back for work a couple of months ago and it happened in the 110km/h zone on the way down but not on the way back.

Anyway enough of the bad things.... i've been meaning to put the genuine Evo 3 front bumper on for ages but couldn't because the Evo 8 cooler stuck out way too much with how it was mounted with the stock mounting tangs. It stuck out about 2 inches from the radiator mount. Anyway I pulled off the FG bumper and the mounting piece and quickly found out that the LHS bolt was stripped and was not coming out whatsoever!!! #$%^! With some banging, swearing and wedging of screwdrivers to add pressure, a fully stipped bolt fell through the chassis! (phew).New cooler 1.JPG Evo 3 Bumper1.JPG New cooler 2.JPG

I dummied up the new cooler and placed some 90 deg angles on it to test routes and bumper rubbing spots. Quickly found out that the present pipework was going to make tighter then 90deg for the hoses, about 80 degrees or so. The cooler needed to come up higher and inwards on a slight angle to fit the top of the bumpers mesh and support bracketing. Cooler pipework 2.JPG Cooler pipework 3.JPG Pipe clearance 2.JPG

I ran out of time that weekend as I needed the car for work that week, so I ran with no intercooler for a week and had just piping from left to right. LOL No cooler for a week 1.JPG

I made up the mounting brackets top and bottom out of thick aluminium bar to allow a few mils of gap between the bottom radiator mounting bracket and cooler and the top of the cooling fans. I had to remount the LHS fan because it was fouling on the intercooler as it was upside down to its LHS twin, and to do that I had to pull the radiator out to cut off the ties holding the fan into the air con condensor, yet more work! While I was pulling the lower radiator hose out I noted that the shifter was cutting into the protector rubber around the hose quite badly! So I had to cut off about 2 1/2 IN of hose so it pulled forward a little to clear it.

Other problems included working out the cooler piping angles using what I had laying around including pipe and hoses considering it was the weekend and I couldnt buy anything. I ended up dummying it up then cutting the original piping to fit what I wanted and adding the spare hoses that I had here.Cooler pipework 5.JPG Cooler pipework 6.JPG

I also had to re-route the power steering cooler as it used to be on the LHS of the oil cooler and it was going to foul the cooler piping. To get around this I measured up and bent a piece of thick aluminium bar and mounted it behind the oil cooler neatly as you see in the pics. Remounting power steering cooler 1.JPG Remounting power steering cooler 3.JPG

The final results speak for themselves! I intend to have it welded up in the future to reduce the joiners needed.Finished 1.JPG Finished 2.JPG Finished 3.JPG Showing off at work.JPG

Lots of pics but what do you think?

:lol: QUOTE OF THE YEAR>>>

BTW... does anyone else have a sore ass??

Dane/Lancer GSR

12.315@109.75MPH!!!

STILL Needs more Kilowatts!

Members rides> http://4gtuner.com/s...read.php?t=1910

3zercrowd

3zercrowd

Donating Member

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • LocationTownsville

I do note that I ran out of time to fit the guards but it will happen one day, but I did clean and wash it though! :P

More pics:

Washed and clean 1.JPG Washed and clean 2.JPG Washed and clean 3.JPG Washed and clean 4.JPG Washed and clean 5.JPG Washed and clean 6.JPG Washed and clean 7.JPG

Dane/Lancer GSR

12.315@109.75MPH!!!

Hyper_Mike

Hyper_Mike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
This is awesome man!

clone

clone

self employed bum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationTownsville

might go for a cruise once I replace my blown starter...

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

No lip Dane?? Nice seats btw

Dave_GSR1.8

Dave_GSR1.8

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Love those wheels...

Just out of curiosity, do you get much attention from the chaps in blue ? I ask because I'd like to have the same look on my GSR but I have a horror of drawing attention to myself (too old for that sort of thing !!)

3zercrowd

3zercrowd

Donating Member

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • LocationTownsville

Dre, I have the lip but havn't put it on... I think it may be a car show or event only thing. Its gunna scape everywhere....

Sounds like a plan Jason.

Dave.. Thanks I love the wheels too! So rare in OZ...... ive never been pulled over whilst actually driving my GSR. Only attention was once when during an Evo cruise in Townsville where we met up with some V8 holden/ford and XR6T falcon guys who happened to arrive at the same destination. We watched a group of diesel work utes do burn outs 500m across the bay at the Townsville port enterance and 20 mins later the cops pulled up blocked the road in front of us..... We knew they were going to stop us but I really needed to get home for no.2's (lol) so said to the guys that I had to go and hopped in and that spurred on the rest of the Evo boys to get going...we started towards them and as I was slowly crawling towards them one said "you know your not going anywhere".

We stopped at them, turned off and got out and went up to them with our licences to show them that we were not going to be a problem to them, They checked our licences, and I said to them that they should of been there 30 mins ago as they would of caught the turbo diesel P platers doing burnouts down the road from the port and we were just going for a drive, talking and catching up and not doing anything wrong. Said that I REALLY needed to go home for said reasons and after the licence check and they took names they let us go without any further hold ups.... Apart from that my wife has been pulled over in my car for a breath test once but thats it!

I have a QLD mod plate for the brakes and seats, but am yet to change over from VIC to QLD rego lol!

Dane/Lancer GSR

12.315@109.75MPH!!!

GSRSOL

GSRSOL

Bird Nerd

• Administrators
  • 8,319 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Looks good Dane, get that lip on there!

Dan | Melbourne | 1994 CD5A / CE9A / E39A bastard child
special thanks to - TRIKFAB | Tropic Motors | Springy Motors

3zercrowd

3zercrowd

Donating Member

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • LocationTownsville
So due to popular demand and the fact that there is a car show approaching mid September, I decided to put my 4 day weekend to good use and get some work done around the house and on the car! I managed to get time to remove the Gsr guards and finally put the Evo guards on!
After snapping the bottom bolt off I thought that would just set the tone for the whole exercise! Anyway after drilling it out and re tapping the thread the rest of the left hand guard came off without too much bother! Getting the new Evo guard on however, was another issue..... Turns out that the side bolt hole nearest to where the bumper attaches to the Evo guard is set 30mm towards the front more, meaning that the mounting bracket needs to be bent 30mm frontwards to meet it!
Once that's done it's just a matter of slowly doing up the rest of the mounting bolts and aligning the guards to meet the door, and guard and bumper contours and then doing it all up tight.
THEN there was the drivers side guard that was damaged at the bottom and was a hard arse to line up, with all the mountings out of alignment! After some massaging it all finally went into place.

Pics: Before....

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Dane/Lancer GSR

12.315@109.75MPH!!!

3zercrowd

3zercrowd

Donating Member

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • LocationTownsville
After:

I love how the Evo guards flow with the bumper and the bulge out giving it the pumped look!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Dane/Lancer GSR

12.315@109.75MPH!!!

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Looks good man

What ive noticed was with the side brackets, the evo brackets are flipped around so the captive nut sits forward

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

EVO guards FTW - nice work Dane.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users