Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evolution 9 - Forged internals or not?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Lil_Evo

Lil_Evo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAus
Hi there guys. I'm looking at purchasing an Evo 9 and am wondering if they have forged rods/pistons from factory. I've here'd that they're "semi forged". There's a guy in the US with an Evo 9 stock motor running 650hpatws. Obviously that's not going to last long especially around a track. I'm only looking for 350atw maybe 400max. Would a stock 9 motor handle this sought of power? I won't be racing around a track all day putting stress on the rods etc. might do a couple 1/4 mile runs but that's it. Thanks 👍

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
350hp is roughly 260kw.
Thats easily achievable with a 9s stock internals.
Plenty of guys over here run them at that level with no ussues.
E85 will get you there easily and safely. Just get a good tuner that knows what they are doing.
Might need to upgrade stock turbo also but thats easy enough.
  • ted likes this
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users