Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Another GSR for me

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Jonson

Jonson

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
This is my lil GSR. I had a 3 door a while ago, stupidly sold it and was in the market for another daily. This lil sucker came up on Fleabay. Scored for $410 hahahaha.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
And the worst part of the car:
Posted Image

I'm suprised at how good it is, was expecting it to be shite.
So far from my 10min drive home it needs rear roll stop, dash cover, dash lights, lots of random stuff painted, some cut/bog/paint, clutch slave is leaking and wasn't optioned with A/C :roll:

Stuff I wasn't expecting but is happy it came with:
Front Type S somponents w/ nice custom pods
Rear Type S 2 ways
Sony deck
Front strut brace
Good tyres
Rear head rests
No roof rust
Momo knob
Extractors
Central locking
poorly fitted CC Grill
CC front flashers
Looks lowered, havent checked yet
New Radiator, leads, plugs, oil and filter, fuel filter and air filter
and really clean interior

What do ya's think? This will replace my Evo as my daily, so I'll make it nice and reliable. I'm starting to look for a 63N/A to put in for a bit more torque and power for hills run to Murray Bridge every Friday. I've got some 15x7's that I'll get some good tyres for and will look into the twin pot front upgrade
Jon - Evo VII. Previous cars: Evo VI, Evo VIII, Legnum, E39a VR4, Cordia GSR's. Owner of Driven Motorsport - Adelaide.

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
Nice one dude, that is a freaking steal!

Jonson

Jonson

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
The way I saw it, if it was cactus, as long as I could sell the engine, front bar and interior I couldnt lose money. But it is seriously suprisingly good. Bit of a tidy up, general maintenance and it will be a good daily.

Now I can't get the idea of stroking a N/A 63, with cams, intake and exhaust. Would kinda defeat the purpose of buying it though.
Jon - Evo VII. Previous cars: Evo VI, Evo VIII, Legnum, E39a VR4, Cordia GSR's. Owner of Driven Motorsport - Adelaide.

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC
Ebay??

That's a sweet deal!!!

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
sweet deal, although that rust is abit of a problem! cant expect anything better for that price though
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

SIVART

SIVART

CE9A-0000001

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
awsome pick up , the bumper bar is worth that much

if your keen for some mint cyborg front indercators send a pm with a offer

Jonson

Jonson

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Lol, don't start me on this shit already Travis. I want to keep it a cheapish daily. If I start modding it I'll never hear the end of it. I've never bogged a car before, don't like the stuff, but it's not worth having professionally repaired. Will give it a crack.

SIVART

SIVART

CE9A-0000001

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
it wont take long , but I do like a fixer upper

Jonson

Jonson

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Spent a couple f hours cutting out the VERY dodgy alarm install, found 8 Neons on the car lol in random places, needless to say they were binned. Fixed the igntion feed to starter terminal. Re-wired the stereo.

Will spend a bit of time checking underneath tomorrow and finishing the stereo.

Timmeh

Timmeh

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

I had a 3 door a while ago, stupidly sold it and was in the market for another daily.

i wouldnt worry too much about that car... its currently sitting in my shed like this and leaking oil from pretty much every seal on the engine... :blink:

Posted Image

PS please tell me this means your keeping the evo...
MrCyborg's little apprentice... well ok not so little!

mrcyborg

mrcyborg

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
sweet pick up for sure. so wish i had those front speaker pods! they look neat as.. the twin pot upgrade is a bit more invovled on the cb gsr to do it properly, much easier on other models.
1990 lancer gsr 2door(mirage cyborg) well modded 4g61t. for sale
1987 mirage cyborg 4door 4wd. decent mods, looks boring, goes hard. 4g63t e3 hypersport turbo, ecmlink, os giken twin, front center and rear mechanical lsd's launch machine!

Jonson

Jonson

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Nah, Evo is still for sale. You know you want it.
Did you find much stuff wrong with it?

mrcyborg

mrcyborg

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
poor car was leaking from everywhere!! should be much better in a day or two though.
1990 lancer gsr 2door(mirage cyborg) well modded 4g61t. for sale
1987 mirage cyborg 4door 4wd. decent mods, looks boring, goes hard. 4g63t e3 hypersport turbo, ecmlink, os giken twin, front center and rear mechanical lsd's launch machine!

Jonson

Jonson

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Ok, so it turns out the lil Lancer doesn't like 6k clutch drops. Smashed 2 springs out of the clutch plate. New clutch is in, got some 17's for it lol, lowered again.
I've also picked up a complete 2.4 4g64. Thinking about twincamming it and putting it in the lancer N/A. Anyone had experience with this?

boostboy76

boostboy76

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

If I start modding it I'll never hear the end of it...

..got some 17's for it lol, lowered again. I've also picked up a complete 2.4 4g64. Thinking about twincamming it and putting it in the lancer N/A. Anyone had experience with this?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EVO85

EVO85

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
^^ :lol: :lol:
- Evo enhanced Cordia (400 hp track weapon)

- Evo VI (weekend cruiser)

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I've ended up with this GSR!
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Interior isn't so clean anymore and those rust spots are coming through again.
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Geelong
Wow nsw to sa to vic its done some milage xD

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I've traced it back two previous owners from the lady I purchased it off - all three previous owners were based in SA, with the first saying the car was from Vic!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users