Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

4G Nats discussion

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

Liberoz

Liberoz

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationSydney

Lets stop looking back into the past- lets move on and start concentrating on the clubs future. :)

dre

So when will you guys start orgainising Club track days?? and fill a track with Gsr's & E1-3's thats what Is needed (in moving forward) imho and call it Australian GSR Nationals :thumbsup:
John
CE9W RIBEROGT RANSAEBO II

RRF | 0Z Racing | RALLI/// ///ART | Sparco | MEEK | Elf | Fujitsubo | Marle Pistons
| HKS-RS Intake | Cusco | Apexi | PUMA | Dia Queen | GIII's | Hibrid III | MMC | GReedy TRUST | Camtech | RECARO| RSEII Spec | RALLIART Options inside | Walbro

91LTI

91LTI

4G63T GSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
National E1-3 & GSR meet.
Hektik: Yes

Jonson

Jonson

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
And VR4's get left out again?
Jon - Evo VII. Previous cars: Evo VI, Evo VIII, Legnum, E39a VR4, Cordia GSR's. Owner of Driven Motorsport - Adelaide.

91LTI

91LTI

4G63T GSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
E1-3 + GSR + VR4 National Meet.

lol
Hektik: Yes

Jonson

Jonson

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
How about you just call it Early Evo Nationals or 4G Nats.
If it was in Vic, I would drive over for that!
Jon - Evo VII. Previous cars: Evo VI, Evo VIII, Legnum, E39a VR4, Cordia GSR's. Owner of Driven Motorsport - Adelaide.

S15ETA

S15ETA

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
yeh 4g nats.....and dont leave out newer evos to try and show that 4g is the better club and dont exclude any particuler 4gs....itll be good to see evo 6s rip vr4s assholes apart:w00t:

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA

Both of those names are full of win

Dean

Dean

• Moderators
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC
If we did do a track day, it will be a 4G event.
Open to all.
We'd love to get more later model Evo owners on here too, but in hindsight, there isn't many owners on here!
Thats the only reason that section doesnt get much publicity.
We hope to change this in future.
4G93T No More

Evomaniac

Evomaniac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPerth, NOR
4G FTW :P
Vaughan

Evo 7, Under modification.
58.86 'Barbs short (Nexen N6000)
57.66 'Barbs short (RE55s)

GVR40

GVR40

Passion Fingers

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
but it is funny and true...

the only issue with having a 4g nats is that the country is so big that it would be unfair on the members that aren't in the city/region that it is held in as people wouldn't drive 1000+kms to race their car for the weekend and then spend the next 2 weeks fixing it so they could drive it home, if they made it there in the first place.

Edited by GVR40, 05 January 2010 - 09:02 AM.

JSTYLE

JSTYLE

I AM THEEE DYNO QUEEN!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

but it is funny and true...

the only issue with having a 4g nats is that the country is so big that it would be unfair on the members that aren't in the city/region that it is held in as people wouldn't drive 1000+kms to race their car for the weekend and then spend the next 2 weeks fixing it so they could drive it home, if they made it there in the first place.

Here is awesome idea number #2 of the nite..

10 guys from QLD hire out a car carrier... might cost say $3k for the weekend.. so $300 each..

drive ur cars around like crazy maniacs without giving a fk and when it breaks put it on the car carrier and get pissed with everyone else who has broken cars :)

Jon
Name: Jon
Current Rides:
My06 Evolution IX 12.11 @ 113mph 252kw (street weight)
1997 Proton Satria GLi (daily)
Previous Rides
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer GSR 4G93T 200kw @ hubs 12.1 @ 115.5mph
1992 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 1 (CD9A) 225kw, 20g, stock ecu, hks 264s 12.050 @ 116.5mph OHH YERRR

Jonson

Jonson

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Just like other forums that organise track time, it is always up to the admin/mod/organiser team as to who is actually accepted.

GSRSOL

GSRSOL

Bird Nerd

• Administrators
  • 8,319 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
As above, taken from the 4GTuner discussion thread ....
Dan | Melbourne | 1994 CD5A / CE9A / E39A bastard child
special thanks to - TRIKFAB | Tropic Motors | Springy Motors

Jonson

Jonson

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
You read any supp regs and thye clearly state, acceptance to participate is at the discretion of the event organiser.
Let it be noted I'm NOT part of the Mod/Admin group, I'm just a member brainstorming ideas! Your so god damn touchy, you want this to fail so bad so you can throw it in everyones faces!
There's an old saying; "If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem."

JSTYLE

JSTYLE

I AM THEEE DYNO QUEEN!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

No worries mate,
hope to see you there in the tutu :)

50 CC GSR/EVOS and u will see it.. i might even shave my legs for u dean and pose over your bonnet if ur lucky...

Jon
Name: Jon
Current Rides:
My06 Evolution IX 12.11 @ 113mph 252kw (street weight)
1997 Proton Satria GLi (daily)
Previous Rides
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer GSR 4G93T 200kw @ hubs 12.1 @ 115.5mph
1992 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 1 (CD9A) 225kw, 20g, stock ecu, hks 264s 12.050 @ 116.5mph OHH YERRR

Liberoz

Liberoz

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationSydney

Ditto

if u guys could ever pull 50 GSR/EVO (CC) or VR4's on a race track at one time with Ralliart support i will personally prance around during the day in a pink tutu.
Jon

I’d even orgainise backing from Ralliart for that to happen + and a couple of dozen tomatoes creates for the public stoning of fruit.

50 maybe be pushing it but I don’t think its out of the question but I’m not a cynic either.
E'Nats has managed to pull their members closer because of it, and its evolved it into the event it is today Think positive:thumbsup: as for Ralliart they were not involved fully in the first
Enats, plus it doesn’t need them to be involved either to make it work, its time and commitment and hours of peoples time that makes it all work, the entrants pay for the costs to run the event through entry fee’s, for example WE ALL have to make it work!

E'Nats was organised in the state that had the most members to organise it, so it would have to be held in Vic no matter what... no use holding it in QLD when the largest portion
of members and moderators live in Victoria would be starting behind the 8 ball, plus would make it more central for more entrants from neighbouring states to participate in the event.

the only issue with having a 4GNationals is that the country is so big that it would be unfair on the members that aren't in the city/region that it is held in as people wouldn't drive 1000+kms to race their car for the weekend and then spend the next 2 weeks fixing it so they could drive it home, if they made it there in the first place.

Read what I’ve written above ............ logistically an event needs to be based where ever it will get the most support until the entrant numbers start to build people start to get more involved in helping out to make such the event a success.

Its a social event of racing together its no place for hero's and people that don’t have the mind set to prep their car wisely for the event don’t actually belong in the event in the first place!

The whole idea of a 4GNats event is all about driving to the event in your street car and driving your car back home, anyone will find that the longer you are away from home the more sensibility comes into your head as you know first and foremost that you need to be able to drive home from the event(sounds like you haven't done much track time at all by that comment):unsure:
Even with the level E'Nats has achieved that only a very small handful have broken their cars beyond the point where in couldn't be driven back home.

And other competitors that have had trailered their car there and could drive theirs home pooled together and helped and mate out get his car home. Its all about community sprit GET IT??? :)

Events like this should be about building the bond we all have but in person and through an event not on the board.

Sure be critical if you must......:thumbsdown: But leave the negativity at the door before you start typing:thumbsup: this place will be a lot better for it and will move forward because of it :)
John

RRF | 0Z Racing | RALLI/// ///ART | Sparco | MEEK | Elf | Fujitsubo | Marle Pistons
| HKS-RS Intake | Cusco | Apexi | PUMA | Dia Queen | GIII's | Hibrid III | MMC | GReedy TRUST | Camtech | RECARO| RSEII Spec | RALLIART Options inside | Walbro

S15ETA

S15ETA

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
they can fit more there cant they??? didnt the evo nats have 75 entry spaces???? id make it 75.....ay? :thumbsup:

Liberoz

Liberoz

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationSydney

they can fit more there cant they??? didnt the evo nats have 75 entry spaces???? id make it 75.....ay? :thumbsup:

60 when it was at Wakefield Park, Maybe Winton had 75 it has more room and facilties to support those numbers
John

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
Dear GOD NO! lol
Seriously though... what does need to be done to get the ball rolling on something like this? I have NO clue at all...
Obviously Vic would be the place to hold it as that is where most of the members are based but what about accomodation for out of staters etc.
When and where would it be held.
Who would be on the organizing committee?
These are all questions which need to be addressed.

Jon, you said before that you wanted to serve the forum somehow? Would you want to be part of this?

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

marinetowing

marinetowing

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationTas
Dont want to be negative guys but I think the amount of participation shown by this forum in both competitors and spectators at this years nats (which was held in the backyard of the majority of t4g members) is a fairly good indication to suggest that a 4g nats will never happen.

Edited by marinetowing, 05 January 2010 - 10:39 AM.

93 4G63 GSR LANCER
2010 Triton GLXR Turbo Diesel & ADM TME Tarmac rally car
Many thanks to my sponsors.... TASSAL, DOVER GOLF CLUB, IVAN@X3E MOTORSPORTS & PLASTIC FABRICATIONS/PRARIE GRAPHICS

If a dog's tail is still wagging, then how can that be rape?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users