Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Oldie needs help ASAP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Broke something in the driveline at the Oakey sprints on the weekend and the other drivers seem to think that it is either the diff or torque tube BUT I doubt it is the TT.

I could still drive it enough to get it onto the trailer accompanied with clunking noises and jerking so my money is on either the crown wheel or pinion.

The ratio is 3.9 and any help in locating one appreciated.

I still have the original open 3.5 small diff. The 3.9 is a big diff and am told that the lsd clutch pack won't fit in the small diff.

Have been told that some early TRITONS may have the parts I need any info on wether this is true and where to find one appreciated.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Have a look in my for sale thread...might have what you need.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Have a look in my for sale thread...might have what you need.

Have been thru your garage sale clean out thread  so have I missed seeing something ?? Can you help with a link or more specific details please??

Edited by OLDIE, 21 May 2018 - 08:46 PM.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Rear diff pieces? Is that what your after?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Rear diff pieces? Is that what your after?

I almost certainly will need a crown wheel and matching pinion to suit any ratio between 3.5 and 4.2  and am told that I have an 8 inch diff.

I will PM my contact details in case you need further info.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
I dont have any rear diff bits...which is why I asked the question about it being rear diff that your after.

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I dont have any rear diff bits...which is why I asked the question about it being rear diff that your after.

STARIONS  are rwd

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Diff is out and the pinion shaft has only 1/2 of the teeth left so the hunt is on for a replacement most likely a 4.222.

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Have picked up a 4.222 MK Triton diff for a test fit of the internal parts and DANTRANS has done some preliminary checks and thinks that they "should fit" so fingers crossed as that will be good first hand info for other Starion enthusiasts/diehards.

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
I hope that SHOULD becomes WILL matey. Best of luck!

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

DANTRANS has confirmed that the recoed diff is ready to be fitted :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users