Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Replacing bump stops?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Hi guys

Jacked up my car over the weekend and noticed my front bump stops are crumbling away. 

How easy are they to replace?

Thanks!

Chris

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Remove strut, compress spring, remove top hat of strut, replace bumpstop. Reassemble...
Easy if you have spring compressors. Almost impossible without, unless your into dodgy stuff.

Even easier if you have adjustable height coilovers.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Remove strut, compress spring, remove top hat of strut, replace bumpstop. Reassemble...
Easy if you have spring compressors. Almost impossible without, unless your into dodgy stuff.

Even easier if you have adjustable height coilovers.

Thanks Jack. Was hoping it might avoid taking out the strut and getting a wheel alignment. May make sense to replace the struts completely!

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
You won't need a alignment. The 2 bolts on the strut bottom will not affect wheel alignment.
You could just pull the bump stops out. Will give you more travel.
Put a cable tie on the shock shaft, and check it every now and then. Just to see how much travel you are using.
If you are still bottoming it out, you need stiffer springs, or more ride height. Or slow down when hitting kerbs and speed humps....
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Well, won't affect it much. I always put the bolts in loose, then move the slack towards the neg camber position and then tighten the 2 bolts. Always in same spot then.

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users