Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Car starts when it feels like it....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Loskoe

Loskoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Hi all was wondering if anybody had this same problem and knows whats causing it or how to resolve. I have a cc wagon with a 63t in it and have a problem with it starting, It will start but the only time it seems to is when i turn the key to acc and hear a rapid clicking noise from the throttlebody (which I assume is the iac valve). If it doesnt start clicking it wont start. Any helps appreciated. Tia

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
That would probably relate to your main relay.

No click = no power to iac, fuel system etc. Do you have an alarm?

Loskoe

Loskoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

That would probably relate to your main relay.

No click = no power to iac, fuel system etc. Do you have an alarm?

No alarm, I get spark and fuel

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
If you are getting fuel and spark it should start. The iac usually resets when powered on. Have you checked your ecu capacitors yet?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Loskoe

Loskoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Yeah i didnt think the iac would prevent it from starting, its the rapid clicking that idicates that it will actually turn over though. No noise, no go. I havnt checked the ecu, what exactly am i looking for?

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Leaking oozing goop and corrosion
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

Ross Cox

Ross Cox

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBrisbane...Northside

G'day. I am not being a smartarse. Is the noise coming form the starter motor not the IAC. The starter is under the throttle body, and a low battery voltage will make the solenoid click. Cheers

Ross

Loskoe

Loskoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

G'day. I am not being a smartarse. Is the noise coming form the starter motor not the IAC. The starter is under the throttle body, and a low battery voltage will make the solenoid click. Cheers
Ross

Hey mate thanks for the reply, im pretty sure its coming from the tb. The clicking only occurs when the car will turn over. Usually if I give it a rest for a hour or 2 and come back it will click and start but it hasnt done so for the past day

Ross Cox

Ross Cox

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBrisbane...Northside
Righto

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
As Baz said, I would of thought the usual gold relay behind the stereo playing up, your 110% sure its not though, yeah?

Loskoe

Loskoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

As Baz said, I would of thought the usual gold relay behind the stereo playing up, your 110% sure its not though, yeah?

Not 110% sure lol is there a way to test it?

Hi all was wondering if anybody had this same problem and knows whats causing it or how to resolve. I have a cc wagon with a 63t in it and have a problem with it starting, It will start but the only time it seems to is when i turn the key to acc and hear a rapid clicking noise from the throttlebody (which I assume is the iac valve). If it doesnt start clicking it wont start. Any helps appreciated. Tia

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Take ya radio out and you'll see a gold mitsubishi relay box to the bottom left, just touch it an see if thats where ya clicking is coming from, might determine if it is what ya hearing,
I did have a spare one i could of sent/ leant ya but I think I might of sold it, maybe put up a wtb or go to a pick a part

Loskoe

Loskoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Take ya radio out and you'll see a gold mitsubishi relay box to the bottom left, just touch it an see if thats where ya clicking is coming from, might determine if it is what ya hearing,
I did have a spare one i could of sent/ leant ya but I think I might of sold it, maybe put up a wtb or go to a pick a part

Will check that also cheers mate

Loskoe

Loskoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Have checked ECU and looks faulty (oozing and corrosion) will try find another and see if that works

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Good start
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

Make sure you get an ECU that is correct for the engine you have. Different ECU's are flashed to suit the set of injectors that the engine came out with. If you could post a pic or 2 of the outside (main sticker) and inside of the ECU, that'd help sourcing the right one.

Loskoe

Loskoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Make sure you get an ECU that is correct for the engine you have. Different ECU's are flashed to suit the set of injectors that the engine came out with. If you could post a pic or 2 of the outside (main sticker) and inside of the ECU, that'd help sourcing the right one.

Cheers for that

a70ecf567f5a5b7c740455281a605425.jpg0a38bbe13165f0fbe7a0422110d975c9.jpg

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Evo 1 ecu so any 1-3 ecu should suffice

Edited by BYBY5L, 17 June 2016 - 12:10 AM.

Loskoe

Loskoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Evo 1 ecu so any 1-3 ecu should suffice

Just tried using a friends ecu and it works!! Now to find one. Thanks all for the help!!

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Or you could try and replace the capacitors?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users