Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

suspension stuff

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Galantman

Galantman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationLaunceston, Tasmania

Hi there everybody. Looking for info/ places to get stuff for my 1991  A spec vr4. suspension wise it doesn't appear to ever have had a bush replace in its 300,000km life

ive been able to find and source nearly every bush that you can think of, but im struggling with the Front subframe -> body bushes, and on the rear i cant find replacements for upper and lower Ball joints( might need to buy complete control arms, not sure), Front and rear Cradle bushes, 

thinking of doing everything in 1 hit and sort out the alignment issues i appear to be having once and for all.

any ideas where to get these from, if possible at all ?

oh, where is the best place for some adjust able strut tops at the moment?

Thanks in advance, Melv.

trist

trist

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSt Andrews

Hi Melv,

I'm currently in the progress of doing the same thing. 

At this stage I still need to confirm the rear ball joints, but I believe that they are the same as the fronts. Once I have finished I was planning on posting the complete list.

not sure about the sub frame bushes or the camber tops.

Cheers,

Aaron.

current rides

black aus spec vr4
red 86 diesel pajero
2008 yamaha wr 250 r

go the 4 bangers

Galantman

Galantman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationLaunceston, Tasmania

Hi Aaron, according to galantvr4.org. rear ball joints are the same as the front ( hope so, i ordered a full set to replace them) and the subframe bushes are available from  as a kit for US$130, http://www.b2autodes...roducts_id=8218

hope that helps you out also

Cheers, Melv.

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA

Front balljoints probably arent available from the dealer, but you can get a range of balljoints that suit. They are all the same (JNZ used to sell the rear balljoints, which for some reason were available from Mitsubishi as a spare part, as front replacements)

A nice way to cheat is to use Amazon, I generally use the 1991 eagle talon as the standard as it seems there are more parts listed for it.

https://www.amazon.c...dc-b0b8ee57ea61

I just got some pro-forged balljoints and they seem to be slightly less diameter than stock, I pressed them in and they are not as "tight" in there as the stock ones. Maybe thats just because there is no grime holding them in. I also got different circlips from CBC because they use the exact same clip as stock which has no holes in it for pliers. Annoying.

Be aware also that some of these aftermarket balljoints are knurled, which will mean you have to always used the knurled balljoints.

Additionally, it is still possible to get complete new lower arms for the galant (as a new part for the 1g DSM) but I believe there is a very slight difference in the swaybar mount, and you lose 1 degree of caster

https://www.ebay.com...tlZuToQ&vxp=mtr

http://www.galantvr4...ev=#Post1204468

I guess for the price why not? New rubber bushings, new balljoints and a whole new arm! Reports on them are good, originally they had poor welds, the DSM people got onto the company and they revised them entirely.

Edited by doommachine, 30 October 2017 - 03:37 AM.

trist

trist

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSt Andrews

If anyone is still unsure, I can confirm 100% that the front ball joint is the same as the rear ball joint.  :D

current rides

black aus spec vr4
red 86 diesel pajero
2008 yamaha wr 250 r

go the 4 bangers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users