Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

VR4 Powered GSR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
The place where the car lives has just sold so moving it this weekend and took a pick of how it looks at the moment, engine bay all painted and loomback in, and rear is all in, gto/3000gt brakes are all in just waiting for 3 more lines to be make up before bleeding them, also purchesd a 6 point rollcage, which im getting a few more points added. the modia racing wheel I baught for it managed to sell to a friend so looking for a fat wheel with a good offset :) enjoy............

Posted Image
engine bay painted

Posted Image
front 5 stud and gto/3000gt calipers and braided lines

Qik-1.8

Qik-1.8

Formally known as 347-dis

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationNorth Brisbane
looking good bro

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast

looking good bro

Thanks man, yea we are moving it from Steve's place to another friends place this weekend cause they sold there house. Hope the rain keeps away otherwise it wont be to much fun

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
Spent the weekend finished off all the new in-car hard brake lines and installing the hydro handbrake setup, ordered a will-wood brake bias valve and incorporated it into the cylinder mount, all is test fitted now, except for 1 line from the master cylinder to the handbrake. The way I've set it up is so that this whole setup is hidden inside the center console away from prying eyes Still have to pull the handbrake mount out and tidy up the welds and coat of paint it, then bleed all the lines up.

Posted Image
handbrake 1

Posted Image
handbrake 2

Posted Image
handbrake 3

Posted Image
handbrake 4

Edited by jake, 12 December 2010 - 11:16 PM.

Qik-1.8

Qik-1.8

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationNorth Brisbane
wow jake going hard out with the gsr looking good

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
Well its been a while so thought it was time for another update. Finally got the car home to my place and started doing some more serious work to it. Motor was stripped and cleaned all belts and timing belts are currently being done. just waiting for they hydraulic timing belt tensioner, and a new timing cover. I ordered a custom JMF Fabrications intake manifold that still on the way from America and should be here soon.
Had a few problems with the pain in the engine bay so its being re stripped out again and redone as well as reworking the wiring loom for a tidier look when its all back together. The interior is also getting some love removing no essential panels, sound deadenings and carpets to make room for the rollcage. Hopefully more work will be happening soon however I'm back at uni again from today and a possible new dayly driver in the mix.

Posted Image
Engine as it sits

Posted Image
Interior Stripout

Posted Image
Messy car

GSRSOL

GSRSOL

Bird Nerd

• Administrators
  • 8,319 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
what are those wheels on the back in the last pic? they look mean
Dan | Melbourne | 1994 CD5A / CE9A / E39A bastard child
special thanks to - TRIKFAB | Tropic Motors | Springy Motors

Qik-1.8

Qik-1.8

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationNorth Brisbane
nice update bro are u gunna run a bigger throttle body, and whats the go with the inside???

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
the wheels are just borrowed off a friend to get the car rolling not to sure what brand they are sorry, but they are growing on me :) most probably a bigger throttle body, haven't sat down worked out what i want yet, I pulled the inside out to detack the alarm from the internal loom and dropped out the dash to get the loom to the computer out, and just a good old tidy up. stereo system, carpets sound deadening trims and door cards are coming out and fit the dummy fit the cage.

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
turned up in the mail today, JM Fabrications inake manifold from america

Posted Image

JM Fabrications Intake Manifold, custom exhust manifold & Tial external gate

evo_zro

evo_zro

Note to self-buy Petrol!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
ur gsr luks sik ass...wea dd u buy da bodykit 4rm

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
You are going to like that intake manifold! I'm guessing it's the race version?

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

htgsr

htgsr

HTGSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationSurfers
looks real good mate, do you have any pics of the brackets to fit the GTO callipers? Ive got a set of callipers sitting there but still need to make up brackets, would be good to see what yours look like to see what im in for :D

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
The Body Kit was from Carmate, to be honest, its not the best fit, my dads used be be a fiberglasser and we spent over 40hrs cutting and reglassing and making brackets to get it to fit as good as a genuine one. Bonnet is genuine evo ally item.

The JM Fabrications manifold was on order for 5 weeks and only just turned up friday, test fitted it up over the weekend and looks really good.

I think I have some piccys at home of the brackets, at home, the fronts were not to bad, just made some templates out of ply to get them all lined up and used washers as spacers. I then just took my templates to a fabricator and got him to fabricated what he had been given. I also at the same time did a 5 stud conversion at also did the rear GTO Brakes, The rears were a pain in the ass. and also had to change from a cable to a hydro handbrake with brake bias adjuster. You'll need some big positive offset wheels, Now the Brackets are all made i wouldn't mind getting them drawn up in cad and fabricated with a cnc machine for a more professional finish, or even upgrade to brembos, but this cars probably just going to be temporary till i can afford an evo 9

Qik-1.8

Qik-1.8

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationNorth Brisbane
Evo 9 bro sounds sweet. Why spend tthe money on the gsr if your buying a evo 9

boost_lover

boost_lover

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSydney
Thats what I was exactly thinking. If your keeping it, go to town...
EVL JOE Proton Satria 10.4@137mph
street tyred and still testing the limits of street tyres
EVL JOE Proton Satria 9.33@144mph
now with auto and still with street radials
Dad's car FTO AWD TURBO 12.05@112mph

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
The reason im still going on it is because its pritty close to being a full on track build =) the car as it sits donest owe me anything just doing it bit by bit and put a heap of effort into her to finish her off =) Saying that having a evo 9 would be nice in the not so near future =) However todays update was good, talke to my local gearbox mob about shipping up an evo 2 box with front and rear LDS and evo drive shafts, also 2morrow shold be ordering new timing covers, hydraulic timing belt tensioner and new intake manifold gasket, so will keep my busy for a while =)

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
Please tell me it isn't The Gearbox Shop!

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast

Please tell me it isn't The Gearbox Shop!

the gearbox place is Sun-state, The owner looks after me, I found evo box and front and rear LSD Diffs down in Melbourne and it would be easier getting it shipped to his work rather than a home address. The other parts are coming from meek :)

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
a few quick snaps after the weekend

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by jake, 20 March 2011 - 09:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users