Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My 97 RVR HSG

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

rvr

rvr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
I have been meaning to do a build thread since i got the car (year and a bit ago) I ended up opting for this car as i already had an evo [race rally reg only] and wanted another but couldnt fit the dog in the back so thus the rvr comprimise.

.....So I bought the car ('97 RVR HSG Manual) in stock form [47,000kms on the clock], from Motorman Imports in qld. Got it over to SA, and I had a few wear and tear items attended too. Changed all the drive line oils,b fluid, coolant etc, installed a stereo (Jaycarhead unit, front and rear splits and sub etc), mounted a laptop on the dash (small asus) and an inverter behind the dash for the laptop and then bought a cable and evo scan.

Installed a 3' exhaust from the turbo back {Split front pipe}. I had a knock in the front suspension, so ended up putting kyb struts all round and resetting the spings (not by much) and a set of cusco front and rear strut braces [couldn't believe the difference this made to handling characteristics]. Then installed a walbro fuel pump and added more boost [18psi] and went to the dyno- just under 170 kw......Love these cars for how practical they are, and how fun they are. I've had 4 different set of wheels on the car and machined front discs twice with new pads once but now they are very close to undersize and are shuddering again after a run in the hills, so will be replacing them soon

Mods to come: Braded brake lines, Move sub from rear into side 'compartment', front camber kit, paint rear bar (currently has nimbus bar fitted due to some rear ending me ages ago) and DRIVE IT!

-More pics will be up on the weekend

thanks for reading

Attached Thumbnails

• RVR.jpg

Edited by CLuTZ, 01 June 2010 - 01:29 AM.

GSRSOL

GSRSOL

Bird Nerd

• Administrators
  • 8,319 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Nice RVR!
Dan | Melbourne | 1994 CD5A / CE9A / E39A bastard child
special thanks to - TRIKFAB | Tropic Motors | Springy Motors

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC
Hey! Welcome!

White RVR's are the best!! Got any pics of the laptop with EVO scan setup? Sounds good!

When you put the nimbus bumper on- what did you do about the bit of the bodykit that comes down on the stock bumper? I take it you took the spare wheel and boom off??

rvr

rvr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
I will have photos up on the week end, yeah took the boom off and the 15+kg reinforcement bar behind the bumper, i am geting the bumper plastic welded with the mudguards off the original bumper and getting it painted at the same time

tborvr

tborvr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Queensland
keen to see the laptop set up.

and welcome!

Name: Steve
Ride: 1996 RVR super Sports Gear. NOW with coilovers
I'm a P.T. that does crossfit. get over it.

rvr

rvr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
have been very slack re: more photos, rear bar is done now, took alot longer than i thought it would, wasn't the funnest job ever, the nimbus bumper is fairly different (bottom half) so didnt end up getting the moulded flaps back on, oh well....then got it painted, now the rvr looks good again.... more pics to come soon

Attached Thumbnails

• 03072010.jpg

Edited by rvr, 28 July 2010 - 05:13 AM.

Dan /// Astron Boy

Dan /// Astron Boy

Mine goes off-road

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus
That looks really good actually.

What is causing the gap along the side however?

RIP: 1996 RVR SSG Auto.
Great memories on the road, and off.
From Diamonds to Stars.

syco_rvr

syco_rvr

Lethal People Mover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
i must agree that rear bumper is looking good, ive removed the boom and bumper support managed to sched 45 kilos not including the weight of the spare wheel but not liking the hole left lol

and like many am keen to see this laptop setup :)
Current Rides
1996 RVR 4G63T 256HP on 12.5PSI Sleeper - best 13.06 @ 102mph - WRITTEN OFF :(
1990 Laurel RB20DET untuned fun/track car
1990 Galant VR4 - NEW TOY
1990 Cefiro Manual on 18s run around

rvr

rvr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
laptop setup

Attached Thumbnails

• rvr laptop setup.jpg

rvr

rvr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
with nimbus bar almost perfect (still slight gaps)
and another front shot

Attached Thumbnails

• rvr rear.jpg
  • rvr.jpg

Dan /// Astron Boy

Dan /// Astron Boy

Mine goes off-road

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus
Missed this update.