Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RVR in to CB?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

noisy toy

noisy toy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNQ

Hi all. My first post here, awesome site. I have an RVR 4G63T AWD front cut. engine is on passenger side. I am looking at a 1990 Lancer 4 door, considering this car for an AWD conversion. I searched a few forums, sorry if this has been discussed before. My question is, is it a fairly straight forward conversion? I know the rear diff mounts will be a lot of work, but is the front part the same? Can i fit the RVR X-Member? Any tips much appreciated, or direct me to the right place.
cheers, shane

MrConsistent

MrConsistent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCanberra

If that is the cb or early cc lancer then the the mounts left and right are fine, the front and rear engine mounts are harder. when I put the evo3 engine in my cb and wend awd I needed to modify the n/s brace and make it work for the rear point (just under the firewall) and cut and move the bolt through tube sections in the rad support bracket.

Even the front section will be hard if you do not have someone that is great with metalwork and welding.

Then I grafted the whole rear floorpan from the E3  into mine to make it stronger and this was easier than stuffing around making the mounts for a diff.....

It is possible but I would not recommend it.....

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users