Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2018 Oakey sprints

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

They are on again on the 19th and 20th of May and have entered once more with my ageing JB Starion.

The track is just a matchbox shaped rectangle with a couple of fast chicanes with 2 laps each run. They also have some drifters demonstrating their skills and hope to get a ride in one over the weekend like I did a couple of years ago and have only stopped smiling recently.

Any other 4Gers going?

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
I might come watch because I have family/ friends racing but my car still isn’t ready :/

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Sadly I managed to break my 3.9 BIG DIFF first run Sunday morning and despite loud clunking and jerky ride managed to det it on the trailer for the trip home.

I desperately need and big diff crown wheel and pinion with any ratio between 3.5 and 4.2 to be able to refit the LSD.

My original diff was an open 3.5 BUT am told that my LSD clutch pack can't be fitted to the "small diff"

Have been told that there may be some early TRITON OR PAJEROS that might have the right size parts.

Any help in locating what I need appreciated.

Edited by OLDIE, 21 May 2018 - 04:17 AM.

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Pics 

http://www.trapnellc....com/p924502944

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Well I rocked up to the IWMAC dirt sprints to man my usual flag point only to be told by a few people who were at the Oakey Sptints presentation Sunday arvo that I had won 3rd in class and there is a trophy for me so will contact the organizers to have them post it.

I guess that will lessen the pain of a broken diff a little.

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Trailered the car to DANTRANS today so will know early in the week what is needed .Going by the sound Dan thinks it may be the pinion. Time will tell. :unsure:

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
I hope it all gets sorted for you mate. I didn't see your post on your 3rd placing, well done!

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

It certainly was the pinion as it only has less than half of the teeth left .

I think that I have found a replacement 4.22 ratio that will fit and the big diff has been stripped and the 4.22 has been measured and am told that "it should fit" as the shaft is the right length with matching splines.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Good to hear!
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I hope it all gets sorted for you mate. I didn't see your post on your 3rd placing, well done!

My darling wife usually says when I arrive home with a  3rd place trophy "was there only 3 in the class?"  :rolleyes:

FWIW  I enter events nowadays for my personal enjoyment and to help delay getting old and doddery not trophies. Placings are few and far between but still nice to get.

Edited by OLDIE, 11 June 2018 - 09:38 PM.

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

The 4.22 diff fitted by DANTRANS certainly makes the car feel a bit more lively. :thumbsup:

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Excellent news mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users