Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RVR HSGR with vr4 long block.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

RVRHSG

RVRHSG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationPerth

Just need some advice before swapping in a VR4 long block into hsgr, I will be using back the rvr awd gearbox/transfer case.

-So far I'm aware that the rvr's engine bay CAS wires/connectors need to be change to work with vr4 CAS on the intake camshaft end. 
-Swap in a rvr thermostat housing/cover into the vr4 head.
-ecu change to the evo 1-3, mdl510 inctors, either a magna 055/609 maf.

For the flywheel and clutch/disc setup, what 6 bolts flywheel do I need to use? awd? fwd? flat?

Anything else that I'm missing for the above conversion? Please advise accordingly. Thanks!

Wae.

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
I think that the flywheel will be fine, awd are stepped whereas the fwd is flat. I'm not familiar with RVR passenger side mount. You may need to change that over. Other than that I think you have it covered and if you are going to do the mount, may as well throw a water pump and new belts on.

Edited by Cranked, 18 June 2018 - 04:50 AM.

GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

RVRHSG

RVRHSG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationPerth
Yeh will get the passenger side mount sorted out.

Currently the vr4 long block doesn't have a flywheel, can I use either the 6 bolts oem vr4 awd flywheel or need to use a 6 bolts fwd flywheel (from what vechile)?

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Use the vr4 awd flywheel and clutch.
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Hey wae, Im chasing a rvr crank sensor if you are not needing it from the old rvr block.
I think i have a chopper plate already.
Cheers jack

Edited by jack be nimble, 18 June 2018 - 10:41 PM.

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users