Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2018 Wondai sprints

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Am heading off on black Friday the 13th to the 3rd running of the well organized and run IMO Wondai sprints.

It is an app 3 hour drive towing my long suffering 2.3 TC JB Starion that like me is a little tired now but still quite strong with 350 HP at the tyres

I lost 30 hp >5k revs BUT gained100 hp @4k revs with the smaller GT3076R TS turbo so it is a bit more lively now.

Have also had a suspension tweak with 25mm RCA adjusters to the front and have installed fabricated rear RCA's that have lowered the outer joints 2 inches and that has made the car more responsive as well as less loose in the rear.

I am car 92 in a mixed class of 12 cars and will be happy if I finish midfield.

PS if any 4Gers are there please say hello :)

Edited by OLDIE, 06 April 2018 - 11:06 PM.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
I’m not racing this year, my car isnt ready, but I will be coming up to watch either Saturday or Sunday, so I’ll say hi if I spot you.

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Post from another forum.

https://www.torqueca...for-2018.39827/

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Well I can't recall an event with so many "incidents" as the barriers were in the same places as previous events right on the edge of the black stuff in all of the corners so it paid to be neat and tidy.

It rained Friday night so the track was damp before competition started but dried in time for the start so 2 dry days racing and it was hot on Sunday.

With the front and rear RCA's done with slightly revised alignment settings the car felt like it had more grip and it gave me confidence to push a little harder and ended up app 2 seconds quicker than my previous best time so I am happy with that.

Had a couple of competitors say that it got off the line well and it was fast down the straight so now I just have to get thru the chicanes a little better.

There was an impressively fast LA Lancer with a Honda 2 litre V tec motor.

Edited by OLDIE, 15 April 2018 - 07:09 PM.

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

link to pics

http://www.trapnellc....com/p208739967

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Great to see your out and having good time in the mitsi
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
I have a vid of you but don’t know how to post it, I don’t have a YouTube account

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Ian sadly I can't help you BUT hopefully someone here will advise on how to post it on 4G Tuner as would love to see it .

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Does tinypic do video? Try it
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Does tinypic do video? Try it

I’ll have a look

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users