Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

evo 3 rad into RVR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Ive been told an evo 3 radiator can be fitted into an RVR by simply modifying the lower brackets as its slightly smaller, however how do the fans work? The radiator im looking at has a custom shroud and fans, and mine have a resistor box of some kind from factory. Do i need to wire this in or simply bypass it etc? Will simply determine if i get the one with the shroud and modify it to fit the box or get one without shroud/fans and use my stock fans etc.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
The resister makes the left fan dual speed. I think its on low when ever ac is turned on, and bumps to high (and the right fan turns on) when the temperature gets hot enough.
IMO, the factory shrouds are best as they use the whole radiator surface.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users