Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

stock vs a/m intake+TB

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Curious as to who is running what manifold with their high powered evo motors? Not sure if stock is going to be enough at around 600 or i need to convert to something bigger and a/m. There are a bunch of el cheapo ebay specials with 80mm throttle bodies but not sure if they are suitable/sensors bolt straight into their TBs etc. And im not particularly keen on forking out for a hypertune mani.

What about stock mani bored out to take a bigger TB, how big can you go - and what is recommended for 600?

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside

Matthias Boldt runs an evo 3 intake manifold and has run in the 8's @ 170+mph. 

Just bolt a 70mm tb to it and call it done. 

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Agree. But once again, that 170+ mph could potentially be 175+ mph.

I have run a factor VR4 aus spec manifold and made a healthy 330kw at the wheels. It was ported and extrude honed though...
  • bj likes this

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
You could look at the dsm pages and try get like a Magnus or something they use over there cheaper than a hypertune?

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Magnus are still "starting from $999"

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Racefab.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts

Agree. But once again, that 170+ mph could potentially be 175+ mph.

I have run a factor VR4 aus spec manifold and made a healthy 330kw at the wheels. It was ported and extrude honed though...

lol, cause 170mph is too slow..... 

Tim

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Magnus are still "starting from $999"

You might be able score one second hand?

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

lol, cause 170mph is too slow.....

Way too slow.. Lol.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

You might be able score one second hand?

I knew what you were suggesting! I think Tim sold his a while back? No one wanted it at first!!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
You can pick them up from time to time but they are hard to find at a good price!
And baz.... don’t forget the words that govern the mph of a galant.... HOUSE BRICK lol

Tim

Magnus

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
I'm not going to assume or hold my breath with this build. Or wait off on it till I potentially find the right part at the right price. I got lucky with my exhaust Mani don't expect to get lucky again. If the stock Mani can support an 8sec run I'll go with that till something comes along I can always upgrade later. Cheers for the input fellas

Rvr_HSG

Rvr_HSG

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Queensland

Just bolt a 70mm tb to it and call it done.

Do you need to hone out the intake manifold to suit or will it bolt straight on?

unhuman

unhuman

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Racefab.

Rob doesn't do manifolds anymore unfortunately as this was what I was going to use.

The market seems to be fairly limited between ebay cheap (and I assume rubbish) and importing from the US which comes at a price.

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts

Do you need to hone out the intake manifold to suit or will it bolt straight on?

You need to machine it out to match it to the S90.

Tim

Magnus

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

Rob doesn't do manifolds anymore unfortunately as this was what I was going to use.

The market seems to be fairly limited between ebay cheap (and I assume rubbish) and importing from the US which comes at a price.

Spewin....would not have sold mine if I knew that

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
0ceffcc9e2ffa2c166f84e143fec15e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Ive seen that, and im bloody spewing my car parts budget is empty for a couple of weeks or id be all on that. looks like someone else is very interested in it so ill miss out. Will teach me for spending money on my PC instead of cars...

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
Take the pc to cashies for a couple of weeks hahah

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

wouldnt trust them with it tbh, just put a $1300 1080ti in it. Dont want them having fun with it after shift out the back lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users