Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

So the Turdis has run out of Rego...............

I think it's time to do the build and put the tricked auto in.

20141129_165513.jpg

I can either put a mild port head on with std valves (cost $0), or get the deep pocket ported head done with 2mm OS intake and 1mm OS exhaust valves.(cost = OUCH)

Pre port.jpg

Post Port.jpg

I'm going to put an SG front bar and a nimbus rear on it, and return it to Sophia white. I want to make it a proper sleeper like Leons Summit. I have to keep the camber and Evo 8 wheels on it due to

the 324mm rotors up front, should still be sleeper-ish.

The W/A setup will stay as will manifolds and quiet exhaust, ditching the cat, might put a cut-out on it for the strip.

I might ditch the interior and put a lighter seat setup in it............the SSG ones I have ATM weight a ton.

I might make up a fiberglass bonnet.

I have to keep motivated through this............it has been a long time doing anything on this POS.

I will post up progress pics, so this will serve as my build thread.

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Lots of mights in that post....................should have used could and want a few times.  :w00t:

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Nice. Is it common practice to grind down the valve guides like that? Interested in the method used.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Less internet talk..more action I say.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Nice. Is it common practice to grind down the valve guides like that? Interested in the method used.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

It will be getting new guides, those ones were on the limit of wear. As to whether I'll shape them the same I'll ask Paul at the shop, I'll go by his recommendation.

He does tons of speedway heads and the guys run them ground down like that with big RPM, but that being said they aren't daily drivers so longevity isn't a concern.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
The tags you added cracked me up to Ben!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
My preference would be 2mm is exhaust. It's easy to get air in with more boost but exhaust is getting pushed out

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

That's a fair point Brian.

I was just having a think about the 4B11 valve sizing, 35mm Int. and 29mm Exh. The difference between them is 6mm. The intention was to make mine 36mm Int. and leave the std Exh. at 30.5mm giving me a 5.5mm difference, which is still 1.5mm larger than the 4B11 head. I have heard some convincing opinions for keeping the Exh. valves stock due to their already large comparable size.

Some in the 4B11 camp will go 1mm over to 36mm and leave the exhaust at 29mm! Go figure  :blink:

I have not ported the exhaust ports very much beyond a touch of bowl work with the idea of retaining as much exhaust velocity as possible.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Be keen to see this build under way, I already pinched a couple of ideas off ya like the gauge thing, even gunna go w2a when I finally get reg...

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
I have some 3 day weekends coming up Benny. I'll try to arrange a visit and make things harder for you, lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arsehat at work, F@#king car!, What have I done!, HSG, Where is my 10mm?, 4g63 rebuild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users