Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

VR4 Cordia build

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

phaser

phaser

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMulgrave, Melbourne

Hey guys 

Hows it going, so as the title says.. I'm in the process of building a VR4 Cordia in time for Melbourne's summer cruising! I've lost count of how many Cordia's I've owned, definitely more than the undies I've ever owned in my lifetime that's for sure.

Plans are simple, keep it low budget, minimal mods and the biggest hurdle being going in for a RWC and reg.. after the lastest Springy dyno day the other week and bumping into old faces, under Barry's influence mainly haha.. who knows, would love to shoot for 10's in FWD behind an auto.. but the short term goal will be to get it running and registered leading up to summer.

Currently in the process of prepping the bay, paint will go on sometime next week.

Cheers

Pete  

DSCF2597.jpg

DSCF2600.jpg

DSCF2601.jpg

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Oh Yeah! You're back!

I'll give you a hand if you need... Fwd auto is the way to go! Cheap and reliable..
  • ted likes this

phaser

phaser

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Yeah man.. I'm back! And for sure.. Defintely will be needing a hand. I think what you said about getting these older Mitsubishi 4g cars out and about again has motivated me. Hopefully we'll see more cars rolling out of the garage and cruising together again!

TRQ-STR

TRQ-STR

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Sup Pete, car looks clean man.

----|VR4 4G63 RS|MicroTech lt8s|TD0625g|Ported & Polished Head|HKS Front Mount|3" Exhaust|----
|Coilovers|Swaybars|VR-4 2pot Calipers|TP rears|Evo3 Master/Booster|Evo 3 front bar|Side Skirts|Rear Lip|

phaser

phaser

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Koray! Whats happening bro! Its been a while! Hows your beast?? It must be on the road..

TRQ-STR

TRQ-STR

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Nah not yet, It will be soon though.

Check my thread, there are plenty of updates for ya. We may actually get to cruise this year, lol.

----|VR4 4G63 RS|MicroTech lt8s|TD0625g|Ported & Polished Head|HKS Front Mount|3" Exhaust|----
|Coilovers|Swaybars|VR-4 2pot Calipers|TP rears|Evo3 Master/Booster|Evo 3 front bar|Side Skirts|Rear Lip|

(2much)

(2much)

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Pete! My go too Cordia man, ill come past some time... Where you at?

SIVART

SIVART

CE9A-0000001

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I will keep my eyes on this one Pete 

phaser

phaser

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

That is awesome.. Its good to see that some of you Cordia boys are still floating around! We've got to organise a catch up

So I lied about painting the engine bay next week, skipped fathers day with the old man today to get it done haha.. 

Pretty happy with today's outcome, I had to remind myself that this is purely a street car.. there were some hard to reach spots in the bay but overall, im glad that the engine bay is done; next up is cleaning and painting the cross member, suspension, control arms etc and fit up new bushes so I can get it rolling again.. 

Cheers

Pete

DSCF2609.jpg

DSCF2611.jpg

DSCF2616.jpg

DSCF2619.jpg

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Red = Faster!

TRQ-STR

TRQ-STR

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

This will sort you out nice and cheap http://www.ebay.com....c6f1d2c9&_uhb=1

phaser

phaser

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Haha! Im hoping so Baz and I may have to catch up with you soon so you can have a look at that block I've got..

Cheers for the link Koray.. also saw your build, I am envious haha.. but lets get them both on the road this year!

phaser

phaser

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Just some small updates to keep this going! 

At the moment purchases are on hold until the funding starts building up again.. recently did a road trip to Maitland NSW to pick up an engine, that being the biggest issue.. everything else should be relatively easy. 

Majority of interior is all back together bar front seats and dash.. managed to find a set of later model AC wheels, nothing beats 14' rims baby! 

Engine cross members and suspension all painted and fitted.. new bushes through out on the suspension side of things..

Still yet to do;

Looking for a good condition td05 turbo to fit up 

Needing an ecu to wire up

Find and fit up the auto tranny

Brakes

Fuel side of things

Paint up front guards and nose cone 

Slowly getting there! 

Cheers 

Pete

DSCF2621.jpg

DSCF2626.jpg

DSCF2627.jpg

DSCF2629.jpg

DSCF2636.jpg

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Looking like good progress there!

What are the specs on the engine?

SIVART

SIVART

CE9A-0000001

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

the Bay came out nice 

VIN18M

VIN18M

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationSydney

Neat job. Any reason you decided to go auto?

phaser

phaser

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Looking like good progress there!

What are the specs on the engine?

Just a standard engine Baz with fresh internals.. has 272/264 cams, adjustable gears and either Sard 700/800cc injectors.. and has had a little bit of head work. I haven't had the time lately but will be giving the motor a once over when I get closer to dropping it in..

the Bay came out nice 

Haha Thanks Travis! 

Neat job. Any reason you decided to go auto?

Thanks mate, to be honest I think its because i'm getting lazy haha.. The main goal with this car is purely a street car where I could have a bit of fun in and also with a limited budget in mind.. and plus, seeing the guys in the states run a 10.. through an auto.. in FWD and some even nice times with a 16g td05.. sounds good enough for me

Cheers

Pete

Edited by phaser, 12 October 2016 - 05:59 AM.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
My auto is running in the AMG! At least we know it works! How is it progressing?

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
What ecu are ya gunna run too? Just out of curiosity,

GSRVR

GSRVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip