Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EVO00X - Evolved AWD Coupe

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
731 replies to this topic

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Matt's going to try and pass the test with the 280's still in it. We should know the answer by mid week :)

I drove the car for the first time around the industrial sheds on Saturday. The car sounded awesome. The Haltech idle control worked beautifully upon startup (which started up piss easy with the turn of the key) and idled around 1100-1200rpm. Once the car warmed up a bit and the idle control was backing off and the sweet sound of the 280 cams became more apparent.

I tell you what, when I started the coupe up I heard an alarm going 'beep beep' as a warning somewhere in the workshop. When I gave the coupe a rev to reverse it out it of the shed it actually set the alarm off on the car behind me lol :D The solid prothane engine mounts make the car vibrate when you rev it :cool: Much like sitting in a big V8 and revving it and have the car slightly wobble from side to side... I loved it! Engine sounded clean, crisp and ready to rumble... well almost. During the short test drive I slowed down to go over a speed hump and the car was edging forward with the cam lobes... it was farkin beautiful :cool: When I got back Matt looked at me and said something about an engine like that is not meant to be babied around lol :)

As you can tell I'm happy!!! lol... My first proper drive in 8 years and I love what its transformed into!! :)

Edited by EVO-00X, 15 May 2013 - 02:58 PM.

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

OFFON-4

OFFON-4

Nothing Under 35psi!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Awesome news, i cant wait until i feel the joy you experienced when you drove your car...

:)

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Im gonna throw the video of Rob up after 12 sometime, ive gone over my peak limit :(

Should see his face, grin from 1 ear to the other :D
------------ 4GTUNER STICKERS - CLICK HERE ------------

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png
------------------------- 4G63T AWD COUPE -------------------------
----------------------- WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET -----------------------

3zercrowd

3zercrowd

Donating Member

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • LocationTownsville

PS: Apologies to those guys who were keen on seeing the progress of the coupe as I felt that I had to get rid of some of the photos and info for reasons I cannot disclose at the moment. Thanks :)

I dont know why?

Its a private section of the forum.

Plus the Mods and Admin can read your deleted posts anyway:p

Anyway i suppose you have your resons and I hope it all goes well....
:lol: QUOTE OF THE YEAR>>>

BTW... does anyone else have a sore ass??

Dane/Lancer GSR

12.315@109.75MPH!!!

STILL Needs more Kilowatts!

Members rides> http://4gtuner.com/s...read.php?t=1910

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Here ya go

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=ucKizojWcRs

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png

Dean

Dean

• Moderators
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC
really happy for ya Rob!
been watching your buildup closely. I like the way you mod, and the attention to detail. Good work. :)
4G93T No More

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Thanks mate, its been a long journey with plenty of blood, sweat and tears (and $$) to get it to where it is now. That Youtube video http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ucKizojWcRs sounds mad through the home speakers (but crap through the monitor speakers here at work).

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Oh, and we also spied Matt with a new Platinum Series Haltech E11v3 on the testbench. Its the new line of Haltech ECU's yet to be released, silver in colour and a smaller unit. He said these can plug straight into existing E8/E11 ECU setups and run them as the pin and plug configuration has been kept the same as existing E8/E11's. I wonder what additional features the new ones have?

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

p3akin

p3akin

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
very nice, however that rota is fkn hottt
Current: 04 E46 M3 S/C
89 E30 325is

RIP: 94 J-Spec Lancer GSR - 149.1 kw
Winton Raceway: 1:41.8900

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
sounds great rob............congrats mate

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

been watching your buildup closely. I like the way you mod, and the attention to detail. Good work. :)

He gets it all from me hahahaha

We are both picky bast@rds when it comes to our cars

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
cough cough ^^^^^^ lol

The only attention Mik-e gives his car is painting things purple lol :P

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

Dean

Dean

• Moderators
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC
They say purple means Sex Deprived.... lol
4G93T No More

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
COUPE PASSES EPA/RTA IM240 EMISSIONS TEST IN SYDNEY THIS MORNING!!
Woohoooo!!!! :D
Cross another thing off the list biatches! The thing I dreaded the most has now been zapped as it passed the emissions test this morning with flying colours!
BUT, it almost didnt and gave Matt a bit of a scare. The RTA advise that you drive your car to the testing facility to get the operating temperature of your car up before the test. As the IM240 test goes for 240 seconds (4 minutes) they run a series of tests on the car throughout the rev range.
When the car was initially being tested it was on par, smack bang on the EPA requirement for one of the exhaust gas emission levels and things didnt look so good. But after a couple of minutes when the catalytic converter heated up and 02 sensor began to function normally the emissions levels dropped dramatically! N0x and THC levels were half of EPA levels and C02 was a quarter! The coupe passed with the 280 cams in it, external BOV, CAI and everything! Will get the paperwork when I go pick up the car on the weekend.
Matt at The Hitman and Haltech ECU's are the best!!! This is proof that for our model cars, which are based on the 1986-1997 vehicle emissions standards levels, if you have a good ECU and tuner you can pass the test and still have all your modifications 100% EPA and RTA legal :)

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

Liberoz

Liberoz

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationSydney
EPA emissions test is separate issue to mods on car passing RTA engineers cert ;)

Chris Meek has tuned a shed load of evo's with lots of mods and all have passed EPA first time, Great Matt has sorted your tune out for the EPA that is...next race tune ;)

Happy for you Rob, :D one step closer now to try and get that thing registered and on the road by Xmas I dare ya lol
John
CE9W RIBEROGT RANSAEBO II

RRF | 0Z Racing | RALLI/// ///ART | Sparco | MEEK | Elf | Fujitsubo | Marle Pistons
| HKS-RS Intake | Cusco | Apexi | PUMA | Dia Queen | GIII's | Hibrid III | MMC | GReedy TRUST | Camtech | RECARO| RSEII Spec | RALLIART Options inside | Walbro

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Thanks John. Unfortunatley it wont be rego'd before Xmas as I have a lot of $$ going out at the moment with Xmas, another car rego, fee for the work getting done at Hitman etc. Yeah, still in the middle of engineering at the moment as I have to chase up some info on ADR compliance for a couple of items. The AWD and engine conversion were given the OK during a hoist inspection on 29th November where the engineer was measuring things up, taking photos and asking lots of questions. I just need to chase up ADR compliance info for my brake lines and seats and then have a noise level test for the exhaust and custom airbox and pod done in January, followed by a brake test before he will approve it. The hard yards are done and approved (AWD and engine conversion + Emissions) so its just the small stuff left to go now :)

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

Dean

Dean

• Moderators
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC
awesome!
hows that custom front bar going?
4G93T No More

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Finished :P

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

steve

steve

fevolution!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSydney

Oh, and we also spied Matt with a new Platinum Series Haltech E11v3 on the testbench. Its the new line of Haltech ECU's yet to be released, silver in colour and a smaller unit. He said these can plug straight into existing E8/E11 ECU setups and run them as the pin and plug configuration has been kept the same as existing E8/E11's. I wonder what additional features the new ones have?

Shit loads - last time I was over at race solutions, I had a play around with the platinum software on Matt's laptop, and it's night and day compared to the current E8/E11 software. The platinum is going to be a good thing.

Congrats on getting through the IM240 :)

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Cheers Steve :) I'm picking the coupe up tomorrow so my Xmas present has arrived early this year. It will be fkn great to get it back home and drive it in and out of the garage without having to push it! lol

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users