Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evo 1 stock boost/fuel cut

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada
I am curious as to where the stock ecu cuts fuel when raising boost pressure. I have a fully built motor and all supporting mods minus injectors ( I have 1000cc injector dynamics sitting waiting for my bigger turbo to be put on ) and wanted to run the car at 1 bar of boost like I do with my dsms but it seems I am only able to maybe get 10 ish psi before I am having troubles. I'm kinda surprised by this as my dsms can pull higher boost on their stock ecu and smaller maf and injectors so I'm a bit shocked that this car is already hitting that wall. Hoping I am just having a spark related issue like blow out.

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Hey mate, I am not sure about Evo 1 but Evo 3 ecu pulls the pin at around 18psi. However it isn't really boost based, it's CFM and load based, although psi is a rough indicator. I would be looking elsewhere unless you are running a massively larger turbo than stock?
Just throwing it out there...

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
What plugs?
What plug gap?
What fuel??
What intake?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

Hey mate, I am not sure about Evo 1 but Evo 3 ecu pulls the pin at around 18psi. However it isn't really boost based, it's CFM and load based, although psi is a rough indicator. I would be looking elsewhere unless you are running a massively larger turbo than stock?
Just throwing it out there...

Currently the car is still running the stock small 16g, once ECM Link is installed in the ecu I will be putting on my gt3076r ball bearing turbo.

What plugs?
What plug gap?
What fuel??
What intake?

Plugs ngk copper bpr7es

Gap .30 same as I run in my talons

Fuel is 91 or 94 octane premium we don't get higher then that here.

Stock intake,box,and filter.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Well the octane level sucks!
As far as I knew these things shouldnt be run on less than 95 octane?
Especially when upping the boost?
Are your octane levels equilavent to ours over here?
Cause over here we have 91 94 95 98 and e85
But most people that dont already use e85 would use 98ron fuel if upping boost etc
Maybe thats not helping?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Do you use Petro Canada Ultra Premium?
Cause I have just read about that being 101ron.....

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada
I run husky 94 octane for gas and and in my other cars ( same motor ) I can get upwards of 17psi with less injector size, maf, and stock fuel pump. This really has me confused because I would have thought with having a better flowing maf larger stock injectors and a pump that I shouldn't have any issues hitting 14lbs. I mean it's not really a big deal and I can live with it for winter until I get link installed I'd just like to know what's causing it haha.

!Jonzap!

!Jonzap!

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

do you have the right AFM for your ecu?

have you checked for boost leaks?

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

do you have the right AFM for your ecu?
have you checked for boost leaks?

Boost leaks have been tested and none to be found holds 25psi with no issues. As for the AFM I hadn't really thought to check whether or not I actually had a matching one so I will need to check that thanks for the tip.

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada
Not sure if my maf is factory or not but it's number 609, same as a 2g DSM over here.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Thats the correct stock Evo 1-3 AFM

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Does the car still have the original fuel pump?

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada
In thinking the car has a walbro in it as the pump is very loud but I have not confirmed this yet. In waiting on my new rear seat to show up before I try getting into the tank. From what I've heard it's a real pain with these cars.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Lol!!
Ummm dunno where you heard that crap?
Less than half an hour to get the pump out from start to finish.

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada
my buddy who owns a 1800gsr, he said the hard pipe fuel line is where he was saying it gets tricky because his twisted and we ended up having to go -6an from the tank to the rail. I haven't taken my rear seat off yet to look at it but I assume it's very similar to a 2g eclipse or talon style tank set up.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Undo the flex hose at the chassis rail end. Don't touch the sender fitting until you can put it in a vice
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada
Thanks for the tip jack, do you happen to have a pic of where I should remove the line from ? I believe I know where you are talking about but seeing it is a lot easier.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Get under the car and have a look?
It will become quite obvious when you actually have a look.Its on the rhs in front of rear wheel

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

Get under the car and have a look?
It will become quite obvious when you actually have a look.Its on the rhs in front of rear wheel

would like to point that I do not live beside my car I work more then the average mule so its not as easy as

" get under the car and have a look . " 

having a picture IF someone has one handy is a good thing to reference for when I do get the time. I generally only get to work on my car maybe 2-3 days out of a month due to work at the current moment. But I mean if its so easy to do so I'd be very grateful of you to hop under yours and help the community out a bit ;) .

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
As Jamo said, its pretty obvious. The flex runs into the hard pipe, on the chassis rail.
As Jamo said.

I can't do the pic thing now as Photobucket is poo, and I haven't bothered working around it yet.

Mine is actually different anyway. And not even a cc lancer.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users