Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OS Giken twin plate clutch EVO 1-3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

SIKWPN

SIKWPN

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
ok im gonna post it up cos barry ask me to otherwise i CBF!!!!!!!!

this is an OS GIKEN TWIN PLATE CLUTCH R2CD rated at 600hp to fit EVO 1-3

Pressure cover plate clamp load 10,700Nm

to fit this you WILL need an OS GIKEN sleeve bearing kit as the standard one wont fit.. dont bother trying the std one cos i have already.. and an extra rear backing plate..

everything eles just bolt on like any other clutch..

part number for just the replacement bearing for OS.G. is NSK TK40-1B2

and just incase you guys want the standard bearings too.. its NGK 48TKB3202 :lol:

enjoy :blink:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Edited by SIKWPN, 02 August 2010 - 10:17 AM.

MICKENSTEIN ][][][
4gtune.jpg
braaap brap bbbrraaaap brrrap sSSssSSSsSsSSSsSsHHhHhHhHHHHhh TuTu Ut TuT uTut UTUt uTuTuT utU TuT utttuuUu 

nigel_a

nigel_a

YR2SLO

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, QLD
would a clutch like that be suitable for street use?

SIKWPN

SIKWPN

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
why not ??
LOL!!

MICKENSTEIN ][][][
4gtune.jpg
braaap brap bbbrraaaap brrrap sSSssSSSsSsSSSsSsHHhHhHhHHHHhh TuTu Ut TuT uTut UTUt uTuTuT utU TuT utttuuUu 

SIKWPN

SIKWPN

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
i dont know where to post these fitting chart its for AN n NPT.. its a good to read off it when your buying braided line fitting :thumbsup:

Posted Image

MICKENSTEIN ][][][
4gtune.jpg

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Very nice!!

Much better than the TS2B clutch!

I like the single spline hub design.
Much better than the individual disc with splines.

More surface area on the shaft.

Thanks for that Mike!

Harley

Harley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA

Sorry for the epic thread revival, but I'm just about to purchase the TS2B OS Giken twinplate to suit 6-bolt motor. I'm assuming that I'll need that bearing (p/n NSK TK40-1B2), but what do you mean about the extra backing plate? (or does anyone have any idea?)

Just don't want any suprises upon assembly haha. It's going into a GSR gearbox which'll be bolted up to my 6-bolt motor.

SIKWPN

SIKWPN

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

try spend abit more and go for the R2CD twin, it be worth it, I drive this thing daily, never had an problem and still going strong bside gets kinda annoying in peak hour with stage 3 cams lol

the backing plate is where the gear box bell housing bolts onto the engine block, doing this helps the gear box space out alit bit saving the twin plate clutch hitting the bell housing

pretty sure u will need that thrust bearing too if u use any os giken twin plate

MICKENSTEIN ][][][
4gtune.jpg

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Sorry for the epic thread revival, but I'm just about to purchase the TS2B OS Giken twinplate to suit 6-bolt motor. I'm assuming that I'll need that bearing (p/n NSK TK40-1B2), but what do you mean about the extra backing plate? (or does anyone have any idea?)

Just don't want any suprises upon assembly haha. It's going into a GSR gearbox which'll be bolted up to my 6-bolt motor.

What are you paying for this clutch?  I purchased a Quartermaster twin-plate clutch and flywheel from TMZ in USA that was pretty much a drop in job, didn't need to change the slave or master cylinders either.  Would be worth considering too.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Harley

Harley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA

try spend abit more and go for the R2CD twin, it be worth it, I drive this thing daily, never had an problem and still going strong bside gets kinda annoying in peak hour with stage 3 cams lol

the backing plate is where the gear box bell housing bolts onto the engine block, doing this helps the gear box space out alit bit saving the twin plate clutch hitting the bell housing

pretty sure u will need that thrust bearing too if u use any os giken twin plate

Thanks for the info re: bearings and plate. Unfortunately OS Giken don't do an R2CD to suit a 6-bolt motor, otherwise I would have picked it!

What are you paying for this clutch?  I purchased a Quartermaster twin-plate clutch and flywheel from TMZ in USA that was pretty much a drop in job, didn't need to change the slave or master cylinders either.  Would be worth considering too.

I'm looking at around $1,500 to my door from Japland - I did do quite a bit of research for different clutch options, and ultimately went with the OS Giken; a few mates have run them in their cars and absolutely swear by them.

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA

Thanks for the info re: bearings and plate. Unfortunately OS Giken don't do an R2CD to suit a 6-bolt motor, otherwise I would have picked it!

I'm looking at around $1,500 to my door from Japland - I did do quite a bit of research for different clutch options, and ultimately went with the OS Giken; a few mates have run them in their cars and absolutely swear by them.

where are you buying at that price...best I could get was throught jesse streeter at 1640.00 for  the same thing

Edited by BMGTZ, 10 September 2015 - 03:12 AM.

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

Harley

Harley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
For the 6-bolt galant twin plate? The 1500 is an estimate - may well be around 1600 after air freight and 6 week wait :(

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA

mine was a seven bolt.

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users