Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

W5M332 suit RVR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

As above, trying to be a cheapskate and get out of rebuilding mine for now, box is reeeeeally giving me the shits and im starting to hate my car over it which is never good. Chasing something thats good to go in and keep me satisfied till i get around to justifying spending a few k on rebuilding mine. Bonus points for LSD and/or local to brisbane, but price point is the main driver here. 

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Still looking for a box. Surely someone has something tucked away as a spare or something? Should also mention 3.9 ratio for an rvr as well.

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
I have a spare but it suits a rebuild as well... 5th gear has bad teeth and bearings aren't the best. The synchros are brand new but as I said the rest is a bit sad.
A good spare HSGR box can be find next to the toothpaste specifically made for chickens (as Benzo) would put it. Best of luck bud.

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Unfortunately im finding that out. Out of curiosity, what would you want for said sad box? Would be better just having something thats not required in my car i can screw around with or give to a shop etc instead of having to take my car off the road which isnt an option. As long as the gearset isnt buggered i might even be able to make 1 from 2 who knows

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

bump still chasing something

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
I honestly dont know price wise to be truthful.... 5th gearset is a bit noisy (from memory the guy who rebuilt used a 2nd hand VR4 one and the teeth were not perfect).
I would be reluctant to let it go (spares...) until I sell my RVR. Hopefully soon enough. I will let you know if you still are chasing one at the time mate.

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

at this rate i probably will haha but see how we go. cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users