Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

tech sport

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

iluszn

iluszn

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Victoria
what did you have done? How is it running?

trist

trist

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSt Andrews
i got the gearbox reco new heavy duty clutch rear main seal clutch fork and ball and left front ball joint

runs good except for all the other stuff that has to be done
current rides

black aus spec vr4
red 86 diesel pajero
2008 yamaha wr 250 r

go the 4 bangers

JSTYLE

JSTYLE

I AM THEEE DYNO QUEEN!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

i got the gearbox reco new heavy duty clutch rear main seal clutch fork and ball and left front ball joint

runs good except for all the other stuff that has to be done

The above should take 1-2 days.. rebuilding the gearbox however they outsource.. so that could of been the delay... most gearbox places i have spoken to can turn around a full rebuild in about 1 week tho.

Jon
Name: Jon
Current Rides:
My06 Evolution IX 12.11 @ 113mph 252kw (street weight)
1997 Proton Satria GLi (daily)
Previous Rides
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer GSR 4G93T 200kw @ hubs 12.1 @ 115.5mph
1992 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 1 (CD9A) 225kw, 20g, stock ecu, hks 264s 12.050 @ 116.5mph OHH YERRR

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I took my car to Andrew at CVAP and in one day we pulled out the gearbox, he dismantled and inspected it completely, had it back together and we re-installed it.

6 weeks is a massive long time for that kinda work. Did they sting you 6 weeks worth of labor?
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Advanced Jap

Advanced Jap

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I have no doubt he's a nice bloke when things are going OK - but wait until you go pick your car up and have to pay for some work that's been done only to get told that it's going to cost you more than you were quoted.

See what the attitude is like then when you question having to shell out extra $$$.

cant comment on that , we dont get work done there, we do all our stuff in house so i dont think i will ever find out lol !!

NASI

NASI

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • LocationVIC
i agree 100% with ENGINR i had the same thing happen to me and when i posted about it i got flamed down saying i must of had more work done then i posted and im not telling the full story

i have since stoped going to them and dont recomend them to anyone plus name somthing they do inhouse? they dont tune, they dont rebuild anything it seems all they do is bolt on's and everything else is out sourced

SIVART

SIVART

CE9A-0000001

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
they just sold a moonlight blue evo 2 with oz cronos for $16G it was only there for a couple of days

p0pe69

p0pe69

Evoke

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
I find techsport very good, they give you a honest answer. Their reputation proves it all, look at all the races they have won, shows they know more than the rest.

NASI

NASI

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • LocationVIC
what races have they won? other then last year dutton i think it was can you name another car they have built that has won a comp? or has big HP?

not having a go just a question :D

trist

trist

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSt Andrews

I took my car to Andrew at CVAP and in one day we pulled out the gearbox, he dismantled and inspected it completely, had it back together and we re-installed it.

6 weeks is a massive long time for that kinda work. Did they sting you 6 weeks worth of labor?

no thank god just parts
current rides

black aus spec vr4
red 86 diesel pajero
2008 yamaha wr 250 r

go the 4 bangers

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

they just sold a moonlight blue evo 2 with oz cronos for $16G it was only there for a couple of days

Isn't that Will's (EVOIIIGSR) old one that everybody has seen out and about but nobody knows who the owner is? That's been on the road for ages unless it's another moonlight blue E2 with white OZ chronos?

Edited by ENGINR, 02 September 2008 - 07:03 AM.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I find techsport very good, they give you a honest answer. Their reputation proves it all, look at all the races they have won, shows they know more than the rest.

How does their reputation for winning races prove that they are good to deal with from a business perspective and know alot of stuff? Maybe if you were paying them for advanced driving lessons perhaps?:D

If they stung you 3x more than they quoted you when you went to pick your car up would you just shrug your shoulders and say "Well, you win alot of races, so you must drive good, so you must be right - OK I'll pay that extra money that you want"??? :rolleyes:

I would hope not.

I just paid the extra money because I was sick of hanging around their workshop all day waiting for them to do a fuel pump swap that they told me would take 1-1.5 hrs and watch them waste a fair whack of my premium fuel in the process, then the attitude on top of it all when I questioned the end price being 3x more than quoted was the icing on the cake. I wanted to get the heck outta there before I said or did anything to make it worse.

Live and learn. I will not slag a business or person neither in public or private, but I will state my opinion based on my experience, to ensure that others do not get 'stiffed' the way I felt I was.

SIVART

SIVART

CE9A-0000001

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Isn't that Will's (EVOIIIGSR) old one that everybody has seen out and about but nobody knows who the owner is? That's been on the road for ages unless it's another moonlight blue E2 with white OZ chronos?

no it was atillaz one, he used to work for excedy, it was a one aus owner car which was bought for around $30,000 back in the day

NASI

NASI

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • LocationVIC
HAHA ENGINR, the fuel pump is what i got done to plus more but

I have not seen any car they have built or worked on other then there own finish anywhere in the top 3 of any race

MNTL

MNTL

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
as mentioned, everybody has a different story
and it think it comes down to how you are aswell
i have had nothing but great things to say about jeff, zac and troy
they guys have looked after me and my car(s)
i will definatley continue using Techsport

terbulent

terbulent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationCanberra

my gearbox has been with them for 5 months now.. and still waiting for them to replace bearings... i was told 2 weeks... and they dont even return phone calls

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

my gearbox has been with them for 5 months now.. and still waiting for them to replace bearings... i was told 2 weeks... and they dont even return phone calls

I'm fairly sure they outsource their gearbox work to someone else...

Why not hound them? I called them the other day and got through instantly.

Edited by CLuTZ, 05 May 2011 - 11:56 AM.

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
just bearings? or some other parts also?
dres right though, they do outsource the box work.

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

Clive

Clive

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHeathmont Victoria

I have no doubt he's a nice bloke when things are going OK - but wait until you go pick your car up and have to pay for some work that's been done only to get told that it's going to cost you more than you were quoted.

See what the attitude is like then when you question having to shell out extra $$$.

Been on both sides of the fence. Took 5 months to get an engine re-rebuild but when weighing everything up they are still one of the best around. I've seen another couple of EVO owners that have spent shitloads and got nothing but pain.
Jeff is like me tho' has a short memory, but maybe that's why we get along.
I do 80% of my own work now but still trust them with the rest.

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
i bought afew gearbox bits from Jeff. Nice bloke to deal with.

I don't pay shops to work on my car, it has [DIY] number plates for a reason! :lol:
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users