Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

who wants to upgrade their ecmlite{e123/gsr} to the full version

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
There has been some people on the forum interested in having the evo123/gsr version of the ecmlite upgraded to the full version. I have exchanged emails with Tom regarding this and we now need to see what interest there is.

would you rather buy a full version

here is your chance. post up your interest..

i want it and so does my brother ...

be aware there would most likely be a cost......that is where you need talk to Tom.

brian

Edited by BMGTZ, 12 August 2010 - 12:26 PM.

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

milkandoj

milkandoj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationPerth

There has been some people on the forum interested in having the evo123/gsr version of the ecmlite upgraded to the full version. I have exchanged emails with Tom regarding this and we now need to see what interest there is.

would you rather buy a full version

here is your chance. post up your interest..

i want it and so does my brother ...

be aware there would most likely be a cost......that is where you need talk to Tom.

brian

Wonder what the upgrade price is as on their website they only have listed the upgrade form v1 or 2.

Id love to try the full version to.

I have it for 1g though not evo 1-3 like you blokes.

How are you finding it Brian. I LOVE IT. Pretty awesome product.

Edited by milkandoj, 12 August 2010 - 01:43 PM.

99% home built for a life time warranty. Engine now needing repair under 'warranty'

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
YES BRIAN YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS i want to upgrade mine to v3full (evo 1-3 ECU).

Please keep me updated, very much so interested.

-alex
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

YES BRIAN YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS i want to upgrade mine to v3full (evo 1-3 ECU).

Please keep me updated, very much so interested.

-alex

yep I am having some good results with mine...

we need to raise some interest to make the upgrade a viable thing for Tom, so spread the word far and wide. the bigger the market the more likely there will be an upgrade.

Just to clarify to all........I have no financial gain from the company that makes and sells these.

BRIAN

mattrat

mattrat

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
yep fore sure, got ecm lite and would like a full

HYP04

HYP04

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationCentral Qld
SO would the full version be just matter of a download???
I only ordered at the start of the week....
Posted Image

HYP04

HYP04

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationCentral Qld
While theyre at it, ADD ROTATIONAL IDLE B)
Posted Image

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

While theyre at it, ADD ROTATIONAL IDLE B)

aahhh why?

BRIAN

THE411

THE411

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationTraralgon
i am also possibly looking at buying the full version, i currently have a stock computer version at the moment so mine will be the chip as well.

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD - USA
I thought I'd post up a little info. The differences between lite and full are listed here:

Product Comparison

We started supporting the EVO1-3 ECU back about a year ago with our first V3Lite release. I really liked the car and I wanted to offer something for that platform, but I wasn't sure how much interest there would be.

So we created this "lite" version that required less porting work and could get out there with less effort (less testing and less support issues). The idea was to see if interest grew and we could justify the effort required to port a full release over.

Honestly, though, there really hasn't been much interest. The guys that have it really seem to like it and are really interested in doing more with it. But it seems hard to get more people on board. I'm not sure why. Maybe we're not doing a good enough job of advertising the feature set. I don't think I've made any mention of it on any "EVO" board other than this one, for example. So maybe I need to get out there more and start spreading the word.

Regardless, it's hard to stop everything we're working on for a couple weeks and port the full release over on the EVO1-3s given the current interest level. I know it would make some existing customers happier, which is always a good thing, but I don't think it would encourage any new customers to come in. It's definitely on the table, though.

It might help if we knew which specific features of the full package that aren't available on the lite that you're most interested in. If it turns out that boost control is the main thing everyone wants, then we can consider adding just that. But if some want customized output controls (nitrous, water injection, etc.) and some want to run a GM MAF straight to the ECU and some want the higher resolution deadtime, etc., then we really have to consider a full port and that's a bit more to bite off.

Thomas Dorris
ECMTuning, Inc.

kenm55

kenm55

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSouth of the River, Perth Western Australia
Thanks for the reply Tom its a shame we cant get the full version. But what if we all posted here what we would like to see in future versions of ECM lite
I for one would like to see if its possible to get Boost Control ported to the Lite version, if we can contribute feedback to Tom the improvements can only make an already
great product more attractive to future buyers and as the numbers downunder increase perhaps further down the track we can revisit the the porting project.
EVO 1 GSR
GSR Lancer TD05 ECM lite

HYP04

HYP04

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationCentral Qld

I thought I'd post up a little info. The differences between lite and full are listed here:

Product Comparison

It might help if we knew which specific features of the full package that aren't available on the lite that you're most interested in. If it turns out that boost control is the main thing everyone wants, then we can consider adding just that. But if some want customized output controls (nitrous, water injection, etc.) and some want to run a GM MAF straight to the ECU and some want the higher resolution deadtime, etc., then we really have to consider a full port and that's a bit more to bite off.

Thomas Dorris
ECMTuning, Inc.

1/Switchable secondary maps
2/High resolution deadtime
3/Idle air simulation...Possibly, i see how my tuner go next week when we installt the "Lite"...Would possibly help with runing air/con and slow down shift stalls.
4/Hot start enrichment

And...Rotational Idle would be top right up the top if it was on the list.
Posted Image

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
i want:

boost control
switchable maps
idle air simulation

The rest is pretty useless IMO.
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

i want:

boost control
switchable maps
idle air simulation

The rest is pretty useless IMO.

well guys...we need to get this to happen we need to increase the presence of this system in the market.......then it should be viable to do these things

BRIAN

milkandoj

milkandoj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationPerth
With the switchable maps idea, you can already do it really. You just save a data log like normal, name it so you remember.

Then later if you want to go back to it you open the log, and in direct access you just save that map to ecu.

So you could save a map for 98, and a map when you have some other mix in there. They are saved with the logs, then you can switch them around.
99% home built for a life time warranty. Engine now needing repair under 'warranty'

EvoMayhem

EvoMayhem

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland
Resurrecting an older thread here, but as I'm also running V3Lite, I'm putting my name down for interest in a full V3 system.

Failing that, extended fuel and timing tables above 8,000rpm and 23/26psi, more like the 10,000rpm and 40psi resolutions in the full package.
Ian, Aberdeen.

Chuck Norris doesn't use condoms, as there's no such thing as protection from Chuck Norris.
Chuck Norris doesn't breathe, he holds air hostage.
Chuck Norris can win a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.

youda

youda

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationTownsville
+1 i need this for my GSR's
Dane and Daves dodgy deals and rare spares.
Oil lights are like oven alarms......they tell you when it's cooked
Green GSR.......sold VR4 AMG........sold Grey GSR still under the house.

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Thomas, any updates on ECM Full for evo1-3s?

I can live with light, only if I could get the ECM boost control function to work. that would be tops.
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD - USA

I can live with light, only if I could get the ECM boost control function to work. that would be tops.

We do plan to open up the normal boost control function in lite. We just haven't had time. I kid you not that the last 6 months have been our busiest ever. I keep thinking it's going to die down soon so we can focus on new development, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Thomas Dorris

milkandoj

milkandoj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationPerth

We do plan to open up the normal boost control function in lite. We just haven't had time. I kid you not that the last 6 months have been our busiest ever. I keep thinking it's going to die down soon so we can focus on new development, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Thomas Dorris

Well that good to hear as its such a bloody good product! Its the most fun Ive had with the car, seeing what the combo will do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users