Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

762GTP on a 2.3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

4GLancer

4GLancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNsw
Hey guys, thinking of getting this stock frame GTpump evo 3 16g 762 turbo on my 2.3 stroker that's getting built. Anyone used it on a 2.3? Haven't heard much about it. Here's the link for the turbo and dyno run. http://store.gtpumps...i-td06h-762gtp/

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Probably best to speak with Mark at GT Pumps about your application - he'd be best placed to give you the right information.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Its a shame the information on GT pumps page is so terrible. If only they had clear comparisons (eg dyno sheets) of the differences in their turbos and the characteristics. Its not 2009 anymore and surely would be a much better marketing tool for his business.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Agreed ^
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I had the td0520g GTP on my 2L and the difference compared to stock was stupid. very big very noticeable difference, spooled quicker even though it was bigger, came on harder was a very pleasant experience if that helps.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Yeah agree that dyno sheet comparisons would be good, but there's so much potential difference between setups that it would be hard to ensure the outcomes from car to car would be apples-to-apples.
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Lister

Lister

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationHobart

I agree with Enginr, the variables between dynos, operators, and between cars makes a huge difference to power figures (we all know this). It would be unfair to try and make comparisons across that variety, plus when people often do the fake claims seem to always come out despite the awesome graphs.

Friends and I have dealt with Mark many times, I like the fact he's a no pressure guy that doesn't try to oversell any product. Yes his site isn't the best, but he's a genuine guy to deal with.

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Sure. But if you're selling a product like turbos, why not work with a shop and a customer and improve your information to help future customers make a decision. The customer might get a discount, the shop might get some profile (eg as an evo expert) and GT Pumps would have good comparable data. Wouldn't even need to be on every turbo, just some key models. At the moment its impossible to compare. 

When you're spending a lot of money on a build, no matter how nice the salesman, you want to be able to look at some better information.

I would add, the same would go for FP, who aren't much different.

Edited by EvoOne, 22 March 2018 - 09:05 PM.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Yeah but you need to look at the reality of the situation too.  Not many customers would be willing to make their cars available for extended periods of testing and development and testing and development costs time and money.  Not many businesses can manage expenses like that and stay viable.

If you're spending a lot of your money on your build - then do thorough research of your own and look at compressor maps and work out where the turbo is at optimal performance, look at similar builds to what you are planning to do and speak with the owners about their thoughts and what/if anything they would do differently if they were doing the build again.

We're lucky that our cars have been developed/modified and enhanced by a lot of people over a lot of years, so there's tonnes of resources and examples out there to be drawn on for personal reference. 

You just need to spend a bit of time finding the information, reviewing it and asking the right questions.

4GLancer

4GLancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNsw
Spoke to GTpumps. Looks like this turbo can make around 350kws atw. Not bad for a stock frame. That’s on a 2.3 I should add and on big boost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users