Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dear Members

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Entaran

Entaran

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts
  • LocationBallarat, Victoria
It has recently come to my attention, that a number of forums either attached to this club or otherwise are becoming incensed at their treatment or the use of their forums in relation to ours.

I would like to make it clear to all members that this club never has and never will be "In competition" with another car club. We have amalgamated the other Victorian based Mitsubishi club (Diamond Evolution) and are in no way competing with clubs such as:

Evolution OZ
Mitsubishi GSR-Evo Club
Club VR4
GSR Cyborg
Etc.

Infact, to those members who may be on any of these forums and actively promoting Team4G, I would appreciate it if you stopped. Team4g has grown through word of mouth and good participation of members, this is the way I would like to see it continue to grow.

Additionally, I would like to make it clear that any photographs taken are the property of the person who is holding the camera at the time. The ownership of the cars (or other contents) in the photograph are irrelevant as the photos are taken on public property. Should you wish to use a photograph from another site, please verify the photographer and seek permission. Also, should you wish to use photo's from Team4g on other forums (such as those taken by WRCVR4), please seek permission from the photographer. I will be in no way responsible for misuse of photographs across forums and I reserve the right to remove photographs where the photographer can show proof of ownership and a lack of granted permission.

In the new year, we will all sit down and determine the continued direction of the club.

Thankyou,
Lawrence (Entaran)
and the Administration team.
The 4G63 motor code is street shorthand for dominance. It's automotive Darwinism.

Team4G Founder - NO LONGER AN ADMIN/MOD

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC
Would that be me having 4gtuner.com in my location field?

I didnt think that would be an issue?

Sheesh, and my mrs tells me i'm insecure! I feel a whole lot better already :D:P

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

Would that be me having http:/4gtuner.com in my location field on GSR/EVO?

I didnt think that would be an issue? I'm a paid member of that club?

Sheesh, and my mrs tells me i'm insecure! I feel a whole lot better already :D:P

Where's the brotherly love!!!!

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC
And why cant you edit or delete posts in this section :?

sick of me talking yet?? :mrgreen:

Entaran

Entaran

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts
Actually Dre, your name didn't come up.

This post is a result of pictures, not advertising like that.
The 4G63 motor code is street shorthand for dominance. It's automotive Darwinism.

tharaka

tharaka

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Hopefully this doesn't start a shitstorm, but none of the photos I've seen on here have been anything to be concerned about people "stealing" them.

I don't really get it. I mean, unless you're making money off the images, and someone posting the images elsewhere means you lose money, why bother making a fuss over it?

Entaran

Entaran

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts
The fuss was images with cars of specific clubs being portrayed as images of different clubs.

IE: Club A organises a cruise and photos are taken.

Club B then utilises these photos as publicity or any other thing without acknowledging the source or getting permission.

Or alternatively, it's members of club B being ... less than agreeable.

Nothing more will be said.

Also, Tharaka,

If you believe none of the photo's are upto your personal standards, then by all means take some more on the cruise on Sunday and we'll see how much better yours are. Fighting words must be backed up. :D

GVR40

GVR40

Passion Fingers

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Additionally, I would like to make it clear that any photographs taken are the property of the person who is holding the camera at the time. The ownership of the cars (or other contents) in the photograph are irrelevant as the photos are taken on public property.

there is legal issues with this, if you intend to use the pictures of the cars on the internet or as promotional, or to claim them as your own, then you need to have the permission of the owner(s) of all the vehicles in the shot, and that needs to be put in writing to cover everyones arses, and that needs to be signed and dated by the owner(s) of the vehicles.

i don't know what the exact issue is with it, so don't ask, i just know that if you intend to use photos of property that is not yours and publish those photos (on the internet, in a book, in an art gallery, etc.) then you need the permission of the owner.

GVR40

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
I'd say moreso just the petty attitude is ridiculous..

I don't have a problem with someone taking a photo of my car and using it somewhere (unless they are profiteering from it)..

In this instance I just wanted to update a splash page.. did so using one of MY photos that I took at the Classic Adelaide this year.. The fact that MGEC cars were in it is irrelevant, they are Mitsubishis, and that was just a photo that I thought would be good.

Now I took the damn photo. Whats the problem with using my own photo? I WOULD have been more than happy to give MGEC my photos, but not any more.

Anyway long story short someone's lost my respect.

-end rant-

tharaka

tharaka

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Also, Tharaka,

If you believe none of the photo's are upto your personal standards, then by all means take some more on the cruise on Sunday and we'll see how much better yours are. Fighting words must be backed up. :D

haha, alright.

Will my av suffice for now? :D

Deevon

Deevon

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Also, Tharaka,

:roll:
1994 Lancer GL

GSRSOL

GSRSOL

Bird Nerd

• Administrators
  • 8,319 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
on this topic, and seeing as the splash page has again been updated, i may point out that the majority of cars in THAT photo are not from T4G either.....

i suggest we get snapping tomorrow on OUR cruise to get some TRUE T4G pics............ and then utilise those?
Dan | Melbourne | 1994 CD5A / CE9A / E39A bastard child
special thanks to - TRIKFAB | Tropic Motors | Springy Motors

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
FWIW, it's not hard to have a random image load.. so if it's too hard to get everyone's cars in a photo, decent artistic individual photos should suffice...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users