Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any ideas or is it normal?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CAM280

CAM280

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationAustralia Queensland

I took my car for a test drive today and when I decided to give it a bit of gas it went back from 4th to 3rd which is normal but at 4500rpm it slipped big time. Maybe 2 seconds then it started to grab again. Checked fluid level, just right, i'm wondering if its normal or I need to adjust either the kick down band or the line pressure in the valve body. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. 

Would it be better to be in overdrive then go hard so it goes back to 4th instead of 3rd? 

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Sounds fairly standard.
Go get your tcu remapped. It'll make a world of a difference. Contact Aldo and he can sort you out.

These transmissions really need short shift durations and higher pressure shifts to feel right.

The fact that they try and keep em smooth doesn't work with what we want (performance).

The kick down to 3rd is OK. Just needs to grab faster that's all.

4th is known as the weak link. Hence the reason to kick down.

CAM280

CAM280

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationAustralia Queensland
Thanks Baz, sounds like a plan! It does have a shift kit in it but I reckon they're a con anyway at least it's on the road again 😂

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Isnt Vr401 the tcu remapper?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users