Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1993 Mitsubishi Lancer GSR EVO3 replica race car - may part out

- - - - - forged engine Autronic SMC DMS Coilovers TD05-20G EVO3 Bodykit Roll Cage

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

omx500

omx500

• Donating Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHobart

Hi.  I have been a forum stalker here for some time and have purchased parts from forum members, but have never really posted as I am easily intimidated.  However, due to space and sanity issues I have decided to sell my road registered track/hillclimb car.  Some forum members may recognize it and may be able to add or correct the information below?  When I bought the car it had been fitted with a TD05-20G from GT pumps on a standard exhaust manifold and it had the worst boost creep.  I eventually resolved this with the thick walled tubular s/s manifold and Turbosmart external wastegate arrangement now fitted.  Other mods by me include new larger front rotor setup which is actually hubcentric and caliper mounts which position the calipers parallel to the discs, upgraded engine mounts, a bunch of quality gauges (and one cheap one), new Turbosmart FPR, rewired fuel pump, Lithium Ion battery rear mounted, cage, new harness, steering wheel, wheels, tyres, oil cooler, air filter inlet.  Following is the ad copied from my Gumtree posting which, other than contact from a forum member here is causing me nothing but grief.

Car in Derwent Park, Hobart TAS

Price $10 000

Phone 0419 366 050

Gumtree ad text ->

1993 Lancer GSR with 4G63T 2.0L turbo engine and gearbox. Fully built engine by Pro-Automotive and done minimal work since then (maybe 5000km? - I have not driven it on the road as transport ever, previous owner drove minimally, maybe 1500km, and builder is a long time forum member here who sold it without using it much following build). Bullet proof 6 bolt block with forged rods and pistons, reconditioned big port head with new valves and springs, cyclone intake manifold, cams, adjustable cam sprockets etc. Thick walled stainless tube exhaust manifold, GT Pumps TD05-20G turbo with billet compressor wheel, Turbosmart 40mm compgate external wastegate, 3" exhaust from dump. Boost control by Turbosmart Eboost 2. Fuel and ignition control by Autronic SMC PNP. 550cc injectors, DW high volume in-tank pump rewired for proper voltage, Turbosmart FPR800 fuel pressure regulator. Big FMIC, Plazmaman BOV and external oil cooler. Uprated engine mounts Li-Ion race battery mounted in rear with electronic battery isolator operable from inside and external button on bonnet. Other track requirements such as bonnet pins, tow points, catch can etc all sorted. Extensive AEM instrumentation including wideband failsafe, fuel pressure, EGT etc. Shift-i shift light. Jim Berry clutch. DMS (Drummond Motor Sport) coilovers. Upgraded brakes with AP Racing alloy hats and Performance Friction rotors with near new Ferodo DS-One pads on front and slotted rotors and Project-U pads on rear. Buddy Club wheels in 16x7.5" and 16x8.5" with Falken RT-615K 215/45-16 tyres. Sparco Pro2000 seats, 2 near new FIA approved harnesses. Safety 21 12 point roll cage. Standard body with rolled guards, replica EVO3 fibreglass front bar and rear pods, genuine FRP EVO3 side skirts and rear spoiler. Genuine EVO3 alloy bonnet. Body is neat and tidy. This is a road registered race car. It is not feasible to imagine that it could be used as any sort of daily driver. It is noisy, harsh, hot, annoying to get in and out of and generally angry. If you are not mechanically sympathetic you will break stuff. In fact stuff will break anyway so if this is going to make you sad, better look elsewhere. It is however super fun and capable when used as intended. 
Last time out at Baskerville was doing low 62s laps on street tyres. Car currently has what I think is an ignition issue causing misfiring above 20psi boost. Standard ignition should be OK at current BMEP so I have been waiting for weeks for replacement coils and leads which will hopefully rectify. 
Price is firm. No swaps or trades thanks. If I cannot sell this in the next few weeks I will part out as I think this will return more $. If you may be interested in any parts, send me a text or gumtree message with your contact details and which parts you may be interested in (no obligation). Please note that the car has current regular Tasmanian registration and the engine swap has been approved and new engine number recorded on registration papers.

<- End Gumtree ad text

I see there are some excellent cars advertised here for tiny money so am not sure how this will go but I have to try.  All possible assistance provided to interstate interested parties including pick you up from the airport, take car to freight depot, show car to trusted local forum member or etc.  Thanks for taking the time to read this far!

20160613_121604_resized.jpg 20160613_121324_resized.jpg 20160613_121702_resized.jpg 20160613_121440_resized.jpg 20160613_121502_resized.jpg 20160613_121512_resized.jpg 20160613_121901_resized.jpg 20160613_121747_resized.jpg 20160613_121254_resized.jpg 20160613_121919_resized.jpg

Edited by omx500, 19 June 2016 - 01:37 PM.

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Geelong

if you end up parting do those caliper clear without spacers? if so im very interested and also is the internal gate welded on the 20g?

omx500

omx500

• Donating Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHobart

if you end up parting do those caliper clear without spacers? if so im very interested and also is the internal gate welded on the 20g?

Calipers over 315mmx28mm discs clear Buddy Club P1 16x8.5" 35P wheel without spacers - disc and wheel both hubcentric.  Internal gate is welded (just a spot to stop it rattling).

Thanks for you interest

Edited by omx500, 19 June 2016 - 01:39 AM.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Following is the ad copied from my Gumtree posting which, other than contact from a forum member here is causing me nothing but grief.

What do you mean by this phrase above??
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
There are a few bits on this I would be keen to take if you decide to part it out also.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Youtube link does not work also.

omx500

omx500

• Donating Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHobart

Following is the ad copied from my Gumtree posting which, other than contact from a forum member here is causing me nothing but grief.

What do you mean by this phrase above??

Sorry this was not clear.  Through Gumtree I have had a number of contacts from people trying to swap everything from household items to holiday vouchers, or offering ludicrous 'cash waiting' offers for items (such as seats) which would render the car as a 'part out' proposition from the get go.  One of the few sensible contacts has been from a Tas based forum member who I am dealing with on potential part outs (if I choose to do this) and some other bits and pieces.

omx500

omx500

• Donating Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHobart

Youtube link does not work also.

Hopefully linked fixed - thanks for the heads up.

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Geelong

Thats gumtree for you, attracts all kinds of fuckwits

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Yep...Scumtree.....its free so its gotta attract the lower class shit c$nts

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Interested in the shocks. Thank you.

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA

seagull here!seagull.jpg

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Seagull Way ?

omx500

omx500

• Donating Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHobart

seagull here!attachicon.gifseagull.jpg

or vulture?

omx500

omx500

• Donating Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHobart

Currently sorting the high load misfire.  Need to work this out so potential buyers of car/parts know what they are getting.  Should have done this before advertising.  Rookie error.  Have had expressions of interest on engine complete with fuel system and ecu, complete hotside setup, exhaust manifold, body parts including genuine plastic bits and bonnet, coilovers, some front brake components. 

omx500

omx500

• Donating Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHobart

Misfire apparently fixed by local workshop.  Turned out to be nothing more than a bad plug.  Am leaning toward looking for a sale of complete car only.  It is too good to break up and I don't really have the time to deal with it ATM.  Sorry to be changing my mind like that.  I have some local interest to work with during the week.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forged engine, Autronic SMC, DMS Coilovers, TD05-20G, EVO3 Bodykit, Roll Cage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users