Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What is the HSGR ride height?

- - - - - suspension handling corners

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Fantastic413

Fantastic413

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I would like to improve the handling of my Summit/ RVR a little bit, Does anyone know what the ride height of the 1997 HSGR was? I tried searching for it online, but I haven't found any answers.

Also what suspension mods would you recommend for better cornering? I don't mind if it's a little harsh.

Parabola

Parabola

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
I'm running evo 8 coilovers on the front. R31 skyline rear struts, custom made rear springs & custom made adjustable 22mm rear sway bar. Car handles beautifully now, almost on par with my evo 6 but slightly more comfortable.

Fantastic413

Fantastic413

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I'm running evo 8 coilovers on the front. R31 skyline rear struts, custom made rear springs & custom made adjustable 22mm rear sway bar. Car handles beautifully now, almost on par with my evo 6 but slightly more comfortable.

Sounds good. How much lower is it? Any problems with rubbing/ clearance?

I'd like to see pics of the sway bar setup.

Parabola

Parabola

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Rear sits roughly 1" above the top of the wheel. Zero issues with rubbing running 235/40/17 Before I was just using off the shelve king springs and when you went wot it would squat by several inches. The old springs were coil binding, the car is just to heavy for them. Wish I could remember the part number for them so I could advise others to stay clear of them. Probably kffs-25 or kfrs-27 something like that.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW

just chop them with a makita angle grinder..YOLO.

Edited by evo-gsr, 02 December 2016 - 10:06 AM.

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users