Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EVO1-3 CPU issue

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD - USA
If you have followed our first announcement thread, you may have seen this post. The "teething issue" mentioned there actually has to do with the CPU used in Brian's (and his brother's) ECU. This page has details.

EVO1-3 CPU Issue

Amazingly, this was the FIRST time someone had used our flash module in an ECU with this particular CPU. Lucky for him. Sorry, Brian!

Anyway, the issue has been fixed now. But if you already have ECMLink in your EVO1-3 ECU, you should open it up and check the CPU for compatibility.

Thomas Dorris
ECMTuning, Inc.

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
"Amazingly, this was the FIRST time someone had used our flash module in an ECU with this particular CPU. Lucky for him. Sorry, Brian!"

no worries Tom. I must say that now these issue are resolved and i can access the ecu. I am even more impressed with this product.

The back up and communication extended to both myself and my brother was outstanding and rarely seen these days.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brian

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

kenm55

kenm55

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSouth of the River, Perth Western Australia
I would also like to to publicly thank Tom for his support and commend him for his service to his product could not be happier with the way my GSR is going at the moment great product :thumbsup:
anyone who wants to try it here in Perth pm me

milkandoj

milkandoj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationPerth
No really the right thread but there isnt a vr4 one....

When testing the vr4 package your developing have you also tested an md 165808 ecu as found in the monte carlo edition ect.
They are the last of the breed and the coding is meant to be slightly differnt.

That said i have a chip that works in the 808 and apprently works in the more normal vr4 ecu's.

08/90 - 03/92 Evolution Jspec Galant VR4 (Manual) E39A-02##### SNPF 240(176)@6000 rpm 304Nm @ 3500 rpm MD165808 5spd 3.909 TD05 16G 510cc Y 1350 kg VR4 Evoloution - GSR

08/90 - 03/92 Evolution Jspec Galant VR4 RS (Manual) E38A-02##### SNPF 240(176)@6000 rpm 304Nm @ 3500 rpm MD165808 5spd 3.909 (LSD) TD05 16G 510cc N 1310 kg VR4 Evolution RS - Also known as the EVO 0 or RS-E

08/90 - 03/92 Monte Carlo Galant VR4 (Manual) E39A-02##### SNPF 240(176)@6000 rpm 304Nm @ 3500 rpm MD165808 5spd 3.909 (LSD) TD05 16G 510cc Y 1410 kg Special Luxury Evolution model to celebrate success in the Rally of Monte Carlo

heres the complete list http://www.galantvr4...hp?f=46&t=10382

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR
i want one for my jumbuck onces it running.. but wont be for a month or two

website_banner.jpg

AKA: 1JUM2NV

Daily: 2012 Isuzu D-Max 4x4
Weekender/Project: 04 Jumolution - Jumbuck Evolution 3 13.003 sec with 256hp FWD now AWD! Fully LIC'D under going heaps of changes!!
2nd Project: 1.8L AWD DRAG COUPE

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD - USA

When testing the vr4 package your developing have you also tested an md 165808 ecu as found in the monte carlo edition ect.

I believe that ECU is nearly identical to our own 1G DSM (VR4) ECU. So, yes, it should work fine.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm some how missing update notifications from time to time. I just didn't realize there were any new posts.

Thomas Dorris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users