Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EVO ECU Pinout & Colour Chart - COMPLETED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

Great Posts! So do these pin swaps refer to Evo 8 ECU's only? Or will the same apply to Evo 7 etc?
Also in regards to the E8 ECU's, its the JDM8 ECU's that cannot be reflashed, is that right?

Yes, it refers to evo8 ecu only but as mentioned above, if you know difference in wiring from above ECU then it can be done even with use of evo5 ecu.
Another reason why they use evo8 ecus is that there is a lot better tuning options with them compared to evo5.
as for the JDM8 ecu, they can be reflashed but because they have 3 plug setup evo1-3 plugs don't plug in.
4 plugs ecu is used because evo1-3 harness is three plug that can plug straight into it and 4th plug slot wiring(pins) are not needed for evo1-3.

Edited by vr401, 25 April 2010 - 12:10 AM.

Lancer Evolution 7 GSR '01

akhirudin

akhirudin

JEF1030

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Anyone doing any serious work regarding these ECU pinouts (engine converions, different computers, rewiring etc) also needs to know the pinouts of the main relay. It is called the "MFI Relay". It has 2 relays in it, one controling the fuel pump. The other sends power to the sensors, injector resistor, and the ECU. It is important to see a wiring diagram to see how the relay interacts with the ECU, pinouts are not always enough.

On some Mitsubishis, the fuel pump side of the relay is momentarialy powered by the starter signal while cranking. On the Evo I,II,III the starter signal is sent to the ECU. The ECU then decides when to activate the fuel pump relay (and it does this while cranking).

Not all Mitsubishi MFI relays are wired the same. The Evo I is a 8 pin connector and these are the pinouts.

MFI Relay:

1. to fuel pump Black/blue

2. sensor power Red

3. Main power to ECU, pins 12 & 25 on ECU

4. 12V power Black/yellow

5. fuel pump signal, from ECU pin 8

6. power signal, from ECU pin 38

7. Ignition and also pin 62 on ECU

8. 12V power Black/yellow

hi all..
i have 1 question.
what happen if i cut the 12v power black/yellow and put a switch.
turbo

GSR-94T

GSR-94T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Hey guys i have a question for you what will cause there to be no power at pins 4 and 8 on the relay as i have no fuel pump power i do have power at the relay on the red and white wire when reds are on but no power anywhere else ? Any help is appreciated

Cheers

alexmas0n

alexmas0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGroenlaend

Anyone doing any serious work regarding these ECU pinouts (engine converions, different computers, rewiring etc) also needs to know the pinouts of the main relay. It is called the "MFI Relay". It has 2 relays in it, one controling the fuel pump. The other sends power to the sensors, injector resistor, and the ECU. It is important to see a wiring diagram to see how the relay interacts with the ECU, pinouts are not always enough.

On some Mitsubishis, the fuel pump side of the relay is momentarialy powered by the starter signal while cranking. On the Evo I,II,III the starter signal is sent to the ECU. The ECU then decides when to activate the fuel pump relay (and it does this while cranking).

Not all Mitsubishi MFI relays are wired the same. The Evo I is a 8 pin connector and these are the pinouts.

MFI Relay:
1. to fuel pump Black/blue
2. sensor power Red
3. Main power to ECU, pins 12 & 25 on ECU
4. 12V power Black/yellow

5. fuel pump signal, from ECU pin 8
6. power signal, from ECU pin 38
7. Ignition and also pin 62 on ECU
8. 12V power Black/yellow

Hi all,

Sorry to revive an old thread. I am working on converting the car over to a Motec PDM. I am trying to replicate the MPI Relay with some logic to have it start on a Keypad without it.

Here is the startup sequence I've worked out so far. Please correct or input if you can.

1. ECU gets unswitched 12v @ pin 60

2. When key is moved to IGN, MPI Pin 7 goes high with ECU 62;

3. ECU 62 going high will initiate the bootup sequence;

4. Once booted, ECU will send pin 38 high, activating the first relay though MPI Pin 6;

5. MPI Pin 6 will power up the sensors etc.

6. When key is moved to Start, 12v is mechanically provided through the switch to both the starter solenoid wire and ECU pin 51

7. When ECU sees Pin 51 high, ECU sends pin 8 high, powering up MPI pin 5 and activating the second relay, which powers up the fuel pump.

I am quite unsure about the portion in bold. Can anyone substantiate this?

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
You would need to make an introduction post and tell us about yourself and your car before we can help you.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

alexmas0n

alexmas0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGroenlaend
Hi friend, thank you for the reply. I am an evo enthusiast and am currently in the process of converting my cd9a to an all-out track car. This includes some motec gear like the pdm :)

As a separate question I was wondering what the purpose of mpi pin 7 is, I just opened the mpi and pin 7 appears to be connected directly to one of the relay internal coil.

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

Seriously? This is the third one this week............sigh

Matey, we really don't care where you are from or what you do in your spare time. Please take a minute to see things from the perspective of all of us members who have spent countless hours honing our skills on our Mitsubishi's and contributing all we know to this site. To have someone come in asking questions without so much as a "Hi I'm ......., and I'm from ...... and this is my car (pic)." is straight up rude.

Take a moment, look at the attached picture, and take it all in. I'm sure you can figure out what you've forgotten to do.

Please click here.png

Mods, I did this one really really nicely, with good manners and everything............do I get a gold star ,a pat on the head and a cookie now?

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Hash cookie ^ ?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Hash cookie ^ ?

I can only hope :unsure:

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Can I have some too ?

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

I'll email you some LOL

Actually, it would be hilarious to rock up to the PO with a bag of brownines to send, or canna butter.........could you imagine it leaking out of the bag an on to the post sorting equipment?   The sniffer dog would go nuts!!!!! :lol:

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Therez always e-go.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users