Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GUMTREE SCAM - car guys beware...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Cordiagsr

Cordiagsr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Hi all,

I have to inform all of you of the gumtree scam happening now because I am one of you and I give a shit about others.

I am car guy and as you know most car guys are honest and above board but I almost got done..

I posted an add on gumtree , wanted a car part..

Same day got a msg of the guy claiming he had it.

Trust me , I am not a naïve person but these guys are good.

Typical aussie slang on the sms, mate this mate that etc

Sends me the photo of the part, looked like pic of the ebay website.

He said he is a mechanic at work etc etc At this point I am not really trusting him …

Anyway next day I asked him for the copy of the licence, he said he doesn’t have it, is the photo of his passport ok.

He sends me the pic of him holding the passport, name Daniel Falzon.

I am still not sure, then he calls me etc I couldn’t pick up so I thought sounds ok.

Gives me his ANZ bank account, again I am thinking gee you have to be legit to have an account ( found out later there are ways to get around it)

I was going to go to NZ to deposit $170 but I was busy so I send it through internet banking.

This was my luck as it takes 1-2 days to clear.

Next morning I had this funny feeling so I called him on 0435 143 978 , not picking up msg bank full….

Red flag

Called the bank and ask them stop the transfer / lodge a dispute with ANZ and most likely I will get it back.

Google his number , gee common gumtree scammer, stupid me.

If you are buying stuff by it face to face ,if you really have to do it my way ask him something as stupid.

As Copy of his licence with medicare card holding 3 fingers, if at least you don’t get that , do not risk it!!!

Any honest seller will not have an issue to do anything to show they are genuine.

I HOPE THIS WILL SAVE SOMEONE OUT THERE..

Cheers

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
0435 143 978

Lets all send a pic of our ballbag to the number above.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Thanks for the warning mate.
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie

0435 143 978

Lets all send a pic of our ballbag to the number above.

Done.

Cordiagsr

Cordiagsr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Just be careful guys,  human scam...

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

So basically he says he has parts, gets the payment for said parts and vanishes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users