Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RVR HSGR - Maverick Jr

- - - - - rvr hsgr maverickjr awd turbo

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
I should say. Rvr cams and gears, sensors etc only thing sonata changes bare head is thermostat housing pattern and a few less galleys. Identical otherwise and I've thrown all rvr removable gear into the sonata head. Definitely will check cas out in morning though

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Your Rvr head will have the mount points for the cam sensor under the intake can wheel. The sonata doesn't.
You were fortunate your Rvr uses the rear of head style of sensors, or you would have had to convert the wiring. Not all Rvr are like yours.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Starion VR4 Derek

Starion VR4 Derek

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationBurrum Heads

My bet will be the CPS down on the crank, also check the disc isn't bent & hit the sensor & destroyed it, look for signs of it rubbing.

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Computer has been bench tested and apparently gives sufficient spark but fuel steadily dies after a few minutes. They requested my old ECU for testing for whatever reason. 

Picked up a manual loom tonight so ill chuck that in to eliminate the auto bypass etc. Found out last week that its been 6 months since its been registered and has lapsed. Oh the joys.

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

So car is registered again and running. Small problem with being rich so trying to address that atm, but boosts hard up the street and everything is working as intended as manual now so hopefully will be 100% tomorrow morning when i throw in a few little parts i got off of Clay out of a manual HSGR. Mixture of a lot of little things that caused what was happening to it, mostly being different items between manual and auto that you wouldnt really expect. only thing thats not what its meant to be is it still has auto injectors till i can find some manual 510s. 

Got a lot of things on the way when i get some monies again after shelling out a few grand in rego/auto elec bill/parts bill etc including swapping back to an HSGR head. But at least it runs and drives now. Big thanks to Clay and Ben for their wealth of knowledge and parts supplied to get it to this stage. 

• ted likes this

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Drove home tonight. All seemed well till an accident on the freeway jammed it up and the stop start for 10km brought out the worst in the clutch - slipping like a mofo and cant handle any boost without slipping. Sourced through work/bursons was a generic clutch industries i was assured was for the TURBO rvr but who knows, clearly cant handle it warmed up thinking maybe they gave me a sonata NA or something so new exedy HD clutch is pretty high up on the list. Hoping itll not get worse and i can just do it when i get the 20g on and manifold done etc etc one week off work. Will see but for now shes running, not overheating and made an hour long commute home in traffic on the motorway so good signs. Has an oil leak somewhere thats aggressive under boost so probably take the manifold off this weekend and make sure that everything ive touched is done up properly. Rebuilt motor so all seals motor wise should be good, looking like maybe turbo feed or something. Not super urgent but will get attention this weekend when i get some free time. 

• ted likes this

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
So yep in usual style of the car the clutch is playing up. Fine when cold, in my hour long morning commute slips with any more than feather throttle at low revs once hot. Once again box out.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
May as well put wing nuts on that gearbox. Save you getting the spanners out
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Lol^

he has had nothing but issues with this car. I dunno how he hasnt torched it.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
That's an idea jack...might be onto something... But yea having symptoms reproduce exactly 3 times now not just a one off. Been told it's lack of clamp pressur when hot. Mate has an npc super hd clutch with 300km on it so I'll throw that in. Not sure if I want a lightened fly though.this car has only served to improve my patience

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Hey Taz, ever thought about going auto? =)

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Bad step height will make clutch a slipper too

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Either way box has gotta come out and I'm not doing it all to put a no name brand clutch back in on the off chance it's not the cutch itself. Should of just bit the bullet and put quality in there to begin with.

Starion VR4 Derek

Starion VR4 Derek

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationBurrum Heads

Either way box has gotta come out and I'm not doing it all to put a no name brand clutch back in on the off chance it's not the cutch itself. Should of just bit the bullet and put quality in there to begin with.

Taz mate, even a N/A clutch should hold some boost, mate just check the hydraulic system..

https://www.youtube....bed/vYJxQyjIhUw

Simpler video.....but the one above is a better one.

https://youtu.be/t4wyQmf5kbo

Check for air as well..

https://youtu.be/bngJkM_vkUE

Edited by Derek, 29 June 2017 - 07:20 AM.

• Taz likes this

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW

Hey Taz, ever thought about going auto? =)

Just converted it away from lazy matic....
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

So as per dereks advice i checked the system to be sure it was all in check and what do you know, clutch master was out by a literal half turn, which was the difference between open and shut on bleeder. something so simple and easy to oversight. took for a quick spin warm and sure enough, problem solved. Still eventually upgrading clutches with new turbo BUT that has been pushed WAY down the priority list now thankfully and its another thing i dont NEED to address. Thanks Derek, saved a lot of heartache. 

Just converted it away from lazy matic....

That's the joke ;)

Starion VR4 Derek

Starion VR4 Derek

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationBurrum Heads

So as per dereks advice i checked the system to be sure it was all in check and what do you know, clutch master was out by a literal half turn, which was the difference between open and shut on bleeder. something so simple and easy to oversight. took for a quick spin warm and sure enough, problem solved. Still eventually upgrading clutches with new turbo BUT that has been pushed WAY down the priority list now thankfully and its another thing i dont NEED to address. Thanks Derek, saved a lot of heartache. 

Thank god it was an easy fix, Glad to of helped. :thumbsup: :ph34r2: :cheers:

Edited by Derek, 29 June 2017 - 06:54 PM.

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Decided to give the ol' gal a bit of loving over the last few days. first spat of rain and i noticed my wipers did 3/5ths of f**k all, they look like 10 year old japanese flex blades, 80 bucks later i have a new set of 'curve fit' blades. Least they have refills and wont be 80 bucks every time...

Bought some of the meguiares ultimate black plastic restorer and my god what a difference it makes. From dull grey to shiny black. Ended up doing every external plastic on the car - mirrors, trims, moulds etc looks mint. Got her first car wash as well since the rebirth and looks nice on the outside. 

Next step is to getting RVR head back on, 20g turbo and mani and get it tuned in. 

Things on the cards are respray (thinking potentially midnight purple 2 but who knows will probably change my mind again), box rebuild, gauge setup - at this stage will be wideband, oil temp/pressure and boost on the centre dash. Thinking i might rice it up and get a small shift light on the side as its hard to take note of exact revs when foots down and looking ahead tacho being to the side, and just get everything neat and tidy. I think im very much past the 'keep it stock and daily' stage and well into the 'sensibly modify for being a daily' stage. 

• ted likes this

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

19665523_10210127639282641_2950806231017

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Glad to see it seems like you're having some wins with it. Well done on sticking to it and not giving up.

We've all been there!
  • Taz likes this
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rvr, hsgr, maverickjr, awd turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users