Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

rvr hyp gearbox

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

warbo

warbo

4g63 breaker

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationDarwin
A bit of a double ended question here so this is why I havent put it in the WTB section. The 5sp gearbox in my hyper is shagged. Does anyone have a spare in good condition laying around that they would part with?? the model is w5m332umglvf7547. Also is this model box in any other vehicle such as a VR4?? or would rebuilding it be more economical. Synchros feel worn, and reverse gear jumps out under load. I am in Adeliade so choices are limited in this backwater. ha. cheers

Dan /// Astron Boy

Dan /// Astron Boy

Mine goes off-road

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus
If that is all that is wrong, I'd personally advise you to get it rebuilt.
You buy second hand you won't really know what you're getting.

my 2c

RIP: 1996 RVR SSG Auto.
Great memories on the road, and off.
From Diamonds to Stars.

warbo

warbo

4g63 breaker

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationDarwin
yeah my thoughts as well. and Im planning to keep the rvr not flog it off. any idea where rebuild kit can come from ex australia??:(

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC
I'd have a word with Chris from Meek r.e rebuild- the RVR 5spd's are kinda rare and finding a replacement might be a tricky and costly exercise.

What exactly went wrong? W5M33's are pretty durable...!

tborvr

tborvr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Queensland
A mate of mine did a rebuild on his useing vr4 gear sets and Synchros...was done through Meek and he was very happy with it

Name: Steve
Ride: 1996 RVR super Sports Gear. NOW with coilovers
I'm a P.T. that does crossfit. get over it.

rvr

rvr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
hey mate give steve knight a call 08 8384 2052, he should be able to sort it out for you, tell him "Mac" reffered you

warbo

warbo

4g63 breaker

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationDarwin
jumps out of reverse gear under load and becoming harder to change all gears. Almost have to force the gear change. :fuuuuu: awaiting mits aust for price on genuine parts.......keep my fingers crossed.

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC
What fluid are you using? Could your slave be on its way out? I had the same issues in my old RVR, especially when cold. Used OEM diaqueen fluid and worked wonders, then fitted a new slave from meek ($32) and some solid shifter bushed and it shifted like brand new....

warbo

warbo

4g63 breaker

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationDarwin
Slave cylinder has been rekitted. Gearbox has fresh fluid which made gear change 1 to 5 slightly easier for a short time. And yes cheers, skr is already onto it. if that fails. will follow everyone else and go to meek.

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

:fuuuuu: awaiting mits aust for price on genuine parts.......keep my fingers crossed.

:lol:
a hahahahahahahahha

don't bother mate! Ring MEEK and order a rebuild kit. You will be hard pressed to find a cheaper one anywhere!

For synchros you might want to try http://www.tmzperformance.com/ for competitive pricing. Or a gearbox place in NZ (can't remember the name). You can also ask MEEK for second hand synchros as an alternative.
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

Matt_

Matt_

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
Do yourself a favour, go a PPG Dogbox. :P