Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2lt conversion FAQ's/Help ideas

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

Smutt

Smutt

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationPerth
Thats fine... the list did not state or mention a "bonnet", I wanted to be sure..
Most converted GSRs I have seen (just check out carsales etc) change the bonnet..
Thanks!

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

It wont fit properly, you will need to leave the top timing gear cover off and jack up the rear of the bonnet with washers and cut a chunk out in the under side framework of the bonnet to make room for the cam gears

i cut abit of reo off my stock bonnet and it clears the '63t timing cover fine with no spacers req'd
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW

i cut abit of reo off my stock bonnet and it clears the '63t timing cover fine with no spacers req'd

as above....worked fine:thumbsup:

BooF

BooF

Tripper

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Locationmildure
hey i have done the reverse i have a evo with now a 1.8 omg becuase there cheap !!!
u dont need to change the loom from gsr to evo engine
the loom is longer in a gsr then a evo hint coz the alternaitor is near the fire wall on the gsr where as on a evo its near the rad surport.
and some other things on a evo u need to extend to make a 1.8 fit.
ed falcon with au xr motor vct
mirage auto for sale

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

i have a evo with now a 1.8 omg becuase there cheap !!!

Posted Image

mattrat

mattrat

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
ajahahajahaha

Craig_CD9A

Craig_CD9A

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAdelaide Hills
Posted Image

thirteen

thirteen

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationWollongong NSW

hey i have done the reverse i have a evo with now a 1.8 omg becuase there cheap !!!

I'm confused.
Do you mean you had a genuine Evo 1-3 into which you've put a 4g93t,
or do you have a Lancer gsr which had a 4g63t conversion then you put a 4g93t in it?
Corey

Posted Image

kb24

kb24

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
im about to buy a 63t from a rvr to do this conversion has anyone used this?? i read somewhere that these are the same as a evo set-up

MrSinister81

MrSinister81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
RVR engine is essentially the same apart from minor things like turbo size, but when doing a conversion, you are far better off doing a trasnplant from one lancer to the other. As many have said before, knowledge and experience can have the transplant done in as little as a day or two. But what I would suggest for a first timer is to keep it simple. My first transplant was from an EVO 3 into a CC executive. I had a full car (not a half cut) for the transplant so it was VERY easy.

The RVR 'could' make it quite difficult and painful so don't rush into it. Good to see you're doing some research first.

If you run into any trouble, search old threads for the info. If you can't find what you're after, post a new thread and if the Gurus on this forum can't help you, you really shouldn't be doing it :-p

cc gsr owner

cc gsr owner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
hey guys ive been reading this thread and was wondering has anyone put a rvr 4g63 into a cc gsr yet im currently doing the project and its coming along well but couple things have been causing problems mainly due to parts being missing i must admit i did something very foolish and bought an engine someone had started a conversion with and decided to buy a new car instead main thing at the moment is ive got the evo3 engine mount but mounting on the block is tapered and the mount wont fit down properly anyone know if the evo3 engine side of the mount will fit or should i get the mount drilled?

cc gsr owner

cc gsr owner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
oh forgot to say i now know what happens to a standard 4g93 and stardard turbo when someone messes with what hoses got to what on a boost controller and you get 32psi compression lockup changing gears BIG BADDA BOOOOOM ive now got a see through block and a piece of piston snapped my starter motor in half

Marc

Marc

Pre Staged

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationPenrith, Sydney

oh forgot to say i now know what happens to a standard 4g93 and stardard turbo when someone messes with what hoses got to what on a boost controller and you get 32psi compression lockup changing gears BIG BADDA BOOOOOM ive now got a see through block and a piece of piston snapped my starter motor in half

Pics or ban :w00t::P

Marc

4G63t Powered 1993 Hyundai Excel - Finally finished, Fucked.

**CURRENTLY PARTING OUT, CLICK FOR DETAILS**

mattrat

mattrat

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
ow, sorry to hear

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

hey guys ive been reading this thread and was wondering has anyone put a rvr 4g63 into a cc gsr yet im currently doing the project and its coming along well but couple things have been causing problems mainly due to parts being missing i must admit i did something very foolish and bought an engine someone had started a conversion with and decided to buy a new car instead main thing at the moment is ive got the evo3 engine mount but mounting on the block is tapered and the mount wont fit down properly anyone know if the evo3 engine side of the mount will fit or should i get the mount drilled?

Read the thread again dude- the RVR motors are identical to EVO motors, bar the C.A.S location (cam gear vs end of cam shaft)

cc gsr owner

cc gsr owner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
ill try get pics up asap engine is sitting on the floor at my mechanics so havent taken any yet looks messy snapped conrod in two places

FLIBYUGSR

FLIBYUGSR

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
i know that ites said that this is a 1.5 - 3 day conversion. i havnt put an evo 3 motor in as yet but ive dont a few 93 engine swaps and i usually have that done in a day. am i being a lil optimistic on doing the evo 3 conversion in a day?
THE POWER OF 4G

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW

i know that ites said that this is a 1.5 - 3 day conversion. i havnt put an evo 3 motor in as yet but ive dont a few 93 engine swaps and i usually have that done in a day. am i being a lil optimistic on doing the evo 3 conversion in a day?

Depends on a couple of things..

*how many hours in ONE of YOUR days!!:lol:

*how keen you are!!:thumbsup:

*if you run into any problems:blink:

its pretty straight forward if you plan it right....
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

boostboy76

boostboy76

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
...and how many times you get pissed off and go and have a beer / smoke :w00t:

Liberoz

Liberoz

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationSydney
I did my 2ltr swap in around 7hours to turn key and drive out, thats with all the right tools to make it a smooth job, i've also done quite a few in my time and there's way more motivation doing your own car after the engine build took over a year to do all the work and be ready to drop in.

It not a hard conversion to do time wise its how long in-between the
"what do I do next?" is what draws out the process time wise.
John
CE9W RIBEROGT RANSAEBO II

RRF | 0Z Racing | RALLI/// ///ART | Sparco | MEEK | Elf | Fujitsubo | Marle Pistons
| HKS-RS Intake | Cusco | Apexi | PUMA | Dia Queen | GIII's | Hibrid III | MMC | GReedy TRUST | Camtech | RECARO| RSEII Spec | RALLIART Options inside | Walbro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users